British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Oh yeah...and it's still a joy to see Millsy ride! Only rider to come round for a two lap victory parade!  Good on ya Millsy!

Makes the fans feel appreciated doesn't it .......... :approve: Fingers crossed that Millsy's weekend performances have seen him over his slight blip in form :approve: We want him milking it more often :lol:

sorry i know this will come back to bite me but KING LYNN FANS = GLORY SUPPORTERS

Right on the arse I should hope, you've got it all wrong!! Glory supporters, jesus, just look back at the history of our club and you'll soon see if fans who have been attending KL for 20+ years are glory supporters!!!!!

Makes the fans feel appreciated doesn't it ..........  :approve:  Fingers crossed that Millsy's weekend performances have seen him over his slight blip in form  :approve:  We want him milking it more often  :lol:

Right on the arse I should hope, you've got it all wrong!!  Glory supporters, jesus, just look back at the history of our club and you'll soon see if fans who have been attending KL for 20+ years are glory supporters!!!!!

well its obvious the ones that were around me aint been going that many years i do have a reallt close mate that supports lynn and hes been going over 20years n he is fab so it wasnt aimed at ALL lynn fans but the ones around me yesterday didnt help it just made me opinion stronger.

i did manage to speak to one lady (lynn fan) she was really nice.

IOW completely different class in the final tbh.

glad to hear ricky ashworth has no lasting damage,the crash was a frightening one.

Feel extremely peed off for the redcar supporters,their top class team being replaced by a conference league team ( Ben Wilson exonerated cause he rode well)  :wink:

Looking at maybe redcar would have gave better value?, very poor from compton, was it his bikes or want he bothered about the thing? :unsure:

Surprise surprise, this thread has resorted to childish jibes between opposing fans!

Sorry to hear there were Lynn fans in the stand acting like morons, we were on the back straight amongst fans from Rye and Sheffield and there wasn't a bad word all afternoon (got a little annoyed when a few Rye fans cheered Trevor's EF though). It does make me wonder why various people have to make fun of every bad result the Stars have though, jealousy from last season maybe? Pathetic. So what if Tomas shakes his head when he comes last? The man has high standards and has the right to be disappointed with himself if he sees fit. Looked slow IMO after blowing his best engine at West Row on Saturday night.

Well done to the Islanders, the best team by a million miles on the day, they all contributed not just Noddy & Bunyan. Pleased with Lynn's efforts, like ajh I didn't expect Millsy to get the required points in heat 8 of the semi so well done to him. As Chris says the track was always going to end up dusty and with a blue groove due to the weather, the only thing they could have done (which I believe has been practiced in the past) was to chuck down some more dirt before the final but the day dragged on a bit as it was.

Definitely worth £15.

Edited by Bagpuss

A true fan would NEVER cheer for another team whatever the circumstances.

True speedway supporters would.

Excellent and well deserved victory for IOW winners by a long way, Jason Bunyon knows his way around Peterborough, very entertaining.

Also what an excellent meeting put on by Peterborough and speedway in general, although I didn't see the point in having people queue to change their rainoff tickets.

Only downside, as someone else has mentioned, was the response and general rudeness of some KingsLynn supporters. I love speedway and think Topinka, Nermark and the rest of the guys are brilliant entertainment but the "fans" sitting near us were terrible, one in particular was extremely foul mouthed and abusive to other teams riders, the sport can do without so called "Supporters" like that.

In general, thanks to ALL the teams for providing an excellent days entertainment and well worth the 5 hour journey to and from Peterborough.

Congratulations to the Isle of Wight

sooner than later please steve!!!!thanks mate

sooner than later please steve!!!!

keen?

i might buy the meeting on dvd just to see that millsy race :lol: but i dont want to buy it and thats the only good race was the rest of the meeting worth buying. well pleased millsy milked it he is great at doing that lets just hope he can start scoring big points for us again. also very dissapointed reading that some lynn fans where giving riders abuse it puts a bad name towards the true lynn fans like myself and others

Edited by Andrew E

Not had time to read all the posts cos either the forum is slow or the works puter is slow, but I have to say I'm extremely annoyed with the reported behaviour of some Lynn fans. I won't apologise for the out of order Lynn fans cos they annoy me as much as they do everyone else. We stood on the 3rd bend and cheered and applauded all riders. Not once did any of us abuse anyone. There again the 10-12 of us have all been going for years :wink: and do not expect to win everything.

As for the dust, sorry but I've been to 4s meetings in the past that have been hotter and windier and we never had that amount of dust.

i think the problem with the dust, as has already been mentioned, is that is was done a bit arse about face ... grade then water, not water then grade, as all you're then doing is getting rid of the small amount of water that was on the track, and allowing it to dry quicker

Congratulations to the IOW team, well deserved win, and congratulations also to the much travelled fans who over the past few seasons have travelled the length and breadth of the UK in support of their team. These fans, although often small in number, show true dedication to their team and are some of the nicest travelling fans we have had the pleasure of meeting

I wasn't there yesterday , but why is it Sheffield seem to perform so poorly in these events . I was at the Pairs last week and Compton and Ashworth didn't look interested there and i remember the 2005 fours at Workington in which they disappointed again . Apart from last years pairs ( which was Ashworth and Wilson ) if these big meetings aren't round Owlerton they seem to treat them with distain .

Fantastic performance from the Isle of Wight team, every member getting at least 1 heat victory, which is no mean feat when you only have a maximum of 5 rides, against some quality opposition.

I was sat with the majority of the IoW fans just in front of the start line, and we had a group of Birmingham and Somerset fans behind us, who were both good value, I didnt hear any moaning/abuse from any of the other fans.

The dust was a problem, have to agree that the tractor man shouldve been before the watering, not after, but ive seen worse.

But the most upsetting part of the whole afternoon, which, having read through the 6 pages of this thread since the end of the meeting that I cannot believe anybody else has complained about, were the bloody THUNDERBUGS! Or Thunderflies, or whatever you wanted to call them, they were everywhere!

I can still feel them crawling into my ear now . . . :angry:

Well done the Isle of Wight, well done Peterborough, and see you all next year!

But the most upsetting part of the whole afternoon, which, having read through the 6 pages of this thread since the end of the meeting that I cannot believe anybody else has complained about, were the bloody THUNDERBUGS! Or Thunderflies, or whatever you wanted to call them, they were everywhere! I can still feel them crawling into my ear now . . .

Midges...yes they are very annoying aren't they? That's the only thing I moaned about all afternoon! Can't stand them at all. I think I should have bought some repellent stuff instead of sun cream :lol:

Edited by em1500uk