British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

But the most upsetting part of the whole afternoon, which, having read through the 6 pages of this thread since the end of the meeting that I cannot believe anybody else has complained about, were the bloody THUNDERBUGS! Or Thunderflies, or whatever you wanted to call them, they were everywhere!

We had similar with greenfly one year. I wonder what we'll get if we have them again?

I wasn't there yesterday , but why is it Sheffield seem to perform so poorly in these events . I was at the Pairs last week and Compton and Ashworth didn't look interested there and i remember the 2005 fours at Workington in which they disappointed again . Apart from last years pairs ( which was Ashworth and Wilson ) if these big meetings aren't round Owlerton they seem to treat them with distain .

finished 3rd or fourth in last years 4TT and second in the pairs, won 4TT in 99 & 2000 and were runners up in 2001

hardly dissapointing, up to this year that is when we werent disapointing either just embarrassing

I think in the sean wilson era he really led sheffield well, thats when it was the peak. :)

Midgets...yes they are right little annoying buggers aren't they? That's the only thing I moaned about all afternoon! Can't stand them at all. I think I should have bought some repellent stuff instead of sun cream :lol:

please be careful what you put on here because you will have the pc brigade on at you... please don't be nasty to little people :lol:

i'm sure you mean't midges :lol:

please be careful what you put on here because you will have the pc brigade on at you... please don't be nasty to little people :lol:

i'm sure you mean't midges  :lol:

Yes they're what I meant :oops: I've just edited my post! :lol:

now to the nitty grity...............most seem to be moaning bout the track and track staff? well i must admit Ive not seen it that dusty for ages BUT the sun was defo shinning. people near me (Lynn fans) where moaning when the water bouzer came out when it did what the hell would you all have been like if it came out for longer or more often.

i would like to praise the track staff even tho they are my mates i feel they did a fantastic job (it aint easy out there) i cant remember the last time i went to a PL track and you had track staff (haven't been to all tho)

i would like to also say that i find a few of the Lynn fans very RUDE and bias.

I'm allowed to cheer for my MATES not just a team thanks.

i also find it very unfair when its OK for your riders but when others do it they get the hand action-don't get me wrong we all have riders we aint fans of but do they really deserve all that crap.  NO

they are out there risking everything for OUR entertainment.

sorry i know this will come back to bite me but KING LYNN FANS = GLORY SUPPORTERS

Ok so you dislike King's Lynn fans. You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last. But I'm pretty sure none of us will lose any sleep over it. :D

Where were you? I didn't even see you! Ha, yes there was a bit of dust :P Luckily where we were, it didn't affect us too much.

Standing on back straight, along with about 30 other KL fans, near to Paul Lee's mum, James Brundle's dad etc. Great fun apart from as a lot have said the dust, oh and my ever so painful sunburn :blink::lol:

Congratulations to the IOW team, well deserved win, and congratulations also to the much travelled fans who over the past few seasons have travelled the length and breadth of the UK in support of their team. These fans, although often small in number, show true dedication to their team and are some of the nicest travelling fans we have had the pleasure of meeting

Here, here Liz and it's really great when riders from teams make a special effort to celebrate any victory with their travelling fans, it shows they appreciate the effort that people put in to travel, hundreds of miles in some cases, and the money it costs, to support them :approve::approve:

well done to every single team great effort from all its not easy on man or machines.

now to the nitty grity...............most seem to be moaning bout the track and track staff? well i must admit Ive not seen it that dusty for ages BUT the sun was defo shinning. people near me (Lynn fans) where moaning when the water bouzer came out when it did what the hell would you all have been like if it came out for longer or more often.

i would like to praise the track staff even tho they are my mates i feel they did a fantastic job (it aint easy out there) i cant remember the last time i went to a PL track and you had track staff (haven't been to all tho)

i would like to also say that i find a few of the Lynn fans very RUDE and bias.

I'm allowed to cheer for my MATES not just a team thanks.

i also find it very unfair when its OK for your riders but when others do it they get the hand action-don't get me wrong we all have riders we aint fans of but do they really deserve all that crap.  NO

they are out there risking everything for OUR entertainment.

sorry i know this will come back to bite me but KING LYNN FANS = GLORY SUPPORTERS

IOW greatly deserved to win meeting everyone cut in with the points.

Beg your pardon, not all KL fans are like that, most of us have been supporting KL for 25 years plus, and those that have only been supporting a shorter time how can you sit there and judge. We only had success last season after over 40 years of waiting for such. Glory hunters we most certainly are not, passionate about our team yes we are ;):approve:

Is this going to be put on to DVD? If so, where is it availible from please and how much ?

Thanks.

We only had success last season after over 40 years of waiting for such.  Glory hunters we most certainly are not, passionate about our team yes we are  ;)  :approve:

and the year before that.. :D

Is this going to be put on to DVD? If so, where is it availible from please and how much ?

Thanks.

ReRun Productions were filming it and I presume it will be available alongside the other super seven meetings here :D