British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

and the year before that..

And who could forget 2000!!!

Yes but last year was magical, the lads getting the treble in the memory of AJ. May have had good years, but last year for me was just 'special' :)

The years when we got tonked at home and away were not good, however I dare not say anymore about KL for fear of being tarred with the Glory Hunters badge ;):lol:

The years when we got tonked at home and away were not good, however I dare not say anymore about KL for fear of being tarred with the Glory Hunters badge  ;)  :lol:

I haven't got that badge in my collection yet, damn, do they sell that one in track shop?? I must go look Wednesday night. :lol:

lol you can borrow one of mine, I dont mind sharing. I have also got a

'you are now tarred with the same brush' badge, which I dont really like :)

I actually think yesterday was wonderful, we clapped and cheered all teams, and had a good laugh with a lot of people. Although where all these bad 'Stars' supporters were I dont know, never heard a bad thing other than friendly banter.

I chatted with lots of fans, at the burger bar van sat on the bench talking to a couple from Rye House and also Chris Mill's cousin. Then on back straight sat in place on grass, surrounded by fans from all clubs also some panthers fans, Paul Lees mum who is such a lovely lady :) Also the lady I stood talking to comparing sunburn marks.

Next year, you betcha we will be there.

Well if I am a glory hunter, I served a 40 year apprenticeship :P

If I'm totally honest I prefer it when we hadn't had any success. No one accused us of anything except being useless :rolleyes:

I can honestly say that in 42 years following Lynn up and down the country I have only once left a stadium on bad terms with anyone and in that case I was totally in the right. How anyone can accuse Terry Betts of being a dirty rider still perplexes me and there was no way I was backing down on that one :wink:

SS if they have those badges in the track shop, don't bother getting me one cos I ain't patriotic enough to get one off someone with a foreign user name :P

Edited by Star Lady

How anyone can accuse Terry Betts of being a dirty rider still perplexes me  and there was no way I was backing down on that one :wink:

Wonder if I was there that night, even as a nipper I'd have gladly kicked the culprit in the shins for assuming such a thing! :P

SS if they have those badges in the track shop, don't bother getting me one cos I ain't patriotic enough to get one off someone with a foreign user name :P

Talking of patriotism, the colours on your avatar flag are the wrong way round! :lol::wink:

We had to have someone to support in final Shadders instead of standing there like lemons, watching 17 heats for nothing all because our team were absolute rubbish

Hmmmmm...now you mention it, I seem to remember a night in 2005 when Berwick were at Sheffield and needed to win for us to win the title. A group of us set up a big screen in the back hall of the local Labour club and watched speedway updates on it. I seem to remember wanting Sheffield to win, but there certainly wasn't any cheering, just a lot of HUGE smiles, handshakes and backslapping :D

If I'm totally honest I prefer it when we hadn't had any success. No one accused us of anything except being useless :rolleyes:

Liar ;)

We had similar with greenfly one year. I wonder what we'll get if we have them again?

I was there that year supporting Newcastle. The blessed things were everywhere. Can't say I noticed the thunderflies yesterday just the dust. :)

. Good job didn't get one in the end as were original programmes from first staging. Nice and professional that Jonny. Still maybe now you can purchase a personalised number plate like Pete Toogood, with the money saved on re prints?

That was dissapointing, surely an insert was not too much to ask was it :mad:

Also just like the Kings Lynn prog last year there was nowhere to put team changes, a little more thought needed there :blink:

That was dissapointing, surely an insert was not too much to ask was it :mad:

Also just like the Kings Lynn prog last year there was nowhere to put team changes, a little more thought needed there  :blink:

I agree on the note we needed an insert. And there was nowhere to make all my 're-run' 'so-and-so came off' 'name took name on the third bend lap 4' etc etc. I wasnt pleased with that. Just about managed to cram it in in tiny writing though. :P

Its a good job we dont all bring our cameras, otherwise the centre green would be full whilst the promoters pockets would be empty :blink:

Its a good job we dont all bring our cameras, otherwise the centre green would be full whilst the promoters pockets would be empty :blink:

That'a a good one :lol:

I agree on the note we needed an insert. And there was nowhere to make all my 're-run' 'so-and-so came off' 'name took name on the third bend lap 4' etc etc. I wasnt pleased with that. Just about managed to cram it in in tiny writing though. :P

Also did you notice how tiny the gap was to write in the lap times? :blink:

Definately have to rethink the programmes for next year won't they.....or not :D

even emptier if you're not there tonight supporting your team and promoter :blink:

[Talking of patriotism, the colours on your avatar flag are the wrong way round! :lol:  :wink: [/color]

Nah think it must have been all the dust in your eyes :P