British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

PREMIER LEAGUE BEST PAIRS

Friday 29th June @ 7.30pm (Eve of British GP)

Oak tree Arena – Somerset

Adults £15

Students and OAP’s £10

Junior (12-15) £5

Under 11’s free

Entertainment – Upgraded sound system and DJ plus fireworks

5pm - Gates open

6pm - Riders Autographs

7.15pm Parade

7.30pm 1st race

Qualifying teams: 10

Qualifying Rules:

9 Teams will qualify on combined averages of their top 2 riders (exc bonus points) plus 1 team will be seeded.

Line Up announced: Friday 1st June

Information taken from:- http://www.super7even.com/

Thought they are suppose to be neutral venues, Somerset isn't very neutral.

Makes sense to me, with Somerset only being about an hour from Cardiff with many fans already being in the area for the GP + Somerset is one of the the fairest tracks in the country.

yes but the somerset riders are clearly now at an advantage

Possibly , but the pairs is the least important of the big meetings ( ask rye house ) so if somebody has home advantage so be it - it's a fun meeting and it will be very enjoyable on a hot summers night ( with any luck ) at the OTA .

Guest thetiger2799

Dont agree with this at all, How are Glasgow meant to win it now, that its not at Ashfield.

Dont agree with this at all, How are Glasgow meant to win it now, that its not at Ashfield.

Who says we wont with the "messiah" and our czech superstar flying the flag for the stripes .

Guest thetiger2799
Who says we wont with the "messiah" and our czech superstar flying the flag for the stripes .

True Paulco, With the Czech Superstar riding, we wouldn't have won it at Ashfield either.

Hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes, it genuinely isn't meant to be but...................

Wasps v Tigers on the Friday evening before the GP was always eagerly anticipated, good racing with an edge to it, an air of expectancy that it could all blow up at any moment, loads of Tigers fans in good voice........

I wonder what we'll get for our pre GP delectation now?

BTW, nothing against Somerset, just a pity about the date that's all.

Hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes, it genuinely isn't meant to be but...................

Wasps  v  Tigers on the Friday evening before the GP was always eagerly anticipated, good racing with an edge to it, an air of expectancy that it could all blow up at any moment, loads of Tigers fans in good voice........

I wonder what we'll get for our pre GP delectation now?

BTW, nothing against Somerset, just a pity about the date that's all.

The pairs will be a good night , but you're right i dont think it will have the same atmosphere as the wasps v tigers on the friday . It will be interesting to see how they schedule it now .

Ideally, the Wasps vs Glasgow meeting will be on the Sunday now instead.

Ideally, the Wasps vs Glasgow meeting will be on the Sunday now instead.

We will be at Mildenhall on the sunday , while you will no doubt be staging the Welsh Open .

We will be at Mildenhall on the sunday , while you will no doubt be staging the Welsh Open .

AND?! whats better? Newport vs Glasgow or Mildenhall vs Glasgow? Let them find some other team to race against. I'm sure if Tim wanted he could quite easily run the Welsh Open at some other time. Newport vs Glasgow only works well GP weekend. Maybe Glasgow can come down on an alternative Friday night, that way we get the better atmosphere and Glasgow don't miss a home meeting.

know which i rather a tatsy league meeting or a pairs? and i feel sorry for those booked into cardiff hotels expecting a meeting at newport on the friday, nice chaotic trip to somerset on a friday evening instead anybody?