British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

Dave if you are the man in the box down at the OTA may I just say you are by a country mile the best announcer I have heard at a speedway venue for a long long time. Very articulate and informative.

Top guy !

The Redcar fans won't be happy until the BSPA declare them winners of one of the super7 events!  :rolleyes:

Maybe next year they should call them the super8s and have the "Championship of Redcar for teams in Redcar who race speedway", featuring the Redcar Bears A, B, C and D teams and they can race it on the Recar track and demand that there is passing on every bend  :blink:

PMSL... :D .......really :blink: Dont you have to be "in it to win it"

Im sorry but I cant take any post seriously from a person who has swapped teams because his side "Newport" have struggled over the seasons (though not this season, but is it to embarrasing to go back to the Newport avatar now they are doing OK). What colours will you be sporting next season if "the Bees" are struggling.....Wolves, Birmingham etc ? :lol:

Dave if you are the man in the box down at the OTA may I just say you are by a country mile the best announcer I have heard at a speedway venue for a long long time. Very articulate and informative.

Top guy !

Kermit, that really is a very nice thing to say. I think you must have only ever heard two announcers in your life, the other being a deaf mute :D

Seriously, thank you very much for your kind words. It's nice to be appreciated & if I in some way contributed to your enjoyment @ the Oak Tree on pairs night, then that's fantastic.

Thanks again.

Top guy !

One of the few things that spoilt my evening was the very unfunny,rude and patronising Mike Bennett.

Shame the traffic wasnt bad enough to have kept him away.

As I put on the British Grand Prix thread....Great Atmosphere,Great racing.

With the plans Bill and Mike have for the venue it won't be long before we are praising the facilities at The OTA

PMSL... :D .......really :blink: Dont you have to be "in it to win it"

Im sorry but I cant take any post seriously from a person who has swapped teams because his side "Newport" have struggled over the seasons (though not this season, but is it to embarrasing to go back to the Newport avatar now they are doing OK). What colours will you be sporting next season if "the Bees" are struggling.....Wolves, Birmingham etc ? :lol:

1. I fail to see what this has to do with the argument.

2. I didn't stop going to Newport because they were losing, check out the location next to my name for one reason! The second is I felt no associate with the current Wasps teams, I either don't like the riders or had never seen them so they meant very little to me.

3. Newport are doing well this year(2 from bottom is amazing :P), you'll see I have complemented them on that, doesn't mean I "like" them all of a sudden. Tom Hedley, Michal Rajkowski and Barry Burchatt are unknowns to me, Nick Simmons is someone I could take or leave and I'm no fan of Tony Atkin, meaning only Phil and Schrammy mean anything to me but pick just about any team and theres a couple of rider I like (even at Redcar!)

I have never denied that if Coventry sign a team of rider I don't like and my circumstances change, I'll support another team, why? Because I don't support riders "because they ride for my team", I have a little bit of integrity, if I don't like someone (or do like someone) its for there bad points (or merits) not just the randomness of signing for "my team".

Edited by SCB

No problem Dave, it was actually my girlfriend who made the first comment and to be honest she isn't the biggest speedway fan in the world, and she said when filling in the programme that you made it enjoyable for her and that you had a nice voice !!!!!!!!!!!

I must also point out that I wasn't a fan of Mr Bennet either !!!!!!!!

Edited by Kermit

the biggest fan mike bennett has is himself, and the problem is he listens to himself when he says how good he is

hope you keep improving the facilities at the OTA it is a great race track

Edited by The Third Man

the biggest fan mike bennett has is himself, and the problem is he listens to himself when he says how good he is

WRONG! the chapmans are also involved in the bennett love fest :wink: