British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

I obviously wasn't listening then .  :oops: or had nipped out for a cigarette - one of the two .  :rolleyes:

Not even going to apologize for making a reference to Berwick that had bugger all to do with them then no ?. :angry:

Not even going to apologize for making a reference to Berwick that had bugger all to do with them then no ?. :angry:

Aye all right calm doon - my deepest apologies to the town and the proud citizens of Berwick and Trevor Steven .

There happy now . :rolleyes:

I could always point him out to you on 14th April wjm and you could have a public flogging :blink:

I could always point him out to you on 14th April wjm and you could have a public flogging  :blink:

Dont you start as well . :wink:

I could always point him out to you on 14th April wjm and you could have a public flogging  :blink:

:lol: , nah its fair enough Berwicks fans make an erse of them self and the club enough on the road with out adding to it. :lol:

Dont you start as well .  :wink:

Just thought you might enjoy it :P Oh wait a minute, I think I got mixed up with a flagon (of beer!) lol

This may be of interest to some people who want to go to the pairs and the GP.

At Somerset We put on a coach sevice to the GP (with or without GP tickets) So why not stay in Burnham for the weekend as parking in Cardiff is a nightmare anyway.

what is happening this year is preventing Tim running at all. He also loses another home meeting for the PL Riders Championship.
I know. It's such a shame isn't it?

This is a weak argument which doesn't stand up. For example Edinburgh are also losing out on a meeting on the Friday. Other weekend tracks will also be missing at least one home meeting because of the GP or shared events. How come these teams are able to take these interruptions better than Newport?

Very few promoters have put so much time and their own money into speedway over the last ten years as Tim has.
I don't doubt the man's commitment but unfortunately it's not showing in the end product. This is evidenced by the dirty stadium, poor crowds and uncompetitive teams fielded in the recent past.

Besides, what makes you think that the other, better promoters in speedway put in any less time, effort or money into their job than Newport's promoter does to his?

Name me one other promoter whose full-time occupation and income comes from one speedway club?
Genuine question - Is speedway the Newport promoter's sole business interest? If so what does he do for income during the winter?

Why not have a go at the Isle of Wight who rely a small number of meetings during the summer holidays to keep the club afloat.
Because the people at the Isle of Wight are professionals who have in my opinion done a very good job in bringing speedway to a new area. Their stadium is a pleasant, tidy place and a friendly atmosphere always prevails. Newport, regrettably, is none of these things.

Graham.

Edited by Graham

This may be of interest to some people who want to go to the pairs and the GP.

At Somerset We put on a coach sevice to the GP  (with or without GP tickets) So why not stay in Burnham for the weekend as parking in Cardiff is a nightmare anyway.

I think you might just have a well over subscribed coach service Cider lol

Seriously, it sounds like a good idea for people who are not yet booked up but presumably you have limited numbers etc.

Might be a good idea to advertise contact details etc here and let people know how to book etc. Somerset could even make the odd few quid out of it - after all full buses at a very reasonable amount per head should more than cover the cost of coach hire and could put a few quid into the riders fuel fund or even to the SRBF

Graham, I'm not going to quote your post above but as I am replying to the thread anyhow I have to say I fully agree with you - far more than Newport are affected, its all about compromise and give and take

I think you might just have a well over subscribed coach service Cider lol

Seriously, it sounds like a good idea for people who are not yet booked up but presumably you have limited numbers etc.

Might be a good idea to advertise contact details etc here and let people know how to book etc.  Somerset could even make the odd few quid out of it - after all full buses at a very reasonable amount per head should more than cover the cost of coach hire and could put a few quid into the riders fuel fund or even to the SRBF

Graham, I'm not going to quote your post above but as I am replying to the thread anyhow I have to say I fully agree with you - far more than Newport are affected, its all about compromise and give and take

Keep checking the Somerset Rebels site for information re: Coaches to Cardiff, it should be announced very soon.

I know.  It's such a shame isn't it?

This is a weak argument which doesn't stand up.  For example Edinburgh are also losing out on a meeting on the Friday.  Other weekend tracks will also be missing at least one home meeting because of the GP or shared events.  How come these teams are able to take these interruptions better than Newport?

I don't doubt the man's commitment but unfortunately it's not showing in the end product.  This is evidenced by the dirty stadium, poor crowds and uncompetitive teams fielded in the recent past.

Besides, what makes you think that the other, better promoters in speedway put in any less time, effort or money into their job than Newport's promoter does to his?

Genuine question - Is speedway the Newport promoter's sole business interest?  If so what does he do for income during the winter?

Because the people at the Isle of Wight are professionals who have in my opinion done a very good job in bringing speedway to a new area.  Their stadium is a pleasant, tidy place and a friendly atmosphere always prevails.  Newport, regrettably, is none of these things.

Graham.

So what has T Stone done to you have you ever spoke to the man or are you just going on hay say of other people so you just slang his club off :angry:

So what has T Stone done to you have you ever spoke to the man or are you just going on hay say of other people so you just slang his club off
Go into my profile and browse my previous posts. There are a lot of valid arguments in there and if you read them you'll understand why I feel the way I do.

And yes I have spoken to the promoter in question.

Graham.

Keep checking the Somerset Rebels site for information re: Coaches to Cardiff, it should be announced very soon.

Check out the Events page on the Rebels Website, contact details now posted.

all the talk of where and why the venue is there, how about talk on who is going to win it? myelf not just backing my team i can see holder and gathercole doing well if the new boy lives up to expectation, try and challenge them haha