British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Can You Manage The Speedway Museum?

Slightly sticky situation, but this is it briefly:

Last week everyone in the company was given a 3% raise (just an annual thing). I've been here going on two years now and not had a "proper" raise, despite improving immensely, taking on more responsibility and coming through my probationary period and appraisal with flying colours. So I thought it was reasonable to ask for a raise, which I did and they said no. That's fair enough, and although I think their reasons are rubbish, I accept it.

My immediate boss then emailed me and asked if everything had been explained properly. I replied saying yes thank you, but I explained that I wasn't happy with the decision and I would be keeping half an eye open for a new job as I knew there were other jobs out there with a higher salary.

Following this I "stumbled" across something where my boss had told her boss about the email I had sent back and she had said "this just shows her immaturity and arrogance". That's fine if that's her opinion, but how dare she tell my superior this behind my back, while she continues to act nice as pie to my face!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm not immature or arrogant, I think she simply took my email the wrong way, and if she'd spoken to me rather than gone behind my back I could've explained this. I hate two-faced people who don't have the guts to say something to your face, it's not like I'm gonna bite if she'd have approached me rather than taking this route.

So now I know what she thinks it's a very uncomfortable working environment and I want to get out ASAP.

Hope that explains everything!

Slightly sticky situation, but this is it briefly:

Last week everyone in the company was given a 3% raise (just an annual thing). I've been here going on two years now and not had a "proper" raise, despite improving immensely, taking on more responsibility and coming through my probationary period and appraisal with flying colours. So I thought it was reasonable to ask for a raise, which I did and they said no. That's fair enough, and although I think their reasons are rubbish, I accept it.

My immediate boss then emailed me and asked if everything had been explained properly. I replied saying yes thank you, but I explained that I wasn't happy with the decision and I would be keeping half an eye open for a new job as I knew there were other jobs out there with a higher salary.

Following this I "stumbled" across something where my boss had told her boss about the email I had sent back and she had said "this just shows her immaturity and arrogance". That's fine if that's her opinion, but how dare she tell my superior this behind my back, while she continues to act nice as pie to my face!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm not immature or arrogant, I think she simply took my email the wrong way, and if she'd spoken to me rather than gone behind my back I could've explained this. I hate two-faced people who don't have the guts to say something to your face, it's not like I'm gonna bite if she'd have approached me rather than taking this route.

So now I know what she thinks it's a very uncomfortable working environment and I want to get out ASAP.

Hope that explains everything!

normal company then!