British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dtc

British Riders Development League

This year hull had a good idea, teams of 4 (mainly) british lads in 7 heat meetings second half.

I Think next year ALL tracks should have such a team, including stand alone CL teams.

They can be done at a local leval ie Newport, Swindon reading and Somerset one Group etc and could be done on the same day as the main between meeting those teams.

The teams would consist of at least one junior rider and the maximum of one PL reserve (who is riding in CL). and ALL riders must be british, or elagable to ride for the GB team. Also posably at least one "local" person, to ensure development of local lads (and lasses)

The reason this needs to be done is there is very little junior racing that is competative, they ride the same with people each time, and can learn little from that.

Quite true dtc, it does need to be done.

I mentioned this idea to our own management a while back, but to try and squeeze a mini meeting in after the main event is a big problem at Plough Lane, because of our 10pm curfew.

The curfew is evident at many tracks these days, so really only weekend Clubs would stand a good chance of this getting off the ground.

Just imagine the London Development League, with the likes of West Ham, Hackney, Crayford etc riding again!

Guest bluerider87

Edinburgh have been doing these mini-meetings for the last year.not after every meeting but occationally.they do them mostly against workingon and did one at edinburgh last friday(18/07/03).

The curfew can't be that big a problem because edinburgh have a curfew but still get the mini-meetings done.

Mini-meeting's are a good idea though cause it gives those not ready for conference or those just beginning conference more experince of racing and helps build up they're confidence.

We always get the 6 heat second half match completed, there is even 5 or 10 mins free practice after that before the 10 pm curfew.

How about bringing back the Scottish Junior League (This makes me sound really old, but I'm not) at Edinburgh, Glasgow and Berwick? Or add Newcastle, Hull, Workington, Sheffield and maybe even Belle Vue :lol: and make it a Northern Junior League.

(unless this competition already exists....)