British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AdamLoweSpeedway

A Question for You LIONS fans

Me too Lt .. and I know it .. it goes dum de dum de dum te dum, te dum, te dum tee tee

I think that's the one they always used at Coventry.

I reckon it's Liontamer's one - altogether now......

Rrum Dum Dum Dum Duu D D Dum, Rrum dum dum dum Duu D D Dum, D D Dum Dum Dum Dum......:D

I don't know whether you are making this worse or better Sir L! :lol:

You've certainly given me a laugh though imagining the track staff marching out to some of these tunes. They used to have a job keeping in step as it was so it would have been amusing seeing their efforts to keep in time with some of these!

Anyway, I will probably come back to them again tonight and play a few more because there's damn all on the tele. :P

Incidentally I didn't know Wolverine had his very own signature tune named after him. (aka Wolfcrazy on here.) :twisted:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I found more sites if you want Gemini !!!!

I wonder where Adam (who started this topic) has got to ? Perhaps he's laughing so much he can't type.

Well I have emailed him letting him know what havoc he has caused and if he ever finds out what the music is to please let us know! :lol:

Hell's teeth, it's driving me mad now because I know the tune so well, but I can't think what it's called. :-(

Me too Lt .. and I know it .. it goes dum de dum de dum te dum, te dum, te dum tee tee

Nope that sounds like radio 4's The Archers too me :):D

1. My old Master System, thats a computer for you relaly young people and it's a cross betwen a Playstatsion and an attari or amega for you really old people!

Afraid it's the Atari for me then being one of the really old people.

I've still got one too and loads of games. Can't beat the old Space Invaders, Q Bert and Keystone Kapers etc. :D

You're right Bee that tune does sound like The Archers. :lol:

Nope that sounds like radio 4's The Archers too me :):D

Well that's solved Long Eaton's tune, now back to Leicester. :)

:lol: ..Brain working well today Norbold!

Very witty! :approve:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I finally asked my dad !!

He suggested "Post Horn Gallop" and said at nearly 80 his memory was good and he remembered the tune but he couldn't remember whether it was the march out tune for Leicester City FC or the speedway !!!

Thought I'd throw it in for what it's worth. It can be heard here http://www.bath.ac.uk/~cessrcd/links.htm which sure enough is a Leicester City FC related website !!!

Does my dad get the million quid if he's right ?

(Hope he does, I'm in the will)

Does my dad get the million quid if he's right ?

Hard luck - he's not right. :D

More likely Leicester City Football team's signature tune. I don't really know because I've only ever been once about 40 years ago, but they are called The Foxes so it would be appropriate.

They might have played it at the beginning of the Hunters meetings of course, but I don't remember it being the marching out tune in the 60's.

Back to the drawing board again then. :-(

Guest bluesboyfil
:oops: Hello everybody. i'm phil. I was on the forum last year for a little while but just got to busy. I would like to thank LT for the video he gave to me last year(speedway) as this is the first time i have had to get on the forum. This tune the Lions walked out to was it something by Souza, I don;t know... Thanks Fil

Hi Phil (# Name Removed # was it?) Welcome back and I hope you can stick around this time.

If you want to send Lt a personal message of thanks you can via his email address on the forum - just click on the email bit on his post on page one and Bob's your uncle. Better be pretty smartish though because I think he is going on holiday soon. Typical of him to leave us in the lurch, humming different marching tunes while he clears off to a sunny country somewhere. :P

Guest bluesboyfil

Hi Gemini Thanks for your welcome. ( it's Crouch,) but what's an er between friend's. I'm on holiday at the moment, just look out of your window to see our lovely british weather, great enit... Are you involved in the leicester supporters club. And what is the name of that march.... Thanks Fil :)

.. and I know it .. it goes dum de dum de dum te dum, te dum, te dum tee tee

I think that's the one they always used at Coventry.

I reckon it's Liontamer's one - altogether now......

Rrum Dum Dum Dum Duu D D Dum, Rrum dum dum dum Duu D D Dum, D D Dum Dum Dum Dum......:D

no no no!!!!

it all sounds ok..but you are missing the DIDDLE'S!!

ALL the old march out musics had diddles in them...

diddle dum diddle dum diddle dum dum dum, and try adding some diddlies too....are you getting this???

sorry am i getting in the way????