British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AdamLoweSpeedway

A Question for You LIONS fans

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Back to the drawing board again then.  :-(

Update

Had a later ring from my dad and after putting down the phone to me the first time he said he had a think and he was sure the Post Horn Gallop was the Leicester City FC tune. For try number .... (what try was I up to ?) he said try Anchors Away (Aweigh)

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/tradit...ic/anchor1.html

If that's not it I give up !!!

try Anchors Away (Aweigh)

Is this because of Leicester's close proximity to the sea?

Hi Gemini Thanks for your welcome. ( it's Crouch,) but what's an er between friend's.

Oh. Well....close enough! That was pretty good for me because I find it hard to remember anything with the limited amount of brain cells I've got left. :D

No, I'm not involved with the Supporters Club. I'm one of those strange quiet, shy people who doesn't really like social events.

I never used to like going to my own parties when I was a child and I've not really changed much. :P

Hi All,

Thanks for your response and don't worry, it's not just you guys thats getting annoyed with this tune, most of Leicester is with you!!

We have been told that it is called "The North March" but at the minute we are having difficulties in finding it.

Hi Adam and thanks very much for coming back as we are all getting increasingly frustrated on here. :P

Never heard of The North March, but perhaps Sir L will be able to help as he seems able to find an endless list of tunes. :D

Please let us know on here if you find out.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Gees the things I do for you Gemini !!

I couldn't find "The North March" but I could find something called "Cock o' The North March" , that might be it ?

Here's one site with it on

http://www.diggerhistory.info/sound/sample...7rar-sample.wav

(and if that isn't it I'll just keep on humming it and sod the title)

Fantastic thread had me laughing all the way with your comments, well done Sir Lunchy, Gemini, LT and all the other contributors :lol:

Glad you are enjoying it Shazzy. I don't think we are! :roll:

Can't believe it's that one Sir L. Perhaps for Glasgow or Edinburgh but not for us Sassenachs.

Enjoyed the music though and again my imagination has run riot visualizing the track staff marching - more like hop, skip and jumping - out to that. :lol:

Come on eveyone, the suspense is killing :lol:

Personally, I think it could have been Wheels as mentioned at the begining.

This was a cha-cha cha, doo doo do do dodo do dodo do cha cha cha!

Guest Sir Lunchalot

On thinking back Wheels wasn't the "marching out music" .. it might have been the track grading or interval music though.

What's killng me is how people "post and run" on this thread and leave me in suspense !! (where are you Liontamer, I need to know if any of those tunes ring a bell !!)

LT is on holiday at the moment Sir L., but it's only for a week so I'm sure he will be on here as soon as he gets back.

Bet he's been lying on the beach humming tunes and driving his wife mad! :lol:

At long last you will all be pleased to know that we think we have found the march tune. It is called Imperial Echoes. It will be appearing on the Leicester Speedway website very soon. (www.leicester-speedway.co.uk)

Sorry for the stress and fustration caused!!!!

Do I get the prize then as I suggested that earlier on? ;)

................................................................................

"Imperial Echoes rings a bell. Can you hum that LT?

Who was it that started this damn topic off? It's driving me mad now!" :P

................................................................................

Thanks for letting us know Andy.

Did your Dad tell you I met him for the first time at Peterborough last Wednesday? I did tell him to give you a slap from me and all the other contributors to this topic. :lol:

"Imperial Echoes rings a bell. Can you hum that LT?

I'll give it a go Gem, ready? (Join in if you want to):

Hm hm hm hm hmmmm hm hm hm, hm hm hm hm hmmmm hm hm hm , hm hm hm hm hm hm hmmmm hm hm hmmmmmmm (sorry, that was a bit high), hm hm hmm hmm hmm hm hm hmm hmm hmm hm hm (big finish), hm. (I thank you).

(Pavarotti smilie)