British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

Which NVQ are you going for , Shaz?

Map reading - she's got a real talent for that. :wink:

Certainly have we hit a traffic hotspot and I'll find an alternative route :wink:

Can't remember who i was speaking to before,but have found the pictures of G.Reardon if they still want one.Even a few of J.Hoskins

Edited by iris123

Steve Hone and Shazzybird,:oops: sorry about that! I have changed the spelling and Barney (not Barbey) can be himself again.

I really need to clean the keys on the laptop! :P

sparked a real conversation here now as to who the mystery rider is  :unsure:

I reckon it's Roger Abel.

The race jacket is the one worn in 1978 and '79.

Whoever he is, he's standing behind Barney in Pic 2 as well.

From the leathers I thought it was the same rider as in the crash sequence getting sandwiched between Laurie Etheridge and Richard Davey? Someone informed me Pic 4 is Brendon Shilletto and the crash sequence is Steve Koppe? The other rider in pic 1 is Eric Dugard of Eastbourne.

Great pics of Barney Kennett eh?

Edited by Brian L

I managed to programe a wee bit of spare time at work today, I took my laptop in with me (on the off chance) and have put the new piccys on the web site at last. My manager thought I was very busy and kept out of my way all day :wink: .

New pics have a couple of unknown riders, any answers to their identity appreciated. Crusaders Web Site

I will try my best to keep the site updated as much as poss. Any offers of help etc would be much appreciated.

pic one definitely eric dugard chasing and pic 4 new zealander roger abel of eastbourne on outside

Action footage from Kings mead v Italy will be on Days Gone By Vol. 7 (Vol.s 5 & 6 will be released in the next week) see backtracking mag for details. :)

Names of riders added to relevant pictures. Thanks all. :)

Can someone help please .............

The riders used to walk out to a certain tune and I'm trying to think of it any ideas anyone????????

Can someone help please .............

The riders used to walk out to a certain tune and I'm trying to think of it any ideas anyone????????

Don't know what it's called but I can Hum it! :D

Someone did post the answer to that on here ages ago Shazz, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I do know I was suprised by who did it though but forgotten that too now - someone out there knows - please put us out of our misery. :wink:

March of the "Somethingorother" but I can't think and as my parents as in NZ at the moment, I have to wait til Dad phones to ask him and then I end up telling him everything else and forgetting that bit! :cry:

It's really beginning to bug me now though, Jef like you I can hum it but thats all I can remember :wink::lol:

If there are any ex-Crusaders that read this forum could you please contact either me or Tom Thumb a.s.a.p. please

We are planning a Crusaders re-union for the 24th April 2005 at Sittingbourne (Iwade to us oldies) and would love to invite as many ex-riders as possible to come along.

So if there are any ex-riders on here or family members or friends of Ex-Crusaders could you please pass on my message.

Many thanks

We hope to see as many of the Crusaders fans as possible that day, meeting up with all the old riders and fans again will bring back a lot of happy memories for everyone hopefully xx