British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

Maybe this is a bad idea, worth a try though :P

www.canterburycrusaders.co.uk

No, a good idea I think .

How come that Steve Gibson doesn't post on here anymore.

And some time since Barney and your uncle Ted have been on.

Spoke to Barney the other day he comes in the forum and has a look every now and then, Gibbo not spoke to him since the first Sittingbourne meeting Honey might be able to tell us more on him (if we can find Honey that is). Don't think this be a popular thread like the first.

When I went to Sittingbourne with Dad and Uncle Ted and saw Graham Arnold for the first time in donkeys years, it took me a while to place him @ Canterbury this is going to sound really weird but he has got more hair now than he had back there, Barneys mechanic Barry has not changed one bit he's not aged at all, if the truths known Barney hasn't changed either just probably a bit more mellow. Kev Howland awwwww he's always been nice, doing very well with his shooting, sure one of my friends who shoots with him said they are both in the top 10 of UK.

Can anyone remember the name of the guy who used to go round with the wooden board selling badges and photos?

He used to let me have a picture of Uncle Ted every week :)

Just waiting for my regular email from Raven with the answer to this one Kevvie :P

I thought I would give Honey the chance to get back from Sittingbourne to reveal the answer to your question Kev seeing as he can't be bothered I will :P

Big Ron was the name of our photo man @ Kingsmead

I seem to recall Canterbury beating Birmingham at the wheels one year (of the two we existed there), a certain Dave Mullet springs to mind as well.

Big Ron was the name of our photo man @ Kingsmead

Yeah, that's right Shazz - I remember now - A really nice guy - He went out of his way to get me a Newport badge many years ago. :approve:

I seem to recall Canterbury beating Birmingham at the wheels one year (of the two we existed there), a certain Dave Mullet springs to mind as well.

That would have been 1986 Deano and Rob Tilbury and Mike Spink were also in the team.

Hang on, 1986, were you riding too that night Honey?

Nice site Shazzy.

Chris Raines from the 1968 team works for an office equipment company near Ashford. He tries to sell me a photocopier every now and again!

Nice site Shazzy.

Oops :oops: the Canterbury Site is not my doings (although I am on the front page :) ) This is the work of our very own Sidecar 121, I'm sure he will be glad to hear that everyone likes his website. The 3rd time lucky bit refers to this being the 3rd Canterbury thread I have started :P

Oops  :oops:  the Canterbury Site is not my doings (although I am on the front page  :) )  This is the work of our very own Sidecar 121, I'm sure he will be glad to hear that everyone likes his website.

Hebbs, glad you like the site, thanks for the compliments.:oops:

If anybody has any Crusaders pictures, items or information etc, that could benefit the site. I would be pleased to hear from you. I can be contacted via e-mail or through the web site.

well i brought a cd of pics to Iwade on sunday but you weren't bloody there :roll:

well i brought a cd of pics to Iwade on sunday but you weren't bloody there  :roll:

Oops, would "sorry" do for an answer? :shock:

I took Janet (the Pit Pony) away for a "dirty" weekend at the sidecar supercup at Kings Lynn. Perhaps you could stick it in the post? :?

can one of the Crusaders fans out there please help?

i rode at Peterborough in either 86 or 87 in a cup match i think and we got well and truly turned over.

the weather was absolutely terrible and a couple of the riders were refusing to ride (Paul Evitts, Nobby) so i think i had 5 rides.

i can't find any records and friends have mine have given me details of all the matches i rode in but this wasn't included.

does anyone remember it and have details?