British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

Might be easier if we got Kev to print every meeting you were ever in (ya vain git! :P ) and why have you not got a copy of your meeting programmes Steve.......... :P Only asking ya little toad :!: :lol:

no sorry Kev... that's not the one.

in 1986 they run a big tourny for juniors and called it the Junior Grand Prix.

:roll: Bloody hell Steve - SURELY this is it then?

24th May 1986 @ Canterbury

Jay Pleece 15

Gary Hopkins 11

Paul Hilton 11

Honey Hone 11

Steve Chambers 11

Tony Mattingley 11

Paul Vance 11

Jimmy Goodsell 9

Lee Paine 9

Andy Steward 5

Martin Phillips 4

Alan Theobald 2

Dave Fletcher 0

Tony Hansford 0

Kevin Pitts 0

Gary Tutton 0

Ian Cox (res) 6

David Mears (res) 0

Might be easier if we got Kev to print every meeting you were ever in (ya vain git! ) and why have you not got a copy of your meeting programmes Steve.......... Only asking ya little toad

lmao

Jimmy Goodsell. I remember him well...

Jimmy went on to be a passenger for Bill Beecham on grass. I recall him getting upset many times when his "pristine condition" white leathers got dirty. :shock:

that's the one Kevin...knew i could rely on you!! ;)

11 points... i thought it was 10! as i didn't finish one race.

don't suppose anyone has a spare program lurking do they....?

in reply to Shazz.... i haven't a clue what i done really...never thought of keeping progs.. got the one from the Junior League Riders Championship at Milton Keynes and my NL debut at Berwick, but thats it really :-(

i was after dates to see if Re-Run were filming back then...

it also keeps the Crusaders thread at the top..

I'm not sure if it was Re-Run Steve, but someone definately did videos in the last couple of years @ Kingsmead.

yeah it was re-run... steve that owns re-run lives in canterbury and started his filming at kingsmead...

i'll give him a call....

thanks

I'm not sure if it was Re-Run Steve, but someone definately did videos in the last couple of years @ Kingsmead.

LMAO if it wasn't Re-Run maybe it was one of our Riders, did just about everything else :P Sorry wicked sense of humour ;-) if you know what I mean :lol:

Please excuse my ignorance but what is on the canterbury site now and why was the speedway stopped, is there no chance of it re opening?? also anybody know what kevin brice is upto these days, i had the pleasure of being a mechanic in briceys arena essex years and have got to say he is one of the nicest blokes ive ever met

cheers

rami

anybody know what kevin brice is upto these days, i had the pleasure of being a mechanic in briceys arena essex years and have got to say he is one of the nicest blokes ive ever met

cheers

rami

Didn't someone say that he's re-married and moved to Newcastle?

Was @ Rhodes Minnis on Sunday, met up with Raven who had bought along some of his old scrap books for Sidecar121. Well........me being nosy just had to have a look, the memories came flooding back of years ago, Pictures of Barney, Uncle Ted, Graham Miles, Graham Banks, Dave & Martyn Piddock, Merv Salt my god so many faces from the past some happy memories in the books. Got a bit choked at seeing some of the clippings but then that's me bladder to close to my eyes :oops: Hopefully it wont be too long before some of the footage will be added to the Canterbury website by Sidecar.

Rami I'm think Raven said that Kevin Brice is in Middlesborough will have to ask him again, was talking about so much I can't really remember all of what was said! :oops:

Hopefully it wont be too long before some of the footage will be added to the Canterbury website by Sidecar.

I'm working on but, I'm having a few probs with my scanner. I've tried hitting it, this gets it going for a few mins it then makes a few grunting noises :shock: and stops again. Technology :roll: Bah!!!

I'll do a re-install of the drivers and see if that helps. In the meantime please be patient...

Just had another look at the site getting loads on there now. Thanks for putting me on your map, modern technology not got to me yet! :lol:

Have any Crusaders' fans out there got a complete list of scorers (match by match) from the good ole days that they would be prepared to share?