British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Next Promoters meeting - "Cards on the table"

Reading an article in the Rye House section of the speedway star it say's the next meeting is the first week of August.

So keep any ideas or thoughts coming on the relevant or new topics.

The next promoters meeting is only a week.

I am surprised there is so little discussion in this new section 'The Way Ahead'

Many of us are the first to complain about the promoters but so few are willing to suggest possible solutions.

The next promoters meeting is only a week. Many of us are the first to complain about the promoters but so few are willing to suggest possible solutions.

The Premier League is running well as many have said before. The so called "Elite" League should become less elite and get rid of the GP riders with their heavy pay demands. I would be sorry to lose Mark Loram but I cannot see the EL continuing without big cuts in costs. If Ipswich move into the PL next year the league will consist of 7 teams.

The GP riders could be put together as a travelling show and hired out for one off meetings at tracks that could afford them.

Now I expect a hail of bullets ! :lol:

The next promoters meeting is only a week.

I am surprised there is so little discussion in this new section 'The Way Ahead'

Many of us are the first to complain about the promoters but so few are willing to suggest possible solutions.

Phil,

Can I suggest a 'Sticky' in the same vain in each of the other forums to tell 'em we're here?

Perhaps they haven't really noticed the section yet.

It's soooooooo difficult for us fans to suggest stuff when we don't know the finances. We can only say what we would like to see.

I hope that the leagues are disbanded completely and new leagues put into place. There aren't enough teams that want to compete in an Elite League so it has to be 1st and 2nd division. How they can include the GP boys I do not know because PL clubs put the GP riders down as one of their main reasons not to join the EL. Maybe they would agree to 1 per team if wanted?

I am concerned that the PL promotors want nothing to do with EL promotors so won't play ball at all, if they can't work together, gord knows what's going to happen! Such bad history (it seems) between the two cannot be forgotten, this happens in many walks of life. Let's hope they can wipe the slates clean SOMEHOW and come up with a new set up they will all be happy with!!!!! We live in much hope!! Us fans are helpless really, our sport is in the hands of these guys, it's up to them to sort it out for us, they owe us that!!!!!

One of the most important criteria for fans is to have a reliable regular fixture list for each team, it's not too much to ask is it?

Let's hope they can wipe the slates clean SOMEHOW and come up with a new set up they will all be happy with!!!!! We live in much hope!!

Words of wisdom :approve: Trees

Bring Back...... British & National Leagues, one off World Finals, BLRC & NLRC (oh and Canterbury Speedway please :cry: )

Those were the days, wonder if they will ever return :?:

Personally i'm too naffed off with the constant stupid rule changing to even bother!!

Personally i'm too naffed off with the constant stupid rule changing to even bother!!

Me too Frigbo :roll: Not to mention the daftest of all in the BLC :x Fans from all walks want the two leagues to work together for the survival of speedway but when you have certain teams willing to shaft others then how do you expect trust to be a consideration :?: :x

Ah I see now from the title of this thread just what is is they get up to at these 'think tank' sessons. But along with the cards I'm sure they'll be playing pin the tail on the donkey for any difficult decisions.

;)

Bring Back...... British & National Leagues, one off World Finals, BLRC & NLRC (oh and Canterbury Speedway please :cry: )

Those were the days, wonder if they will ever return :?:

We can always dream :lol:

It would be nice to have some local opposition again. Seems a lifetime ago when I was making the trip to Canterbury on a Friday evening to watch a local derby match.

It would be nice to have some local opposition again. Seems a lifetime ago when I was making the trip to Canterbury on a Friday evening to watch a local derby match.

Blimey! You WERE keen going a day early! :P

It must be my age Bryn :lol: It is alright for you youngsters but I could swear it was Friday. Then again it might have been when Eagles raced on Fridays. :?

I was thinking the same there Bryn ;)

An Elite League, by definition, needs G.P. riders.

But the Elite League, in its present form, suffers too many absences, too much disruption, and has clubs who aren't viable, whilst G.P. riders are the backbone of its teams.

Ipswich, for one, have had enough, and Perrin constantly threatens to pull the plug on B.V.'s E.L. future (although he contradicted himself this year with his steak and chips statement).

The Elite League looks doomed in its present structure.

The conundrum for the promoters now is to find a blueprint for the future, which safeguards all tracks' survival, wherever possible.

Let's not look back wistfully wishing for a resurrection of the old British and National Leagues, and let's not imagine that a salary cap is workable, or that promotion and relegation can be implemented in this country.

Bold initiatives are needed to ensure that speedway in Britain has a healthy future.

I believe that we have to start by excluding G.P. riders from our league teams, and creating two viable divisions where teams can operate according to their income.

This is not to drive a wedge between Britain and the FIM/BSI, but to safeguard the continuation of a number of tracks in this country.

The BSI boys are very bright; I'm sure that they would come up with a plan to give the G.P. riders enough meetings to satisfy them, so that everyone would be happy with the outcome.

Sam.