British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marcusthepom

The Collins Boys

:lol: oh i wish the sport had another bunch of brothers as good as the collins boys.has there ever been a better bunch of brothers who have done so well in speedway.peter in 1976,les in 1982 and many other titals won by the collins boys.

THEY MUST BE THE BEST EVER BROTHERS TO RACE SPEEDWAY. B)

:lol: oh i wish the sport had another bunch of brothers as good as the collins boys.has there ever been a better bunch of brothers who have done so well in speedway.peter in 1976,les in 1982 and many other titals won by the collins boys.

THEY MUST BE THE BEST EVER BROTHERS TO RACE SPEEDWAY. B)

No comparables to the whole Collins dynasty .

what about the karlssons lol

dont come close to the collins boys there will never be a speedway family like these boys again.

would love to see a film made about the lives of all the collins boys peter.phil,les,neil and the babies of the family aidan and chris...

dont come close to the collins boys there will never be a speedway family  like these boys again.

would love to see a film made about the lives of all the collins boys peter.phil,les,neil  and the babies of the family aidan and chris...

ps. although he may not have hit the same heights, lady s, you missed out Steve, another Collins brother.

ps. although he may not have hit the same heights, lady s, you missed out Steve, another Collins brother.

oopps so i did sorry]

Not quite in the same league, but there were the Dugards of course: Charlie, Bob, John, Eric, Martin, Paul. Three generations.

Their abilities appear to have been proportional to their birth:

Peter made World Champion

Les made World no.2

Phil made a World Final

Neil made a British Final

Stephen made the tea

Their abilities appear to have been proportional to their birth:

Peter made World Champion

Les made World no.2

Phil made a World Final

Neil made a British Final

Stephen made the tea

And now Aidan, top bloke IMO.

The Karlssons and Collins both have very good styles, you can generally see they have the same blood in them by the way they ride. ATM I think Aiden is great, and well the Karlssons are my favourites so im 50/50 on this one :P

I think the difference is the Collins brothers are household names.... ask anyone who doesn't watch speedway and they have heard of them, ask them about any of the others and you get blank looks! :D

dont come close to the collins boys there will never be a speedway family  like these boys again.

would love to see a film made about the lives of all the collins boys peter.phil,les,neil  and the babies of the family aidan and chris...

There is a 90 minute video called The Collins Boys. Made quite a few years ago by Roy Nicol. Very good video with lots of old footage of them as kids and growing up in speedway with modern day interviews.

Not sure if its still available or not try ringing Roy Nicol on 0161 220 7278.

If its not available I could copy it onto a dvd for you.

Good ol' Steve Collins. He had a career average of 1.31 with Cradley. :approve::lol:

(stats on the Cradley website)

What about Andy and Alan Grahame? Must be worth a mention. Especially in these parts. :approve:

Couldn't agree more.

Peter was simply the GREATEST rider in history and I doubt will ever be surpassed.

Les was the rider I think the expression, "he was worth the admission money alone" was invented for.

My favourite Phil story was in Norden for the '83 World Final when me and my mate palled up with some Swedes and one said that he loved his records..!!! :D

And up to date..: Aidan last night at Birmingham was absolutely superb and lived up to his Dad's reputation as the ultimate crowd pleaser.

Wouldn't it be just the best if young Aidan could end up a World Champ..!!??