British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
full-throttle

World Championship Odds

If Mikael Max is 25/1 then I think I may have a fiver on him to win and I don't usually bet. :D Anyone tell me how and where to do this please?

If Mikael Max is 25/1 then I think I may have a fiver on him to win and I don't usually bet. :D Anyone tell me how and where to do this please?

beegee, go into any William Hill bookies and just give the person behind the counter £5, and tell them you want it all on M Max to win the Speedway GP outright,

If it happens you get back £130, (but I think Hills are safe) :lol:

beegee, go into any William Hill bookies and just give the person behind the counter £5, and tell them you want it all on M Max to win the Speedway GP outright,

I think you are being a tiny bit harsh here but maybe I will bet each way :P do I stand a chance do you think? how much for a £5 bet if he get 2nd ir 3rd? :) I have to find a William Hill bookies first don't think they have one in Telford! Can I bet by phone or on the internet?

I would bet on Greg Hancock but I'm not really a betting person but if he wins I am going to kick myself again :-( I remember sitting in the Millennium stadium last year thinking I should have put money on Ryan winning (this was before heat 1) and look what happened :shock:

beegee - yes you can bet online with william hill. i have used them but always go into my local in wolverhampton so i can't vouch for their online service.

joanne - i forgot to put my bet on ryan on the friday here in wolverhampton. at the last minute wandering around cardiff i decided to pop into coral and put the bet on. always worth taking a chance :P

i also had a bet on scott in aussie GP. OH for his bike to be 2 foot longer. :-(

I think you are being a tiny bit harsh here but maybe I will bet each way :P do I stand a chance do you think? how much for a £5 bet if he get 2nd ir 3rd? :) I have to find a William Hill bookies first don't think they have one in Telford! Can I bet by phone or on the internet?

betting on the internet requires you to open an account, if you are not a betting person I would rule this out, also I think the same applies to telephone betting. If there is no W Hills in Telford try another bookie, perhaps Ladbrokes, Stanley Racing although I am not sure if they accept Speedway bets, but until you ask you wont know any different,

Alternatively, meet me at Wolves on 24th and give ne the £5 and i will place the bet for you, (then if the bet does come in I can send you a cheque to cover your winnings)

If you bet £5 each way that costs £10, but if you only want £5 in total the bet would be £2.50 each way, I think the return for a place is 1/4 the odds, if that is so then you would be loking at 7x£2.50 approximately

If you bet £5 each way that costs £10, but if you only want £5 in total the bet would be £2.50 each way, I think the return for a place is 1/4 the odds, if that is so then you would be loking at 7x£2.50 approximately

Thats right FT. A winning each way bet pays a quater of the odds :)

Thanks for all the imformation everyone £17-50 for £5 sounds ok to me, didn't want to win a fortune anyway. I have picked the winners of the Elite league before the season started for 3 years now so maybe if I have a bet on Mikael it will be 'his' year for the gp :D:P I know Ladbrooks didn't take bets a couple of years ago but I will give them another try. I could be even richer than that if he is crowned world champion. :P

As usual the bookies are right. Tony R is rightly a hot favourite. And whilst the odds on the likes of Karlsson, Loram, Adams seem tempting now, just wait until we're about 3 GPs down the line.

13/8 is not great odds though and if I was betting I'd go for Sullivan at 6/1.

If you want to bet why not back your rider for each GP. Say for instance you want to back Michael Max. Back him to win each GP as they come. If or when he wins a GP you can use your winning to make a larger stake on the outcome of the final. Say for instance you bet £5 every GP and get the winner once, it's better than betting at the start only to have your rider injured and not to have a chance to collect at the end of the series. As for Tony his odds are good,but you have to think of injuries, i hope he stays fit all season 13/8 seems pretty mean to me. If you back him for each round, i would think that he would win a round or two, so would it not be sense to up your stake and take each round as it comes. Last year i backed Andres Jonsson each round at £2 and his odds plummeted from 66/1 at the start to 14/1. Ok he was unlucky and didn't win a round but i had fun knowing that at any time he was capable of winning. I backed Greg Hancock the year before at 16/1 £2 to win it was my first speedweay bet and he won the GP for me. Use your knowledge to beat the bookies, if a rider is using a new engine and he is flying, or if it's a track that he does well on, or if he gets a wild card and is riding for his country, these are things to look for. Just a thought from a gambler.

I think that's a wise policy SJW. Individual GP bets can be more lucrative. I think I'm right in saying that even if you had been conservative and placed money on TR and RS at every GP last year, you would have shown a decent profit.

The horses for course policy is also smart. I think Gollob was about 8/1 before the Polish GP last year - that's got to be one of the best bets ever.