British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Speedway Museum Preview Dinner

The Preview Dinner was held last night. Against all the odds the Museum was open and ready for viewing. We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to George and Linda Barclay for the amount of work they have put in making our dream a reality. There are many others who have helped of course, but without these two and the generosity of Pete Sampson in allocating land and helping to build the actual structure it never would have happened.

Any way Here are some photos of the Museum and the dinner.

Edited by norbold

Here are some photos of the Museum and the dinner.

I see in the pic of you with George and Michael Lee you're STILL talking norbold..??!! ;)

I understand from my lip-reading skills that you're asking, "Can that other Barclay geezer give me a lift here next time he comes..?"

Will be there Monday and understand that there are several things called traffic lights on the journey..??!"! :blink::D:D

See you there then, Derek. But I have my own car this time thank you, so I will not require a lift... :D

The Preview Dinner was held last night. Against all the odds the Museum was open and ready for viewing. We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to George and Linda Barclay for the amount of work they have put in making our dream a reality. There are many others who have helped of course, but without these two and the generosity of Pete Sampson in allocating land and helping to build the actual structure it never would have happened.

Any way Here are some photos of the Museum and the dinner.

Well said Norbold, George & Linda have dedicated their lives to this Museum over the last 2 years or so. Thanks also to Peter who has given his space and a whole lot more to the project and all those who have donated or loaned bikes, leathers, bodycolours etc. I am certain many people will visit once it is officially open and be encouraged to donate more items... there's no point in keeping it in a box in your loft where nobody can see it!

Edited by Brian L

Hertfordshire.

Its a bit far for a day trip for me. I will have to wait now til season 2008 then do the museum and a couple of matches.

Well done everyone concerned

Edited by dantodan