British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Dave Jessup In Next Issue

Dave Jessup has agreed to be our 'Main Man' in issue 20, so does anyone have any specific and interesting questions they would like me to put to DJ, besides the obvious?

As well as the cruel luck he experienced in Wembley World Finals, we'll also be looking back over his long and illustrious career for club and country, including his spells with...

Eastbourne

Wembley

Leicester

Reading

King's Lynn

Wimbledon

Mildenhall

Perhaps because he wasn't as spectacular as PC, as headline-grabbing as Mike Lee or as aggressive as Kenny Carter, Dave's class tended to be underestimated by some? He was certainly superbly consistent for his clubs and England and one of the country's all-time greats.

Can anyone really remember him getting out of shape or in trouble on the track? He always looked so neat, compact and steady, didn't he?

And, of course, his brilliant passing manouevre to win THAT race in the 1974 WTC final at Katowice still rates as one of the greatest televised speedway races of all-time.

Thanks for your input....

Tony Mac

Edited by tmc

Dave Jessup has agreed to be our 'Main Man' in issue 20, so does anyone have any specific and interesting questions they would like me to put to DJ, besides the obvious?

As well as the cruel luck he experienced in Wembley World Finals, we'll also be looking back over his long and illustrious career for club and country, including his spells with...

Eastbourne

Wembley

Leicester

Reading

King's Lynn

Wimbledon

Mildenhall

Perhaps because he wasn't as spectacular as PC, as headline-grabbing as Mike Lee or as aggressive as Kenny Carter, Dave's class tended to be underestimated by some? He was certainly superbly consistent for his clubs and England and one of the country's all-time greats.

Can anyone really remember him getting out of shape or in trouble on the track? He always looked so neat, compact and steady, didn't he?

And, of course, his brilliant passing manouevre to win THAT race in the 1974 WTC final at Katowice still rates as one of the greatest televised speedway races of all-time.

Thanks for your input....

Tony Mac

Really looking forward to this issue, DJ was a favourite of mine, love to know what his favourite track and least favourite tracks were.

Do we have any information Tony on what else will be in the mag.

Edited by spin king

Whats the largest size boots and steel shoe he sells? Can you ask him that please :rolleyes::wink:

Whats the largest size boots and steel shoe he sells?  Can you ask him that please  :rolleyes:  :wink:

Hidden meaning I think Shazzy.

Really looking forward to this issue, DJ was a favourite of mine, love to know what his favourite track and least favourite tracks were.

Do  we have any information Tony on what else will be in the mag.

I'd have money on the County Ground being up amongst his least favourite venues!

Looking forward to this article as my grandfather used to sponsor him and spent a lot of time with DJ at speedway tracks and also on the golf course sharing one of Dave's other sporting interests.

Can remember him in his time at Wimbledon getting some sort of infection from an insect bite which really knocked him about. I'd like to know more about how that affected him.

Would also like to know how he got on with team mates like Lee and Simmons and how he coped with those vital World Final engine failures.

Also be interested in his views on how he was treated as GB manager and how he felt his dismissal was handled.

Hidden meaning I think Shazzy.

Not really .... my boy needs a new lot but has size 13 feet just thought it would save a phone call :lol:

Ask him why he turned up for a World Team Cup final with just one bike.

Can you also ask him why he decided to test a new engine in a KO Cup final for Reading against Kings Lynn, which ultimately cost the Racers the cup?

whats your favourite playing surface grass or clay also

how dos he view modern speedway startline girls to the dolly birds of the 70s

How did he get along with Cyril Crane ? The suggestion is they didn't see eye to eye especially over money !

How did he get along with Cyril Crane ? The suggestion is they didn't see eye to eye especially over money !

did anyone ? the guys a total wesdc0tw9rif9e7ee7dhgxvbcxf!!!!!

I remember Dave Jessup having a column in Speedway Star called DJ requests, when you asked a mind-boggling speedway question and he would answer it.

Does anyone else remember that?

I remember Dave Jessup having a column in Speedway Star called DJ requests, when you asked a mind-boggling speedway question and he would answer it.

Does anyone else remember that?

Yes I do, I rememeber one person asked if John Davis was a bottle blonde or a natural blonde.