British Speedway Forum
Guest bluesboyfil

what song reminds you of speedway

Guest bluesboyfil

Hi everybody. the song that reminds me of speedway is My Cherie Amor by Stevie Wonder. What yours Thanks Fil 8)

Guest scream

hello idont know wat song reminds me of speedway if i find 1 i will let u know

Guest bluesboyfil

Ok Scream, why don't you put the gray matter into gear GO........... :lol:

Guest bluesboyfil
:oops: Sorry what acrap thread. This must have been done before. Sorry :oops: .... Thanks Fil

Motor Biking by Chris Spedding, because I remember a tv programme featuring Michael Lee and they played it while showing him riding round the track.

'When the Red Red Robin goes bob bob bobbing along' will, naturally, remind me of the good old days at Swindon speedway and in particular (for reasons I do not know) Norman Hunter on parade.

If I ever hear the hard house version of 'Eye of the Tiger' anywhere other than at Sheffield speedway it will instantly remind me of Owlerton, but I've yet to hear it anywhere else as yet!

From my childhood - Congratulations as the riders were paraded around on the tractor @ Kingsmead

Modern day - Who let the dogs out & Hey baby from Cardiff.

Red Light Spells Danger from Eastbourne.

"The Magnificent Seven" - used to be played on BVs lap of honour at Hyde Road.

"Fanfare of the Common Man" - played before tapes up at many places.

Couldn't tell you who they are by though. :?

Fanfare for the Common Man was i think written by Aaron Copeland as an American Patriot song. I know I should know who wrote the Magnificent Seven but I'm havign a mind block :roll: :clown :P

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Couldn't tell you who they are by though. :?

"Fanfare For The Common Man" was by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. The video for it was done before the days of big budget productions and was done (if I recall correctly) in the empty stadium they used for the Montreal Olympics. Fantastic setting. It wasn't the middle of summer either and you could see the vapour from their breath in the cold air and they were all rugged up and I remember thinking "how they heck to they play the instruments when its that cold".

"The Magnificent Seven" - used to be played on BVs lap of honour at Hyde Road.

OMG :oops: how on earth could I have forgotten that, it's on my phone the Hackney riders theme tune. :oops: Chris Fenn/TT I really apologise xx :oops:

'Chewy Chewy'!!!

West Ham had a deal with Bhudda records and they played their records exclusively during matches. Great songs, as well as the above, included, 'Yummy Yummy Yummy', 'Goody Goody Gumdrops', 'Quick Joey Small' and 'Simon Says' all sung by the Kassenatz Katz Singing Orchestral Circus and the individual bands that made up the 'Circus'. They were fun days at Custom House as I am sure CHK will remember.

:oops: Sorry what acrap thread. This must have been done before. Sorry :oops: .... Thanks Fil

Its a good idea for a thread bluesboyfil.. you should see some we've had to put up with! :x The Magnificent 7 was the one that came to mind by just reading the thread title. I'll try and think of some more. :)

Or the beginning of the William Tell Overture at other places. It tended to be one or the other.

My dad has just turned up and he too thinks of speedway whenever he hears the Magnificent Seven Tune

without me by Eminen, this reminds me of the 2 riders at wimbledon that like to 'go round the outside'

Also from the old days of Wimbledon Build me up buttercup was the anthem for the Pit Bend Loonies!