British Speedway Forum
chris67bug

Name Of Famous Rider Who Committed Suicide?

So Kenny Carter was not genuinely suffering?

Suffering or not, the point, to me at least, is that he committed murder.

Just as an aside, are you saying that those committing crime, murder in particular, but suffering mentally deserve sympathy?

I can think of a number of names who have committed murder whilst mentally unstable, the name of which if mentioned only cause outrage/revulsion. Would they deserve "sympathy"?

Suffering or not, the point, to me at least, is that he committed murder.

Just as an aside, are you saying that those committing crime, murder in particular, but suffering mentally deserve sympathy?

I can think of a number of names who have committed murder whilst mentally unstable, the name of which if mentioned only cause outrage/revulsion. Would they deserve "sympathy"?

I am saying that anyone suffering from a mental health disorder which precludes them from enjoying a "normal" life pattern deserves sympathy and support, yes - and it may just have been in Kenny's case that a lack of proper support over a long period, even prior to his speedway career, may have contributed to the eventuality, and no matter how dreadful that was (and I agree it was a dreadful occurence), in the event that he was so disturbed he should be accorded a level of sympathy

I am saying that anyone suffering from a mental health disorder which precludes them from enjoying a "normal" life pattern deserves sympathy and support, yes - and it may just have been in Kenny's case that a lack of proper support over a long period, even prior to his speedway career, may have contributed to the eventuality, and no matter how dreadful that was (and I agree it was a dreadful occurence), in the event that he was so disturbed he should be accorded a level of sympathy

In that case we shall have to agree to disagree.

My personal opinion is that there can be no excuse for what he did.

yrzemx.jpg

I believe this shows that there was sympathy, plus love and understanding

Hard to believe it was almost 25 years ago- Ken and Pam would now be 49 years old-hope their children are ok.

This post is so wrong.

He committed murder & orphaned two kids & no doubt caused considerable damage to other family members left behind.

Whatever he did on a bike is irrelevant. he was a murderer & deserves to be remembered as such.

You are right. In the whole history of the BSF there has never been a more ill-judged and yes, "so wrong" posting than the one by shazzybird you've picked up on.

She reduces the murder of a young woman, mother of two to what she calls "a personal matter which REALLY is none of anyones business".

I do hope even this long after posting this simply outrageous comment, shazzy will reconsider and retract such an awful and indefensible sentiment...

Go down this road and you're saying that all domestic violence is acceptable, as it's a personal issue and not the business of anyone outside the home...

Outrageous...

I personally would be happier if the name of Kenny Carter who committed such an awful crime was not mentioned again..

Parsloes - Kenny was clearly a man of many faults, who committed a terrible and indefencible act. However, he was also a hell of a speedway rider, who brought enjoyment to a lot of people (even if that consisted of booing him and hoping he got beaten!).

Whether you choose to remember him for his terrible act, or whether you prefer to remember him as an incredibly talented speedway rider who, with a bit of luck, could have been World Champion, is surely an individual choice. Neither are those two options mutually exclusive.

What this thread (and the may others there have been on Kenny) indicates is that he certainly won't be airbrushed from the history of Speedway or the memories of speedway fans.

Parsloes - Kenny was clearly a man of many faults, who committed a terrible and indefencible act. However, he was also a hell of a speedway rider, who brought enjoyment to a lot of people (even if that consisted of booing him and hoping he got beaten!).

Whether you choose to remember him for his terrible act, or whether you prefer to remember him as an incredibly talented speedway rider who, with a bit of luck, could have been World Champion, is surely an individual choice. Neither are those two options mutually exclusive.

What this thread (and the may others there have been on Kenny) indicates is that he certainly won't be airbrushed from the history of Speedway or the memories of speedway fans.

Spot on.

This post is so wrong.

He committed murder & orphaned two kids & no doubt caused considerable damage to other family members left behind.

Whatever he did on a bike is irrelevant. he was a murderer & deserves to be remembered as such.

I agree, whatever he was great at was overshadowed by what he did, Yeah he was obviously ill,very ill but the hero worship is a bit much.