British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ozyace

Australian Titles

Does anyone know any breaking news regarding the Oz titles.

It looks to be

Gold Coast Jan10?

Gosford Showground Jan17

Mildura Jan24

Cheers

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm in the dark as much as you are Ozyace. I'm keeping a regular eye out in the usual places but nothing announced as yet as far as I can see.

Wish they would, the suspense is killing me.

Is it true that MA were looking at sending Rod Coluquorn to Europe to speed up communication with some riders. Now would be a perfect time as the top Aussies are team racing, maybe confirmation will come out after the WTC are over.

It could be a case of "If you ride I'll ride"

By the way Lunchy (if i may call you that) will you be going to any rounds(no doubt). If so we will have to catch up and maybe go fishing 'for a bit of old trout' :P

Guest Sir Lunchalot
By the way Lunchy (if i may call you that) will you be going to any rounds(no doubt). If so we will have to catch up and maybe go fishing 'for a bit of old trout'

Not a problem calling me that Ozyace !! I've been called far worse that that in my lifetime.

If the titles are the three rounds as planned I was thinking of doing Gosford (defintely) and Mildura (probably). Not sure the pennies would extend to all three rounds. Depending on which old trout you mean I'm there !! I better warn you though if it's the two legged variety my best distance is "worshipping from afar" but I'm happy to voice an opinion (while partaking in some vocal lubricant of course) as to their respective merits (or otherwise) if required. :D ;-)

Okee Dokee!

The latest news is that the riders wil be e-mailed/faxed next week a form in which they will agree/disagree to the proposed 3 round series on these dates Gold Coast 10th Jan, 17th Gosford, 24th Mildura. Which i think is fantastic that it is the riders call, but poses this question how many riders (% off) will have to agree? If it falls thru then the championship will be held at Mildura on the 24th Jan.

As we all know speedway is a pretty fickle sport and anyone can have an off night (mechanically or otherwise) so i would think it would be in the best intrest of the riders to have a three round series. (nothing like leading a semi and running out of fuel as J.C. will testify :x :cry: : :evil: :-( :? )

Anyway I will try and keep things up to date on any further developments, or better still if anyone knows anymore info go for it.

At this early stage i think 'The Book' will win his 8th Aussie Title as i'm sure consisency will play a part in a 3 round series.

Lunchy - the good thing about the Mildura round is that it will be the Australia Day Long Weekend, in which case i will be celebrating our great day in earnest - as per usual. :roll: :P

As BIG KEV would say"I'M EXCITED" :D

Once a jolly swagman....... :lol:

Hows it going guys.

Ye im defenetly all for this series to happen. Its a step forward to get popularity on the up again. We have to do something as it doesnt look great at the moment. I just hope the good riders do remember where they came from and give back to the sport at home. Like Leigh does. See us younger riders need to race against the best to learn from them. When Leigh, Jason, Boycie, etc were starting they had Crumpy and all the boys to learn off. We only have Leigh and Todd.

Hope it comes off cause it will be awesome.

Ye im still in swindon at the moment with Travis Mcgowan. Cant do alot of riding as i have chipped my shoulder. Just got some movement into it last few days and hope to have a ride before I come home on the 1st of october. Hey Marty have they got lights and everything sorted at gillman yet. Should be a good season at home this year. Rabbit would have loved to ride but couldnt cause of brake.

Not too sure about the lights at Gillman, Cameron. We're there this Sunday so will have a look, but they must be close as they are running every 2 weeks this summer. Keep the 20th of Dec in mind, I am running the Bordertown Solo Championship. Am about 95% of the way there, just waiting to get the track inspected & a permit. Havent had bikes there for 20 years so should be interesting. Will catch up with you when you get back about maybe having a ride.

Hey marty what do you mean by bordertown. Do you mean Renmark. Isnt that a clay car track. ye should be very interesting. if i have nothing else i spose we could work something out. Mum(manager) and I have a big summer planned and only one weekend off so should be good.

Hope you get permit. We need more tracks.

Bunsen

Not Renmark. Its at Bordertown. At the border of S.A. & Vic on the main Adelaide to Melbourne Hwy (Dukes Hwy). The track is clay but its a pretty good set up. I know clay tracks can be a bit of a handful, but the plan is to have it packed down hard & a bit on the slick side.

The Championship will be 12 riders,4 heats each, 2 semis & a final will also have a Young guns series, Sidecars, junior 250's, maybe go-karts & have 2 freestyle MX guys lined up to do some demos.

As I said before, I still have a few things to get organised but at the moment its looking reasonably good. So keep it in mind, would be good if you can ride in it, but will catch up with you when you get back.

All the Best

Mark

Ye im still in swindon at the moment with Travis Mcgowan. Cant do alot of riding as i have chipped my shoulder. Just got some movement into it last few days and hope to have a ride before I come home on the 1st of october. Hey Marty have they got lights and everything sorted at gillman yet. Should be a good season at home this year. Rabbit would have loved to ride but couldnt cause of brake.

Sorry to hear about the injury - be good if you could get to ride at Poole again before you go back home. Shame your shoulders crocked - I reckon we could do with you at Wolves on Monday! :roll: Whatever happens good luck for the Aussie season - been good seeing you ride for the Pirates a few times while you've been over. :)

Sorry guys, let you get back on-topic again.... ;)

Hey marty what do you mean by bordertown. Do you mean Renmark. Isnt that a clay car track. ye should be very interesting. if i have nothing else i spose we could work something out. Mum(manager) and I have a big summer planned and only one weekend off so should be good.

Hope you get permit. We need more tracks.

Bunsen

Shoulder looked a lot better during the workout last night with Syd !! ;-)