British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ozyace

Australian Titles

It's confirmed :D - Gold Coast 10th Jan

Gosford 17th, Mildura 24th Jan :)

Spoke to the chairman of Speedway and Track Racing Commission today and everything is go.

Riders confirmed at this stage (that i know of) are Johnno, Leigh, Rory Schlein. (I'm sure there must be more - anyone?)

It looks like Todd will bring a close to his career at Mildura.

Ryhno will prob decide at a later date as he is going in for a coupla nip and tucks over the off season.

J.C. will decide after the G.P.s no doubt - lets hope he is (or Leigh) World Champ so they can really promote the bollocks off it and get a big turnout.

Lunchy i'm doing Gosford & Mildura for sure, flying to Sydney with a mate, hiring a car and after Gosford driving down to Mildura (shouldn't take to long, as my map shows it all downhill :P ) after that drop the car off at Adelaide and fly back to Perth, actual dates are not known as yet.

Anyone know any good and resonably cheap places to stay along the way? prefferably with a good bar, shower and a nice bit of trout ;-)

Anyway guys spread the word and lets get bums on seats - the riders deserve it, the promoters especially deserve it and lets show our S&TR commission that they are taking a step in the right direction. :approve:

I for one cannot wait :)

Did I say that :shock: - tut tut :P

By the way ML i've just been sent Peter Carrs - Motorshow 2 tape from Brian Collins - do you see him at Armadale?

Guest Sir Lunchalot
It's confirmed  :D - Gold Coast 10th Jan

Gosford 17th, Mildura 24th Jan :)  

Spoke to the chairman of Speedway and Track Racing Commission today and everything is go.

Lunchy i'm doing Gosford & Mildura for sure, flying to Sydney with a mate, hiring a car and after Gosford driving down to Mildura (shouldn't take to long, as my map shows it all downhill :P ) after that drop the car off at Adelaide and fly back to Perth, actual dates are not known as yet.

To quote Wayne Grady after his US PGA win in 1991 (?) ... you bloody beauty !! Ozyace I'm up for Grafton and Mildura for sure. I'll probably fly / train to Gosford but not sure about Mildura yet, it's a 6'ish hour drive for me, might do the bus or train thing for that so I can sleep coming home the next day !!

Grafton to Mildura should be a doddle for you, at a guess I reckon 16 or so hours should do it, between two you should do it easy :). Try this link and it says so !! As for good cheap places to stop at between Grafton and Mildura I have no idea !!

Should I bring my fishing rod ? ;-)

erm...... Grafton? Do you Know something I don't - good fishing perhaps :lol:

Sounds like a good trip Ace. Look forward to catching up with you & Lunchy at Mildura

Guest Sir Lunchalot
erm...... Grafton? Do you Know something I don't  - good fishing perhaps :lol:

OOPS !!! Slip of the fingers there, of course I meant Gosford ..... (although a few years ago I did go fishing with a lady from Grafton one long weekend at Coffs Harbour but that's not a story for a family forum such as this one). :oops:

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Sounds like a good trip Ace. Look forward to catching up with you & Lunchy at Mildura

And at Gillman and Bordertown before that too I hope Marty :)

From what I can see, the Vic & S.A. Titles are on the same date Dec the 6th. Seems a bit stupid to me as I would have thought that they would need a few riders from each state to make the meetings any good. Especially S.A., they would need 6-7 Vic's to make it a decent meeting !!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
From what I can see, the Vic & S.A. Titles are on the same date Dec the 6th. Seems a bit stupid to me as I would have thought that they would need a few riders from each state to make the meetings any good. Especially S.A., they would need 6-7 Vic's to make it a decent meeting !!

If this is the case Marty surely someone will see common sense and one of the dates will be changed ? I went to both last year and there must have been about half a dozen riding at both titles, from memory Ashley Jones, Kevin Doolan, Matt Jones, and Cam Woodward at least. Seems very narrow minded if they go ahead with a clash of dates, especially with not all the riders who compete in the UK taking part in the state titles these days which leaves the ranks thin enough as it is.

I'm hoping it's a misprint you saw.

Did I say that  :shock: - tut tut :P

By the way ML i've just been sent Peter Carrs - Motorshow 2 tape from Brian Collins  - do you see him at Armadale?

Enjoy the tape Ozyace. Yes I see Brian every week he is there. One of the nice guys in speedway :approve:

Guest mattp

It looks like most of the GP riders will be riding in the Aus titles. There may be a couple of notable exceptions from non-SGP riders, and there could be some other surprises that MA have up their sleeves. Nevertheless, the new format will be a ripper!

It looks like most of the GP riders will be riding in the Aus titles. There may be a couple of notable exceptions from non-SGP riders, and there could be some other surprises that MA have up their sleeves. Nevertheless, the new format will be a ripper!

C'mon mate, spit it, who's cum'n home to race & what'v MA got stuffed in their armpits.