British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

well done bomber

Well done Bomber, brilliant performance, we knew you would not be disgraced in the G.P.'s but 3rd. already is just fantastic. A Brit and a Bee, great.

at last something for us brits to cheer about, one of the most exciting rider i have seen he as got the right attitude and last night is not going to be a one off :)

Andersen, Hancock & Adams are far more experienced on the GP stage than Chris, I expected a plucky third.  I thought Anderson was lucky, had Hancock not took evasive action & caught him when he made a mistake he'd have been out.

Hans was a little lucky that hitting the rut fired him forward rather than off the bike. Greg was unlucky as he lost momentum as Hans came across him. Chris just saw his chance, and kept it all wound on. As he went around Greg on the exit of turn 4 he had so much speed he almost hit the back of Hans. As he shut the throttle I thought that chance may have gone, but the switch to the inside was quick thinking, and just shows how sharp his racing brain is.

For the record did anyone else notice after the race that Hans looked for Greg and apologised to him? I'm sure the Hans-bashers will conveniently ignore that, but well done Hans. :approve:

...as I do think  Parken and Cardiff will cause him trouble.

They will rut up though. Chris is strong enough to ride them, and make moves as others make mistakes. At Cardiff there's usually a little bit of dirt around the outside late on. If he can grab a semi spot he should be able to get out wide and use that to his advantage. It's the line AJ uses, and he has a good record at Cardiff. Parken will be harder, and there seems less dirt there.

Well done Chris Harris a.k.a - Bomber

Well done Bomber!!! Fantastic performance, one we all at Coventry knew you were capable of! I backed him in the GP game and it paid off!!! We get to see passing moves like that every week!

:D What a night, don't know what the neighbours made of the racket I was making! Brilliant performance from Bomber. I agree that it will be a bit more difficult on the tracks that are prepared with a slick surface, but he is such a determined rider that I think he will still manage some decent scores. I just wish the people responsible for track preparation would take notice of the entertaining nature of last nights GP and prepare tracks accordingly. Surely that could only be good for the sport as a whole. Who wants to watch processional gate and win racing? ;) Not Me :wink:

3.gif

Well done Bomber !! Had the biggest lump in my throat last night...what a fine and proud young man he is !!

I just wish the people responsible for track preparation would take notice of the entertaining nature of last nights GP and prepare tracks accordingly.

Didn't Ole have anything to do with the track preparation this time? :unsure:

Not much to say on this that hasnt already been said a great performance from Britiains number 2 "beggar" ... long may his doubters squirm and wallow in their own do :D ... not forgetting some useful points from Scott riding through the pain barrier to just miss out on the semis.

Chris Harris was like as breath of fresh air to the GP scene last night. The way he took his chances with skill and tactical awareness means he has now come of age and fully deserves his inclusion in the GP by right.

For his sake, and Britains, I hope this is the real start to his future. :)

:blink::blink:

I found it tremendously entertaining to watch Chris "Bomber" Harris powering round the outside and cutting up the inside to produce some of the best passing ever seen in the Grand Prix series (I may be a bit biased there) but I do fear for the future of British riders in the series.

Mark Loram (World Champion 2000 - I was there in Bydgoszcz) learned his craft at the County Ground (Exeter) and put it to good use in the Grand Prix series.

Chris Harris (World Champion to be) learned his craft at the County Ground (Exeter) and is putting it to good use in the Grand Prix series.

With the British building ever smaller and tighter tracks where are the young British riders going to learn how to power up and take on the huge sweeps?

In the meantime - GO BOMBER - I am looking forward to the rest of the season and trust that young Chris remains free from the English curse of too much press coverage and pressure leading to loss of performance.

Edited by Peregrinner

Oh my god, how good was the Bomber last night, some of the best GP races i've seen in a while and they all came from him storming through from the back to win races and win his way into the final.

Good on ya bomber, hope when ya got back to the mess there was plenty of top scoff and lashing of ginger ale for you to help with the celebrations :)

Watched my first gp of the year last night, watched it in the pub where there were some bemused people staring at us shouting for Bomber, we were also joined by a few regulars who now watch the gp's while they are drinking.

He was fantastic last night, after his first swoop around the outside I turned around to the landlord (who was raving about the move) and said half jokingly that the move was one of his less entertaining passes, he did not not know what to say until watching him some more he then agreed with me.

Cant wait to see him at Brandon on Monday (weather permitting)