Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
colin

Open Soon?

When does the museum open to the great unwashed, sorry joe public?

Been looking forward to a visit.

Colin :)

It's open now...but please have a wash before you go. It's a very small place and smells tend to linger. :wink:

It's open now...but please have a wash before you go. It's a very small place and smells tend to linger. :wink:

Thanks for that, I'm due a bath soon so I will get meself up there soon after!!

Colin :)

Going by Sharkyones post reckon you pay to go into Paradise Park (which is an excellent place) and the Speedway Museum is an added bonus for your day out :P:approve:

Good Luck to George and Linda on the museum thanks for all the hard work you've put in to make this a special place and also to Pete for the land. Thinking of bringing the kids up in the holidays they can go round the park and I'll come and find you .... so be warned :lol:

It is absolutely superb. Popped in the other week when Mildenhall were at Rye House. Went round with Rob & Sue Woffinden and Louis Carr and had guided tour from Gentleman George Barclay.

I know there are plans to sort out something for a speedwy museum entry only at some stage --but it is a MUST for all fans to pay a visit. *I know that some clubs are organising trips there on the day their teams race at Rye House and George is very keen to get the away riders there as well to do some promotional work for the museum.

But a visit to the Wildlife Park is well worth it as well --just wished I had left more time but spent several hours in the museum going round and round and back round again as every time you do this you seem to find something new that you missed before!!

All credit to George and Linda (hope you're feeling better!) and to Pete Sampson for what they have done. Missed seeing Pete as he was in a board meeting and then busy but George has invited me back when I can make it and promised me a special trip round the Wildlife Park that Pete will organise.

The message though is quite clear --get yourself down there --it is mind blowing and absolutely superb.

You can also now sign the visitors book and add your comments --- I was the proud first person to do this for George with Rob and Louis adding theirs too.

SUPPORT THE SPEEDWAY MUSEUM!!!!!

Edited by Main Man

There are a few pictures of the opening on me webpage, listed below.

It is absolutely superb. Popped in the other week when Mildenhall were at Rye House. Went round with Rob & Sue Woffinden and Louis Carr and had guided tour from Gentleman George Barclay.

I know there are plans to sort out something for a speedwy museum entry only at some stage --but it is a MUST for all fans to pay a visit. *I know that some clubs are organising trips there on the day their teams race at Rye House and George is very keen to get the away riders there as well to do some promotional work for the museum.

But a visit to the Wildlife Park is well worth it as well --just wished I had left more time but spent several hours in the museum going round and round and back round again as every time you do this you seem to find something new that you missed before!!

All credit to George and Linda (hope you're feeling better!) and to Pete Sampson for what they have done. Missed seeing Pete as he was in a board meeting and then busy but George has invited me back when I can make it and promised me a special trip round the Wildlife Park that Pete will organise.

The message though is quite clear --get yourself down there --it is mind blowing and absolutely superb.

You can also now sign the visitors book and add your comments --- I was the proud first person to do this for George with Rob and Louis adding theirs too.

SUPPORT THE SPEEDWAY MUSEUM!!!!!

G'day Laurence, I had an e-mail from Rob saying the place is awesome, can't wait to get over and have a look see for myself.

Surprisingly there is nothing on the Speedway Museum site stating it is open, e-mailed Paradise Park and found it was opening. Will be hitting the venue myself on bank holiday Monday.

if all goes according to plan coventry will be bringing a coach load down to visit the museum on the afternoon of Stuart Robson Benefit Meeting at Rye House.

looking forward to it..

G'day Laurence, I had an e-mail from Rob saying the place is awesome, can't wait to get over and have a look see for myself.

It certainly is mate. Can't wait to go back again.

Anyway when you over ? have to save up to buy you a beer or ten!!?? ;)

It certainly is mate. Can't wait to go back again.

Anyway when you over ?  have to save up to buy you a beer or ten!!?? ;)

All things going well, i hope to be there for the SGP next year or a certain someones testimonial if it ever happens. :)

There are a few pictures of the opening on me webpage, listed below.

What a striking contrast between the modern lay down and a real speedway bike in the shape of a JAP :)

What a striking contrast between the modern lay down and a real speedway bike in the shape of a JAP  :)

And isn't one of the old JAP's once the property of 1947-49 Southampton rider George Bason. I have read that it is a five-valve engine in a Brine frame - now owned by Pete Seaton (I think) and on loan to the museum.