British Speedway Forum
KevH

Johnnie S Hoskins

It's quiz time. I've been looking through some old Speedway Stars and found an article on the great man. So much has been said and written about him, and let's be honest if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be reading this now, but does anyone know what the S stands for?

I do - answer in a few days - unless someone else knows and allegedly not a lot of people do know this!

Have a guess.

Guest cheetahhawk

I did know, but old age has taken it's toll and I have temporarily forgotten,but give me a few days and I may have a refreshing of my old brain cells. :lol:

It's quiz time. I've been looking through some old Speedway Stars and found an article on the great man. So much has been said and written about him, and let's be honest if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be reading this now, but does anyone know what the S stands for?

I do - answer in a few days - unless someone else knows and allegedly not a lot of people do know this!

Have a guess.

Well I know Kevin as I was at his funeral in Herne Bay and his resting place at Reculver in Kent,but I did not know until that sad day.

I was Secretary of the Canterbury Speedway Supporters Club,now defunct and felt it my duty to be present.It was not until the coffin was lowered into the ground that I spotted S---- on the brass plate and solved a great mystery to me,but I won't give the game away as its a good question!

Thanks for keeping quiet on this one Ian.

OK CH you have a few more days.

Anyone else want to have a guess (or does anyone actually know)?

Bah! I have just read several pages all about Johnnie Hoskins and it doesn't say! How about Sigmund, Sydney or Showtime? Okay, I am going to go quietly away now. :roll:

Where's Norbold - I bet he will know.

Showground?

or

Secretary?

It's good to see a bit of interest developing in this thread - no-one's correct yet, but I can tell you it's not a common name.

I've got it !!!

Smoothie

Samson?

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I did see his middle name years and years ago but all I remember was it was unusual. Silas perhaps ?

Should be well ashamed of myself for not knowing this one and it would not be fair to ask one of the rellies! my money is on Raven knowing the answer though!

Perhaps he should ammend his will ...