British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamieE

Trelawny

It seems to have gone very quiet on the search for a new home of the Trelawny Tigers, i was just wandering if there were any updates on their progress, It's such a shame that they don't exist anymore, after bringing on riders such as Bomber Harris and Matej Zagar too :(

Not sure about Trelawny coming back but Exeter will be soon so least Devon/Cornwall area will have another team to cheer on. :)

Not sure about Trelawny coming back but Exeter will be soon so least Devon/Cornwall area will have another team to cheer on.  :)

the impetus has been lost in the search for a new home for trelawney tigers no one is interested any more ,dont think their will ever be another speedway team in cornwall

the impetus has been lost in the search for a new home for trelawney tigers no one is interested any more ,dont think their will ever be another speedway team in cornwall

This is something that, as a Wimbledon follower, I sincerely hope will not happen to the Dons. There is talk opf a search for a venue 15 miles from Plough Lane, but that was weeks ago and, as with Trelawney all seems to have gone cold lately.

Although things may seem quiet, it is not true that people are not interested. Whilst I cannot say too much, people have not given up hope of bringing speedway back to Cornwall. Sometimes keeping it quiet is the best policy, firstly not to build anyones hopes up and secondly so that the anti speedway brigade are thrown off of their tracks. But please dont think that nobody is interested, dont give up hope!

Although things may seem quiet, it is not true that people are not interested. Whilst I cannot say too much, people have not given up hope of bringing speedway back to Cornwall. Sometimes keeping it quiet is the best policy, firstly not to build anyones hopes up and secondly so that the anti speedway brigade are thrown off of their tracks. But please dont think that nobody is interested, dont give up hope!

i hope you are right and speedway does return to the area i was there last year and went to newquay football club for donkey derby could#nt help thinking what a lovely conference track would fit in there and who knows cornwall could unearth another chris harris maybe

i hope you are right and speedway does return to the area i was there last year and went to newquay football club for donkey derby could#nt help thinking what a lovely conference track would fit in there and who knows cornwall could unearth another chris harris maybe

Hiya, me too although not on donkey derby day.

Planning permission would be very difficult to obtain at the football club with the nearby residential property, but there are other places not too far away! ;)

I await news with interest, lets up things can come together in the future after the false starts of recent years.

what happened to the St evel project?

When they reoopened in 1997 after 35 odd years of inactivity it was a complete surprise, not a place anyone would of predicted a speedway comeback and a great well supported success!

I'm sure it would do well again so don't give up hope!

The best way to go about reopening a speedway track is to do it quietly so as not to alert the NIMBY's and build up false hopes.

What happened with the proposed track near St Austell at Par Moor I believe was the name?

Edited by 25yearfan