British Speedway Forum

Beware of the M4 around J30 to J33 there are road works to make the two lanes three (About time). You could be stuck here for a hour or two depends on the time and traffic.

The centre of Cardiff is like a bomb site with over 2000 car parking spaces missing. This is due to the face lift of the city. Park and rides are good. Being the weekend it is Cardiff will have lots of shoppers there too so leave yourself time and enjoy the city and shops before hand.

If you need more help email me and I will try to help.

Beware of the M4 around J30 to J33 there are road works to make the two lanes three (About time).  You could be stuck here for a hour or two depends on the time and traffic.

The centre of Cardiff is like a bomb site with over 2000 car parking spaces missing.  This is due to the face lift of the city.  Park and rides are good.  Being the weekend it is Cardiff will have lots of shoppers there too so leave yourself time and enjoy the city and shops before hand.

If you need more help email me and I will try to help.

Some of the car park prices have also risen recently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/6733933.stm

Parking in Newport and catching the train is another option

Some of the car park prices have also risen recently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/6733933.stm

Don't I know it!! Went to Cardiff in the week to try and get a job and had to take out a loan to get out of the car park!!

Wish i'd walked now, would have been a lot easier (after doing something very stupid :blink::rolleyes: ) and a lot cheaper!

Also, anyone in South Wales know why Newport and Cardiff are redeveloping at the same time? (knocking down car parks, closing down shops) Seems stupid, While Cardiff is choas, Newport should being doing all it can to gain, not making the city centre a mess. Right now, South Wales is not a great place to be with re-developement and numerous road works.

Are the car parking spaces behind the Town Hall still available?

Failing that, it looks like our minibus will have to park at Sophia Gardens.

Sophia Gardens is one of the better choices. Cars are £7 but not sure if a minibus has to pay a £15 charge as a coach. It's a pay and display machine and I don't think it gives change.

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ObjView.asp?Object_ID=8582

Take the A48M into Cardiff (left off the M4 after Tredegar Park), past the University Hospital (watch for the 40mph camera), go past the 24 hour Tesco and just as you go past the college take the left slip road. Left at the lights and stay on the same road, following it round to the right and then straight on for half a mile or so. The entrance to the car park is on the left. You will be quite close to the stadium.

I have parked in the NCP car park (Trededgar St, i think) near the CIA for the last few years? Looking on the NCP website it doesn't seem to exist now. can anyone tell me if this is afffected by the redevelopment of Cardiff?

I have parked in the NCP car park (Trededgar St, i think) near the CIA for the last few years? Looking on the NCP website it doesn't seem to exist now. can anyone tell me if this is afffected by the redevelopment of Cardiff?

There's now a very big hole in it's place!

No, it's not there anymore.

There's now a very big hole in it's place!

No, it's not there anymore.

Thanks for the reply SCB. Thats why it didn't exist on the NCP website then!

Glad I found that out this week and not on arrival in Cardiff next Saturday!

Any suggestions to an alternative option as you seem to have some local knowledge?

Sophia Gardens is one of the better choices. Cars are £7 but not sure if a minibus has to pay a £15 charge as a coach.  It's a pay and display machine and I don't think it gives change.

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ObjView.asp?Object_ID=8582

Take the A48M into Cardiff (left off the M4 after Tredegar Park), past the University Hospital (watch for the 40mph camera), go past the 24 hour Tesco and just as you go past the college take the left slip road. Left at the lights and stay on the same road, following it round to the right and then straight on for half a mile or so.  The entrance to the car park is on the left.  You will be quite close to the stadium.

So the spaces behind the Town Hall and next to University Grounds a no-no then?

Thanks for the reply SCB. Thats why it didn't exist on the NCP website then!

Glad I found that out this week and not on arrival in Cardiff next Saturday!

Any suggestions to an alternative option as you seem to have some local knowledge?

Theres so many options I guess it depends what time you get to Cardiff. Teh later you arrive the further you have to park. Even if you park in the NCP car park at the opposite end fo the city centre (Dumfries Place) its no more than a 10 minute walk and if you like you can do some shopping :blink:

There's a few cars parks and plenty fo signs, so finidng somewhere to park should not be a problem.

Was looking for some advice, first time driving to Cardiff. wont be arriving until 6 whats the best thing to do? is park and ride available all night ?

any help much appreciated

If you want to know a brilliant place to park your minibus for £2 for the day within 5 mins walk of the stadium PM me and I'll tell you.

We've parked our mini bus in this place for the last 5 years and it's been great. No offence to others but not going to put it in public on here as more and more people are finding this place each year and don't want to get there and find we can't park :D

Edited by Rob B

Was looking for some advice, first time driving to Cardiff. wont be arriving until 6 whats the best thing to do? is park and ride available all night ?

any help much appreciated

By then, all the shoppers will be gone, so as long as you don't try and park right by the stadium you should get someone to park quite easily.

As I said further up, even if you park in the NCP at the other end of the city centre its not too far to walk, 10 minutes at the most.