British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Great Entertainers 2

The late Nigel Sparshott who began at Iwade and the rode for numerous clubs. :)

i remember seeing him at blantyre one kent boy must have been 1979 and a scottish juniour league v anglia juniour league meeting and he was superb to watch with a spectacular leg trailing style his battles with kenny mckinna were worth the admission money alone i even gave him a mention in my dream team on the speedway plus site

Gary Guglielmi at Boston and Troy Butler at MK.

Nigel's career was Crayford, Kings Lynn, Milton Keynes, Long Eaton, Oxford, Middlesbrough and Rye House. A prodigy of Barry Thomas RIP

Nigel's career was Crayford, Kings Lynn, Milton Keynes, Long Eaton, Oxford, Middlesbrough and Rye House. A prodigy of Barry Thomas RIP

He had a season at Exeter, 1985 I think.

forgot to put wee wayne brown on my list another sadly no longer with us :(

:o might be best re wording that one Kent Boy, can't see Barry being impressed :P:wink: Edited by shazzybird

and Wimbledon

Only cos he was rather good at beating your favourites!  :wink:

Errrr no because he was a cocky so and so that thought he was better than everyone :wink:

Todd Wiltshire (Wimbledon)

Mmmmmmmm Todd Wiltshire :P

Mervjankefanclub, great shout there for little Guy Wilson, how could I forget him? Immensely popular at Workington, fantastic out and out trier and top personality too.

I will let Guy know he had a mention. Guy was winning the Weste

rn Australian state championship until about 4 years ago. He is still helping in the pits at meetings and just as enthusiastic about the sport!!

Mervjankefanclub, great shout there for little Guy Wilson, how could I forget him? Immensely popular at Workington, fantastic out and out trier and top personality too.

I will let Guy know he had a mention. Guy was winning the Weste

rn Australian state championship until about 4 years ago. He is still helping in the pits at meetings and just as enthusiastic about the sport!!

asturmer another of my favourites came from out your way although i only saw him in my first season of speedway in 1977 that was mick mckeon who married a glasgow girl

Steve Lawson

Mark Fiora

Colin Gooddy

Dave Morton (Early days, Crewe etc)

Pete Jarman

asturmer another of my favourites came from out your way although i only saw him in my first season of speedway in 1977 that was mick mckeon who married a glasgow girl

I heard Mick was running a sand buggy bus tourist business, in a place called Lancelin with lots of huge sand dunes about 50 miles north of Perth!!!!

Richard Green and Alan Mogridge absolute musts. Les Collins was also always great value, as was Martin Goodwin. Another fella I remember is the French rider Thierry Hilaire, I think he rode for Milton Keynes? He was a bit of a nutter, but always gave 100%.