British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

New-look Retro Speedway Website

Exeter 80-1..Keith Wright

Weymouth-1 Action is John Barker...Arena rider Bob Humphries

Barrow-BIR7..Mike Sampson

Thanks Bob C and all.

Wasn't sure if I was right about Bob Watts of Exeter?

Could the Crayford action shot (83-2) be Mike Spinks? Those youngsters deserve to be named too! Where's Derek Barclay and Bryn Williams when you need them!?

http://www.retro-speedway.com/extras/autog...ders%2FCrayford

Edited by tmc

Glasgow and Hackney updates have been uploaded tonight.

There are a few 'unknowns' to identify in both sections (well, it's those Kestrels!), plus a youngster in Boston colours.

Edited by tmc

exeter gallery page 2 certain its not bob watts,he was a long haired guy,and the race jacket is early eighties to late for him ,never rode national league for exeter.got a feeling its alan leaver

Crayford 83-1 is Trevor Barnwell I reckon and I would also go with Mike Spinks for the second action shot. The other fella i haven't a clue.

Crayford 83-1 is Trevor Barnwell I reckon and I would also go with Mike Spinks for the second action shot. The other fella i haven't a clue.

I thought it might have been Trevor, but no idea on the others.

As far as the Hackney ones, 85-2 looks like Mike Fitzpatrick, and I'm sure that 85-3 is Gary Rolls. I'm thinking you will find that the other two (84-1 and 85-4) will be more Paul Whittaker.

Steve

Edited by chunky

Arena Essex unknown 2 Is Simon Wiggs old mechanic Greg Williamson

Arena Essex unknown 7 Is Sean Barker

A quick bit of detective work with Peter Oakes' 1978 yearbook tells me that Glasgow 77-1 must be Rob Hamman. The same rider appears in the 1977 team picture on the site. The give-away is the absence of both Derek Richardson and Benny Rourke from the side (though Benny is pictured in overalls). The only meeting they both missed was at Ellesmere Port on 5th April and the team for that meeting was made up by Rob - making his one and only appearance for Glasgow.

Unknown with Martin Dugard in the Eastbourne section Is Andy Buck

Unknown 2 with Martin Dugard Is Andy Buck In red, Rob Grant In yellow, White not sure but could be Steve McDermott

Unknown with Martin Dugard in the Eastbourne section Is Andy Buck

Unknown 2 with Martin Dugard Is Andy Buck In red, Rob Grant In yellow, White not sure but could be Steve McDermott

looks like jimmy mcmillan in unknown 2 tyler the other berwick riders in the third photo are sean courtney and charlie mckinna

looks like jimmy mcmillan in unknown 2 tyler the other berwick riders in the third photo are sean courtney and charlie mckinna

Yes, on all counts. Mildenhall Unknowns 76 is Bob Coles leading, and I'm pretty sure that's Fred Mills behind.

Steve

Edited by chunky