British Speedway Forum

What a meeting. Chris "Bomber" Harris.. what a guy. True racer and a really likeable rider aswell, rode his heart out and a little interview in yesterday's Mirror was right where he said something like "I won't give up until I've passed that checkered flag". Well he certainly didn't. Deserved that 100%. Makes me proud to be British.

To credit the other 2 riders on the podium aswell, I was well impressed with how Hancock and Crumpy congratulated Bomber after the race and on the podium, that was fantastic to watch.

Also, don't know if there's a topic for these or not, and sorry to move this post away from Bomber, but well done to the other 2 British riders last night. They didn't disgrace themselves, and I haven't seen Nicholls ride like that for a long time.

British GP winner, Chris Harris. I noticed the presenters say some of his moves were similar to Loram's a lot.. and I'll tell you what, I honestly reckon Bomber will be the next British man to do what Loram did back in 2000.

Edited by tigerblues

Well done Bomber you showed what GB is all about........Fighting Spirit.

At times you looked to be heading out but you never know when your beat.

Also well done to all the other riders for putting on sucjh a superb show in tricky conditions :D

Edited by GLSDiamond

What a night,got home at 02.00 after witnessing what can only be discribed as one of the most entertaining and emotional nights of pure speedway i have had the pleasure to see.

Arise Sir Chris Harris,you made the whole British Speedway public proud and the rest of the world sit up and say "The Brits are back".

I would also like to add my congratulations to Scotty,his riding was better than his points suggest.

I suspect the congratulations from a Coventry team mate will be slightly bitter.

The only person who is bitter is.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

........... YOU :mad:

That's the trouble with speedway, first out the gate always wins!

Nice one Chris, what a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have woken up today with a sore throat and thumping head but hell it worth it , I know im biased being cornish etc but Chris Harris is the best thing to happen to the GP series in years WE ARE SO PROUD CONGRATULATIONS MATE. also the 435quid i won on you was nice ;) !!!

What a night to go to my first ever Cardiff GP ! Awesome ! Unbelievable ! Best meeting ever ! Great performance by Chris, what a winner! & well done to Greg & Jason for helping make the victory celebrations perfect. :D:D:D

Oh I so agree Hyderd!

Was not able to be there, but to Bomber, sincere congratulations from all your supporters at the Worlds Oldest Motor Sports venue where I am typing this whilst sitting in course control and wearing a Bomber cap.

You are THE racer.

Well now I have been fed and watered after a short nights sleep I will give my thoughts.

First of all what a nightmare leaving the stadium in a cloud burst. Got absolutely soaked walking the 20 mnutes back to the car. We parked in the long thin car park as you come into Cardiff along the side of the road, and it took over an hour to get out the bloody carpark!! (Not that we wer too bothered!)

Got in at 2.20 am, a good hour later than usual. Still damp, knackered byt buzzing (especially the poor old ears! :unsure: )

During the day the atmosphere was flatter than usual because of the rotten weather, and the pubs seemed much quieter. Very easy to get served and it boded for a smaller crowd in the stadium. Wrong!

On entering the stadium at 5 pm we enjoyed the youngsters having a ride. Must have been great for them. The 8 lads only had one ride each but here I think was a missed opportunity. Rather than suffer Chas and Dave, and the probably ten grand it cost to have them there, why not have had the first and second placed riders from the two heats have a race in front of the 50,000 during the interval, rather than race in front of the few tousand at 5.20 pm? Would THAT have been somethig special for the yongsters and they would probably have been on Sky TV as well. Would have given them a massive taste. Perhaps that could be considered in the future?

Onto the meeting itself and the first few heats were a bit boring, but about heat 5-6 it started to get better and better, until the briliant finale which brought the whole house down. Best British GP by the proverbial mile, best final, best winner.

Stand up Chris Harris. Absolutely marvellous performance and I never thought he had it in him to do it. Before the final I said that if he could make the rostrum it would be a huge filip on his behalf, but to do what he did was just stunning. Still wiping the egg off my face after stating he was out of his depth before the GP series started. And happy to do so.

His gating is just about as atrocious as it can get, which is a shame as it will cost him at times. But last night was his night and he fully deserved all the plaudits coming his way.

Well done Chris Harris. Brilliant.

Rather than suffer Chas and Dave, and the probably ten grand it cost to have them there, why not have had the first and second placed riders from the two heats have a race in front of the 50,000 during the interval, rather than race in front of the few tousand at 5.20 pm? Would THAT have been somethig special for the yongsters and they would probably have been on Sky TV as well. Would have given them a massive taste. Perhaps that could be considered in the future?

Couldn't agree more that would have kept things ticking along nicely.

Good to see that I am not the only one to wake up with a splitting headache and sore throat, but boy was it worth it!!! I am so pleased that I went and nothing will ever compare to being there last night to see Chris win his first, of hopefully many GPs.

Arise Chris Harris MBE - Magnificent Bloody Entertainment!!!

OH MY GOD, what a night, just woke up with no voice what so ever but who cares. That has to be one of the best races i've ever seen in the final with a crazy atmosphere, to hear 40,000 cheering on a Brit to glory rather than a Dane or a rider of some other nationality really made me feel proud.

I have to agree with Steve, why not let the young en's race in the interval and give them a taste of what they can achieve with dedication and hard work, just look at what the mighty bomber has achieved.

Think the best thing the BSPA can do now is spend out and get some advert time on ITV and show the final time and time again, if that don't draw people in through the gates of our beloved clubs even if just for a look one nightto see what its all about then nothing will.

Keep on racing bomber and i look forward to the day when i can say, " oh that speedway world chapion Chris Harris, i was there the night he won his first GP" :)

Godess xxx xxx