Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Overall I did not let these bad things overshadow the amazing day out and i'm proud to be a Brit.  :D

I think everyone was, judging by the noise levels everytime bomber/scotty/howe came out, for bomber especially. I was so pleased, I didnt even object to the dreaded is this the way to amarillo song playing out when he won, I was too busy jumping up and down. :D

Massive congratulations to Bomber! He thoroughly deserved the win and he should be so proud of himself, as we all are! He never gives up and that certainly paid off! The actions of Crump and Hancock were also really pleasing to see.

Also, just a mention about Scott. I thought he rode really well and was unlucky only to make the semis. Let's hope this is the turning point for him to go forward for the rest of the season.

What a night!! Well done Bomber for putting the Great back into Britain. I'm still hoarse this morning after all the shouting last night. But more people should go to Cardiff - the noise created last night was incredible - Can you imagine what it would be like with a full stadium.

Well done to the other Brits for battling away, but this was Bomber's night, and boy did he deserve it :approve:

Just got back from a great weekend. Bomber was brilliant last night, and i'll only echo everybody else's comments on Bomber & Scotty's perfomances and that the racing was the best we've seen for a long time.

A big well done to the trackstaff for getting that track laid in such a short space of time. It did get a bit bumpy towards the end, but that was to be expected.

Don't think i've ever seen so many Polish fans at a British event either, we were surrounded by loads of them.. they soon quietened down when Bomber won though :D

Well done Chris and his team :D

A big well done to the trackstaff for getting that track laid in such a short space of time. It did get a bit bumpy towards the end, but that was to be expected.

Was there some sort of delay with track preparation then?Just wondering as Jason said he was hoping the track would be as good as Parken.It did seem to cut up early and i know listening to Johno on the radio he mentioned the ruts quite a bit.Plus watching the live stream there were a few near misses because of the track.As long as there are no accidents they can prepare it like that evry year if it gives Chris a better chance though :P

Edited by iris123

I could be wrong, but in most years they've only had about 5 days to get the track down.. That's from scratch. It may have been different this year with no football matches being played the weekend's before?

Just got home from Cardiff.

Congratulations to Chris and his team.

No more to say at present - its 3pm and we are just about to watch it all over again!!!!! :D

Just got home from Cardiff.

Congratulations to Chris and his team.

No more to say at present - its 3pm and we are just about to watch it all over again!!!!! :D

Sky+ Sandie.. it's the future! :D

congratulations to chris and all the people who had the faith and foresight to place a bet on him .

What a night!  :D

But Bomber - jeez what a star! Rode like a man possessed and I defy any sporting spectacle to out-do that noise when he won the Final. Credit as others have said to Crump and Hancock for their actions on the podium. Great to see.

Well done Bomber!!!

For those of us fortunate enough to be in the Press Conference it was also great to see both Jason & Greg acknowledging and praising Chris as a true & worthy winner, also Crumpy leading a round of applause for the British GP Champion.

Nice one Jason.

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

For those of us furtunate enough to be in the Press Conference it was also great to see both Jason & Greg acknowledging and praising Chris as a true & worthy winner, also Crumpy leading a round of applause for the British GP Champion.

Nice one Jason.

ATB

Dave

Poor you Gambo.. I bet Mr Roberts dragged you in there kicking and screaming didn't he? :D

I'd just like to echo all of the other sentiments. :approve:

A fantastic night's speedway that more than made up for the miserable weather and the awful journey along the M4. Good to meet a few faces from the Forum too! ;)

Bomber was electric all night and just goes from strength to strength this season. What a start he's made, to what will hopefully be a long and successful GP career. Another final for Leigh too, so the Swindon fans had plenty to cheer; it's just a shame that he didn't sneak a podium place to narrow Nicki's lead a little further.

Still, a British GP winner at long last! Top Bombing. B)

Superb night and a fabulous result for bomber, simply immense and gets better every year.