British Speedway Forum
771neil

The Future Of British Riders

scunthorpe is 198 miles away from newcastle "not certain but in that region of miles" that puts riders off from north england and Scotland, Workington doesnt offer the services Scunthorpe does.

Redcar would be the best place to make a training track with more land, is this right?

I think its time promoters up north pulled there finger out.

scunthorpe is 198 miles away from newcastle "not certain but in that region of miles" that puts riders off from north england and Scotland, Workington doesnt offer the services Scunthorpe does.

Redcar would be the best place to make a training track with more land, is this right?

erm....

I live in northampton so it has always been a trek to get to a training track.

I was put off second halves by being told I was too old. Not exactly welcoming. Thats the whole reason I became happy with the Amateur scene at Scunny - long may it live, they all do a super job and encourage!!!!!

I think thats what is needed, any Brit willing to have a go - regardless of age - should get encouragement. Not everyone will be a world beater, 2nd strings and reserves are needed too are they not.

erm....

I live in northampton so it has always been a trek to get to a training track.

I was put off second halves by being told I was too old. Not exactly welcoming. Thats the whole reason I became happy with the Amateur scene at Scunny - long may it live, they all do a super job and encourage!!!!!

I think thats what is needed, any Brit willing to have a go - regardless of age - should get encouragement. Not everyone will be a world beater, 2nd strings and reserves are needed too are they not.

I thought you had emigrated to the usa snapper

Its about 140, nowhere near 198

Transport, location, cost, lack of equipment, etc are major obstacles, pun not particularly intended, but the most important thing is ride when and where you can and to enjoy it....

Jeff mate jog on still a long way to go.

and tbh your sad :approve:

Really, you posted you were not certain of a mileage, I informed you of the correct mileage and that makes me sad.