British Speedway Forum
speedway-simon

My Thoughts On The Future

Grass is for looking at not standing on :lol:

........I can think of other uses.................. :rolleyes:

Feeding vegeterians is one use Dave,I have`nt a clue what else it`s good for :rolleyes::lol:

Mowing

Nor I. Speedway is in the blood. Football got washed out of my life years ago.

i think the sports finished, and thats that.

every year for the last 20 years! we have the same problems, the same discussions,

nothing changes, and things have just gone from bad to worse. This recession, which isn't even

in full swing yet! will be the final nail in the coffin for our sport. There will soon be 2 million people on the dole, and that

includes people i know who simply cant afford £15.00 to watch Coventry. At the end of the day, speedway tracks are a business,

just like any other form of business, and if banks, factory's, and woolies couldn't make it through, what hope is there for

a speedway track thats lucky to pull 500 people on a good night!.

2009 -on is going to be tough, so brace your self, this is just the tip of the ice burg.

i think the sports finished, and thats that.

every year for the last 20 years! we have the same problems, the same discussions,

nothing changes, and things have just gone from bad to worse. This recession, which isn't even

in full swing yet! will be the final nail in the coffin for our sport. There will soon be 2 million people on the dole, and that

includes people i know who simply cant afford £15.00 to watch Coventry. At the end of the day, speedway tracks are a business,

just like any other form of business, and if banks, factory's, and woolies couldn't make it through, what hope is there for

a speedway track thats lucky to pull 500 people on a good night!.

2009 -on is going to be tough, so brace your self, this is just the tip of the ice burg.

I agree fully - and it seems that the sport wants the fans to bail it out constantly and feeds of the fact that its a smaller sport.

It could be huge with a bit of proper management - and people could make money from it if only it was given full effort and concentration

Speedway has been going to go under for donkeys years but it's still here :)

Too many people are in it for themselves and not the good of the sport. Thats really the major issue. If you can get a group of people that have the growth and survival of the sport at heart it wont progress.

And those teams which are in stadiums without those facilities ,which they only rent and have no control over will do what exactly ?? close down i suppose . So it's goodbye Stoke,Scunthorpe,Plymouth, And Workington to name just a few who have no seating.

Worky have 1,000 seats.