British Speedway Forum
speedway-simon

My Thoughts On The Future

I disagree with the seating. Football was a joy to go to when it was all standing the seating has ruined atmospheres at alot of stadiums. Leave the all standing as it is.

We was talking about finding 3 times as many fans from out the blue. Just take a look at Edinburgh. we have increased our gates by just about that number if not more. Ok admittedly our success owes alot to that, but if the ticket prices were cut from the current £13.50 the new fans we have gained would then bring along friends and family therefore meaning an even bigger gain in spectators.

I didn't mean totally seated stadiums.The track I go to has one decent grandstand along the start/finish straight and this is usually fairly full with the majority of supporters in the older age bracket .

Mighty impressed with the three fold crowd increase and agree with you that success certainly pulls in the support;not too sure about reducing admission costs>It would be a huge gamble for the promoters,but who knows it might just work;perhaps one third off as astart.

Just to add my tuppenceworth:I think it should be mandatory for every speedway stadium to have open fronted,covered grandstands with seats in this day and age.

And those teams which are in stadiums without those facilities ,which they only rent and have no control over will do what exactly ?? close down i suppose . So it's goodbye Stoke,Scunthorpe,Plymouth, And Workington to name just a few who have no seating.

And those teams which are in stadiums without those facilities ,which they only rent and have no control over will do what exactly ?? close down i suppose . So it's goodbye Stoke,Scunthorpe,Plymouth, And Workington to name just a few who have no seating.

Been to Stoke, Scunthorpe & Workington this season saw some marvellous speedway. Happy to stand and watch and sit on the terracing between races if need be. Long live Speedway :wink:

Been to Stoke, Scunthorpe & Workington this season saw some marvellous speedway. Happy to stand and watch and sit on the terracing between races if need be. Long live Speedway :wink:

given the choice i would opt for the terraces myself . in the grandstand at coventry the seats are far too close together and if theres a large group of us there the people on the ends of rows get excluded from group conversations ,the view of the racing is better in the stand but the P.A. deafens you. if it means speedway can continue at a track most people don't object to standing up .far better than the alternative in most cases

We have NO Covered accomodation at Redcar, we have NO Seats unless we take our own. The Facilities are basic. What we DO have - however - is FIRST CLASS racing and a FAIR Track. I am a pensioner and am fully prepared to sacrifice the first two for the latter two.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS GOOD SPEEDWAY - the facilities can follow in their own time. Obviously I would like a plush Stadium to stand in - who wouldn't - BUT - the main thing is the Product - SPEEDWAY. :approve:

Definitely not.If it was a choice of speedway with seats or no speedway I would be there ,standing! I just feel that in this day and age everything should be done to attract supporters.Seating I think would attract some of the older supporters.If a track could attract say 500 more through the turnstyles it would make a significant difference.

Cost of course is the big issue plus agreement of landlords at rented stadiums.Any property owner must welcome an improvement to their property if it was at minimal cost to them.This is my suggestion:

1.Sponsorship/advertising.

2.Local authority grants.

3.Owner contribution.

4.Other users contribution.

5.BSPA contribution!

6.Lottery finance.Must be worth a try.

7.Speedway tenant contribution.

Any other ideas?

We have NO Covered accomodation at Redcar, we have NO Seats unless we take our own. The Facilities are basic. What we DO have - however - is FIRST CLASS racing and a FAIR Track. I am a pensioner and am fully prepared to sacrifice the first two for the latter two.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS GOOD SPEEDWAY - the facilities can follow in their own time. Obviously I would like a plush Stadium to stand in - who wouldn't - BUT - the main thing is the Product - SPEEDWAY. :approve:

Thanks for your reply.You must be a tough and fit guy.Long may it continue to be so.You are absolutely correct:the main thing is the product:SPEEDWAY.

given the choice i would opt for the terraces myself . in the grandstand at coventry the seats are far too close together and if theres a large group of us there the people on the ends of rows get excluded from group conversations ,the view of the racing is better in the stand but the P.A. deafens you. if it means speedway can continue at a track most people don't object to standing up .far better than the alternative in most cases

Don't know if you have been to Peterborough.but their grandstand,from a comfort and viewing perspective is pretty well perfect.

Don't know if you have been to Peterborough.but their grandstand,from a comfort and viewing perspective is pretty well perfect.

Ya right there. pity the rest is rubbish though.

IYO The Know, I've personally never sat in that stand, back straight is pretty good as close to the racing as poss :)

IYO The Know, I've personally never sat in that stand, back straight is pretty good as close to the racing as poss :)

Grass is for looking at not standing on :lol:

........I can think of other uses.................. :rolleyes:

........I can think of other uses.................. :rolleyes:

Feeding vegeterians is one use Dave,I have`nt a clue what else it`s good for :rolleyes::lol:

The future.

Well acccording to Jeremy Clarkson we're all gonna eat each other. :unsure:

Do you really want to be sitting in a stand in utter silence? my first visit to Berwick i took a seat in the stand after heat 1 i was round the other side on the back straight that was the first time i ever tried sitting at a speedway meeting. The atmosphere was none existent the racing didnt feel the same either (not sure why) I love standing at speedway as was mentioned when in a group all stood round having a pint and a laugh is what adds to the greatness.