Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Well What Can I Say, Well Done Lads You Did us proud, so glad we could be there, what an awesome night,all the best and fingers crossed for saturday, :)

Anyone dare to make a forecast about the result at the final?

Well What Can I Say, Well Done Lads You Did us proud

i think you should hang onto that thought for a while, last night's score was no better than expected against some much weaker teams

Anyone dare to make a forecast about the result at the final?

Well if they ride as well as they did last night, then we could win it couldnt we? anyone got an opionion?

anyone got an opionion?

against poorer oposition it can make you look better

Just re-watched the meeting.

Janniro should never have been excluded for the crash with Darkin. Darkin leant on him then bottled it. Poor poor decision from the referee, which a few of us said was wrong at the time :mad:

i think you should hang onto that thought for a while, last night's score was no better than expected against some much weaker teams

Lets face it,both Denmark + Poland could probably field a B side stronger than the States

Well if they ride as well as they did last night, then we could win it couldnt we? anyone got an opionion?

I've got more chance of having six numbers up on the lottery than Great Britain winnning the World cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know demark are going be hard to beat, but we can hope they can do it.you never know stranger things have happened,

As my other half pointed out last night - the meeting at Coventry was pretty much a run off for who was going to finish last (behind Denmark, Poland and Australia) in the final! Looks like the GB then! :P

I would say that success for GB would be finish in the top 3. Even so, although we had weak opposition we still looked determined and rode well. No reason why a rostrum place isn't possible even if it will take a very good performance.

Australia, in particular, have a few weak links in the side. Denmark look strong though, and Poland will be very hard to beat on their own tracks.

I reckon 1. Denmark 2. Poland 3. GB 4. Australia.

That is, of course, assuming Poland and Australia will get there. I'm rooting for Russia in the race-off!

OR is it because there are NO ex-Lynn riders in team GB????  :D

Team GBs reserve last night Olly Allen rode for Lynn a couple of seasons ago. :D

Steve

I actually thought that was the stronger of the semi finals...because all teams had riders that could win races and racers unlike Saturdays where the Finns were woeful leaving the other 3 to see who were the best gaters and unsurprisingly the Danes walked it..must have thought it was xmas

jaybea

Great Night, Bad Planning

Why buy a ticket before the event, then have to stand in an enormous queue waiting for people in front to get tickets, surely they could have opened a gate for ticket holders away from the main entry point where tickets were on sale.

There was.

Having said that I thought it was bad that there were no stewards to point that out to people.

Just re-watched the meeting.

Janniro should never have been excluded for the crash with Darkin. Darkin leant on him then bottled it. Poor poor decision from the referee, which a few of us said was wrong at the time  :mad:

Still, the only thing funnier than whining aggrieved Americans is whining aggrieved Aussies! :D

I thought it developed into a very good meeting after a few processional races at the start. Good crowd too. One in the eye for all you forum pessimists.

Task for today - write out 1,000 lines. I must not be such a pessimist. :D

Must admit Mr Shovlar and I were wrong (and others) but I'm quite happy to have been proved wrong and there was a brilliant crowd. Serves me right for leaving Leicester at my usual time for a league match so the car park was pretty chaotic when I eventually arrived at 6.50pm.

The queue to get in was horrendous but after failing to get in at my usual entrance (because Molly freaks out at turnstiles) I walked straight up to buy a ticket without joining the long queue. :shock: There was just one man in front of me. Heaven knows why others weren't going through this section and I fully expected to be pounced on for jumping the queue but nothing happened. Strange.

Just one thing that's bugging me at the moment - does anyone know the name of a Ford car beginning with T? :unsure: I noticed this one had the driver's window half down so reported it to the office and it was later mentioned over the tannoy.

I wrote the number plate down but thought I would remember what the car was. By the time I had got into the stadium I had completely forgotten. Nice car, probably a 2 litre and had an X at the end of the model name.