British Speedway Forum

Whats the delay? Now 19.35 and only just started doing the parade. Suppose to be finished at 22:00 on Sky, definatly going to run over.

Bit strange that Sky started at 7pm but the parade wasn't due to begin until 7.30pm. No wonder it ran over.

I thought it developed into a very good meeting after a few processional races at the start. Good crowd too. One in the eye for all you forum pessimists.

Task for today - write out 1,000 lines. I must not be such a pessimist. :D

Must admit Mr Shovlar and I were wrong (and others) but I'm quite happy to have been proved wrong and there was a brilliant crowd. Serves me right for leaving Leicester at my usual time for a league match so the car park was pretty chaotic when I eventually arrived at 6.50pm.

The queue to get in was horrendous but after failing to get in at my usual entrance (because Molly freaks out at turnstiles) I walked straight up to buy a ticket without joining the long queue. :shock: There was just one man in front of me. Heaven knows why others weren't going through this section and I fully expected to be pounced on for jumping the queue but nothing happened. Strange.

And no using Copy and Paste ok!

What you witnessed there was the great British tradition of people seeing a queue and joining it.

no i dont like nicholls cos he used to race for ipswich and kennett cos he rode for rye house thats why i dont like them  :)

Good excuse that............ :rolleyes:

i think you should hang onto that thought for a while, last night's score was no better than expected against some much weaker teams

Oh button it Steve Hone, as they say you can only race what you have got in front of you, they deserve some credit just like the danes do!! :P:angry::approve:

How to beat the queue...

I travelled with my mother and father in law (to be) and their friends so there were 5 of us in total. Upon arriving at the stadium my father in law (to be) handed me my "ticket" which said "Free Programme. This ticket does not allow entry to the event" :shock:

Given my wedding is 5 weeks away I chose to make light hearted conversation about trying to find the meeting on the radio on the journey home (inside I was :mad: ) whilst my father in law (to be) tried to negotiate entry at the VIP gate by explaining the situation. Needless to say it didn't work and we were told we'd have to queue (in the snake of people that stretched as far as Leicester) and pay :angry:

My father in law (to be), clearly embarrassed and angry at himself, walked to the front of the queue to ensure tickets were being sold on the door and was promptly waived to a turnstile booth with the four of us in tow and in we went beating the entire queue :shock:

My father in law (to be)'s friend sold 3 free programmes (yeah, we kept those "tickets") for £12 to help recoup my father in law (to be)'s loss which put him in a slightly better frame of mind.

Then I noted to my father in law (to be) at the end of the meeting that at £44 it was the most expensive lump of crumbling concrete I'd ever stood on :shock:

I wonder if my wedding is still on...?

Oh button it Steve Hone, as they say you can only race what you have got in front of you

and you'll be one jumping up and down celebrating on Saturday if GB do better than 4th, and if they don't you'll still be saying how brilliant they were to get there and how proud you are.

Just one thing that's bugging me at the moment - does anyone know the name of a Ford car beginning with T?  :unsure:  I noticed this one had the driver's window half down so reported it to the office and it was later mentioned over the tannoy.

I wrote the number plate down but thought I would remember what the car was. By the time I had got into the stadium I had completely forgotten.  Nice car, probably a 2 litre and had an X at the end of the model name.

Not sure what it was Gemini, it came through to the box as a FORD and a reg number, nothing else, racking my brains and cant think what it would be?

Who was the bloke with the Chris Harriss(sic) for prime minister flag and was it meant to be spelt incorrectly? :unsure:

So I should be saying what? That they are bloody crap if they don't come first? Do you think that of the Lynn boys when they come anywhere but first? If the british boys give their all, which I know they will do, but it's not enough, then so be it, try again next year. I hope they make ya choke on ya horlicks Saturday night :lol:

Excellent crowd last night and very vocal, proving that people will travel, even on a week day night. The track was very different to normal, we were worried when we saw Colin Meredith out there, the racing did get better, especially good from those riders willing to chase the dirt. Bomber and Scott were a bit too close to that fence for comfort at times though. Too many heats for my liking and it tends to drag a bit.

The Russians were good value and I was very surprised with Jonas, rode some very good races. Billy was poor, although felt he was unfairly excluded and was cut up a bit in another, still should have scored better though.

Good to see Scott getting back to his old self. Overall a good team effort from G.B. but let's not get too carried away. A full Swedish team would have pushed us very hard and the less than grippy track obviously suited Kennett & Lee more. It will be very interesting to see how we perform on Saturday, when we come up against 3 good teams.

Not sure what it was Gemini, it came through to the box as a FORD and a reg number, nothing else, racking my brains and cant think what it would be?

Model T !??

hope no one has this on sky plus...........half eight and we just completed heat 7, lets hope they recorded the next prog to

Mine carried on recording might have had something to do with SKY changing the finishing time :wink:

Cracking nights entertainment, and Well Done Eddie Kennett...nice to have an Ex Rocket in team GB

There's been a few ex-Rockets over the years that have raced with the Union Jack on their body colours :wink:

So as a Coventry fan I should not support GB because Richardson, Stead and Kennett don't ride for them. I should be pretty pissed off with the England football team as a Coventry FC fan. It's about your COUNTRY!!!!!!!

Oooooooo hiope you got a warning for swearing seeing as Mr T was lurking on here last night you should of done!

Funnily enough when they played the national anthem at Cardiff before the meeting i never heard any of the fans singing it either

Did you ear ear muffs on :unsure:

What does the  'E' stand for??

Egotistic!

I was right

Is it that time of year again already

Worst track at brandon for a long time

Lucky you don't ride then as that was not what Mr Louis said on SKY

and so it begins ....

I know it's not compulsary (sp) but it's what the Brits do best supporting their own just wondered why you see fit to cheer on another nation other than your own :unsure:

and you'll be one jumping up and down celebrating on Saturday if GB do better than 4th, and if they don't you'll still be saying how brilliant they were to get there and how proud you are.

If Trees doesn't I will be, comes down to being a fan of your countries team win or lose bit like we used to cheer you on all those years ago at Canterbury because you were part of our Junior Team even though we knew chances are you'd never finish the race :P

I know it's not compulsary (sp) but it's what the Brits do best supporting their own just wondered why you see fit to cheer on another nation other than your own  :unsure:

Here we go again, was waiting for that old chestnut to be brought up somewhere along the line. :D

If Trees doesn't I will be, comes down to being a fan of your countries team win or lose bit like we used to cheer you on all those years ago at Canterbury because you were part of our Junior Team even though we knew chances are you'd never finish the race  :P

Ouch that's low :shock: , but to be expected I suppose. :D

Edited by shooting star

I've not read the entire thread as I basically can't be bothered at the moment :P but just wanted to share basically what I thought of our riders and the other 3 teams.

Richardson - shaky start but got better and better, solid scoring after his first race and definitely looked more like the Lee Richardson of old.

Stead - not had the best of luck this season but definitely put that behind him, never expected a maximum so what he scored was very much welcomed, and I'm glad Middlo had different thinking to me when I said Steady should be left out to accomodate Howe.

Kennett - I was one of many who said he shouldn't be included and he proved us all so wrong, fine performance Kennett, and on a track he doesn't ride well!

Harris - got beaten once by Davidsson but even in that race would have been top value for money for anyone who was at Brandon, no grip on the track early on and he still manages to pass 2 or 3 riders on a bend :neutral: Brilliant stuff Bomber.

Nicholls - he is back. Fantastic night for Scotty and although he might not be doing it in the GPs at the moment he really looked like a different rider to who we've seen all season, brilliant.

Russia - the team to watch, they certainly were, was well impressed and I'll look forward to seeing a couple of those racing over here in the future, very entertaining.

USA - very much a one man team compared to the other 3 teams, Chris Kerr wasn't bad but Hancock was the only one really doing it.

Sweden - as if they weren't unlucky losing AJ, they lost Lindback after a few races, and I think had that not happened they'd have pushed us a lot harder.