British Speedway Forum

well from what i saw it was boring but then had to go hospital so sound like i didnt miss anything-got it on now and must admit im bored.

well done to JC considering the injury he's carring (ive been there) every little rut would have sent a shock of pain right up his left leg.

im not a scotty N fan buthe did better lastnight then all season in the GP's so maybe food poising is needed for some to improve :P

and NP well he was on fire hes got this in the bag unless (touch wood) he has some really bad things happen (cant bring myself to say the inj.... word)

56 - 36

Worky

KN 13

JW 12+2

TS 7+1

CS 11+2

BB 7+1

JB 6+2

Bears

GH 7

BT 0

JG 8

CK 7

MT 6+1

DG 4

BB 4+1

Nicki wins from Hampell, Holta and Nicholls

No, not posted in the wrong topic, post time around 20:40 hrs last night..........

Edited by topaz325

To be honest, i thought the meeting was abit boring really too! Not sure why!

There didn't seem an atmosphere there like in previous years! Or Maybe it was because i wasn't there, :lol:

The Track seemed very dangerous! Sorry to see Poor old AJ getting injured again! Not his year in the GPs with crashing!

I thought that was one of the worst GP's ever, the track was an absoloute disgrace, who ever prepared should be sacked.

I dont think I saw one passing move in the first 12 heats other than a mistake because of the ruts.

If Olsen thinks that sort of track is what is required he wants sacking.

Truly dreadful

Well done to Pedersen last he looked fantastic, Well done to Nicholls, Holta and Hampel to, I had sat there all night thinking NIcholls had rode very well on the line with the ruts and then it caught him out in the final.

Kudos to Crump he did really well, a credit to himself.

The thing was,they didn't seem to do anything about the ruts apart from go round in their tractors.Surely a bit more work than that can be done?

The thing was,they didn't seem to do anything about the ruts apart from go round in their tractors.Surely a bit more work than that can be done?

I would agree with that 100%.

Billy and Sam indicated that the track had a reputation for cutting up easily so the problem is a long-standing one which would appear to have been neglected for a similar length of time.

It was fortunate that AJ's accident, if you can call it that, was the only one. It is the riders who put their lives at risk and it is for them to demand that action should be taken. The ultimate sanction from them would be to refuse to ride if they consider it dangerous.

That was boring in the extreme. Track was diabolical. Nicki head and shoulders above everyone. Nicholls rode well, maybe he should consider fortnightly doses of the squits or hope his mentor rides on Saturday in the UK again, cos something worked :P

Sky coverage was very poor IMO, Millard his usual forgetful/unknowing self, American studio duo extrememly poor, bring back Chris Louis. Sky can get things right, Georgie whoever was a brilliant frontsperson, Sara in the pits is excellent, but Sky seem to revert back to the incompetent time after time :sad: .

Was I the only one totally sick of hearing about riders injuries ad nauseum. Once, fair enough but to go on an on, shows the total lack of something else to say. Also fed up with hearing that track conditions were bad. Yes they were, but fans knew that and newbies probably thought it was just an excuse for the p1ss poor action on track.

*cue the Sky are the sports saviours brigade telling us we never had it so good*

To answer them, that is no excuse for mediocre performances

Edited by Star Lady

Sky coverage was very poor IMO, Millard his usual forgetful/unknowing self, American studio duo extrememly poor, bring back Chris Louis. Sky can get things right, Georgie whoever was a brilliant frontsperson, Sara in the pits is excellent, but Sky seem to revert back to the incompetent time after time

Imo Greeny's ok in the pits imo but I like Steve Brandon better, the trouble is just what can you ask the riders different, answers are always very similar and of course we hear them about 10 times a season, 4 would be more than enough ;)

Disappointed with the winner :P Crumpy rode well considering his injury and the rutty track, was well pleased for Scott (hope his van started this morning!). I would like to know what happened to Adams, he was soooooooo slow after he changed bikes, he must of had trouble with his first bike??

Also,what happened to the well done Nicki thread? :o

Or are we only allowed "Boo hiss,accident waiting to happen" threads for Nicki? :unsure::blink::P

I missed about 6 heats, but on the plus side, in watching from heat 11ish onwards, I've got 3 of my friends interested in speedway.

:o I'll tell you what, if you got some friends interested after that meeting then you deserve a medal!

Andreas has broken his shoulder, that's what first diagnosis says. Going to Sweden now where he's gonna have an operation.. Out for coming matches then.

Ouch :( Get well soon Andreas :)

Nicholls rode well, maybe he should consider fortnightly doses of the squits or hope his mentor rides on Saturday in the UK again

The latter IMO :lol:

Nicki P now has one hand on the trophy, he needs something to seriously cock-up in each of the remaining rounds to lose that now. Adams was disappointing, as was Hancock, and Harris is the sort of rider who won't have a chance on a track like that.

Speaking of the track, just about every rider must have hit that rut, and poor Andreas Jonsson, through no fault of his own, ends up with a potentially serious injury. What a farce, get it sorted

Scott Nicholls, as Star Lady said, something worked for him tonight, to make the final was brilliant IMO, and that has put him back in the mix to get into that top 8. I think he must know now he needs to get in the top 8 to get back in next year. After a disappointing first race I just thought oh here we go again, but turned out to be a good meeting for him.

On the whole, I think the meeting was dull and boring and with any luck we'll never see a track prepared like that again in a GP. Fair enough there was some heavy rain before and during the meeting but where was the effort to sort the ruts?!

Edit - forgot to add.. when it was Cardiff a few weeks back, the biggest cheer of the night from our living room came when Bomber went over the finish line ahead of Hancock in the final. Last night, it was when Millard said "the man from Mildura". Never disappoints, our Millard :D

Edited by tigerblues

I thought that was one of the worst GP's ever, the track was an absoloute disgrace, who ever prepared should be sacked.

I dont think I saw one passing move in the first 12 heats other than a mistake because of the ruts.

If Olsen thinks that sort of track is what is required he wants sacking.

Truly dreadful

I think it is pretty difficult to turn what has been a consistent performer of a track down the years into one that rutted, had a deceiving top surface and had little grip in the right places....... no track should rut after 4 heats (even temporary!) and bend 4 quite frankly was dangerous

I am guessing that Ole Olsen was responsible and it is high time that he carried the can for some of these awful tracks ......... they are a bad advert for the sport and unsubtley usually suit the danes

The only thing that was got right last night was a good spread across the gates ..... but even then there were only 2 gates that were working at any given time (nicki p excepted)

Also,what happened to the well done Nicki thread?  :o

Or are we only allowed "Boo hiss,accident waiting to happen" threads for Nicki? :unsure:  :blink:  :P

I was wondering about that myself this morning,why was it removed???????????? :blink:

I am guessing that Ole Olsen was responsible and it is high time that he carried the can for some of these awful tracks ......... they are a bad advert for the sport and unsubtley usually suit the danes

The only thing that was got right last night was a good spread across the gates ..... but even then there were only 2 gates that were working at any given time (nicki p excepted)

Does anyone know how much Olsen has to do with the track preparation?

The Speedway Star Cardiff preview had a lengthy article on Colin Meredith and his prep of the Cardiff track with no mention of Ole and I remember when the Swedish GP had to be abandoned a few years ago it was the local track guys who took the rap.

bring back Chris Louis. Sky can get things right, Georgie whoever was a brilliant frontsperson, Sara in the pits is excellent, but Sky seem to revert back to the incompetent time after time :sad: .

Chris was far too busy showing us how to ride Arlington :D