British Speedway Forum
Phil

The Garry Stead Benefit “grand Prix”

15 riders confirmed for the main event...what chances on the 16th being Sean Wilson to add a few hudred to the gate. Other than that hopefully it is Chris Holder as the last name.

Says that they are trying to get a former World Champ, I reckon it is either Nicki Pedersen or Greg Hancock.

Says that they are trying to get a former World Champ, I reckon it is either Nicki Pedersen or Greg Hancock.

As these two and the rest of the GP entourage will be making the long trip to Latvia that day there isn't much chance of that.

If they are talking of ex-world champions then they must be thinking of Billy Hamill.

Have promised myself one trip to Owlerton this year, looks like this could be it.

15 riders confirmed for the main event...what chances on the 16th being Sean Wilson to add a few hudred to the gate. Other than that hopefully it is Chris Holder as the last name.

It will be a special day anyway, but if Sean were to ride it would be even better. I don't think he will but we can live in hope!

I also think the ex world champion will be Billy hamil and sean might take part in the 5 demonstration races featuring some of Garry’s recently retired competitors.

one man who said he would never ride a Speedway bike again will make an emotional return.  That man is Alan Mogridge

Moggo was at Rye last night getting in some practice laps. :)

The Association of Speedway Referees in conjunction with the Speedway Control Bureau are offering fans throughout the country a unique opportunity for one of them to spend a night “On the Button” with Preston based official Craig Ackroyd.

Fans will be able to bid electronically on line from August 1st in an Ebay auction to raise funds for the recently paralysed Garry Stead and the winner will assist

Ackroyd in his official capacity at the Garry Stead Benefit Grand Prix to be staged at Sheffield’s Owlerton Stadium on August 23rd.

Before his qualification as a Referee Craig was a keen motorcyclist and competed against Stead in Junior Grasstrack events, “My family have known Garry a long time” said Ackroyd “the serious injuries he sustained have been a shock to us and I just felt I had to do something to help. Hopefully this unique opportunity will raise funds and give one Speedway fan the opportunity of a lifetime, let’s be honest they all know better, now’s their chance to prove it”

That's a great gesture by Mr Ackroyd there, hope it raises a good amount and I hope whoever gets this oppurtunity has a great day :)