British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gaj2003

British Under 15's Championship 2007

How many are on 80cc's, there were no British entries in the championship this year ?

The 80cc class is popular in Scandinavia but I don't hear much about it in the UK.

Russia bought 60 new 80cc bikes (if the rumours are true) at the start of the season.

Edited by MARK246

As far as I know the this years under 15 championship has been cancelled.

According to Peter Oakes The 2007 Under 15's British Championship has not been cancelled and Dates for forthcoming rounds will be released soon.

My grandchildren have just started Grasstrack and are loving every minute of it. So can anyone suggest what I should do if either should show a particular talent for the sport and wish to go further. Nothing on this thread has encouraged me to think of speedway. BSPA? Huh. Until an organisation that really cares about the sport (rather than making/trying to make money from it) runs the U-15s, it seems that we can all forget it! :angry:

Nothing on this thread has encouraged me to think of speedway. BSPA? Huh. Until an organisation that really cares about the sport (rather than making/trying to make money from it) runs the U-15s, it seems that we can all forget it! :angry:

I couldn't agree more. I've been watching and riding speedway on and off since I was a young boy. I'm now 37 and my 9 year old son has started to show an interest in motorbikes. I actually put him off starting speedway and bought a motocross bike for him instead,(which he is loving) simply because of the way kids are treated in this sport of ours.

I can remember as a young teenager, maybe 14 or 15 years old, travelling hundreds of miles to get a few minutes track time at the end of a meeting.

We pay £20 for my son to ride at an organised and marshalled motocross track and he can stay out there from 10am until 4pm if his arms can take it! There are amateur clubs with all different levels of rider, graded on ability, engine size, age etc.

I don't remember being unhappy with the way I started out in speedway, but I do remember very often being frustrated and feeling like we were a nuisance to the promoters and trackstaff at the end of the meeting, getting in their way when they were trying to organise the clean up of the track, rather than maybe a future asset to the club.

If my son wants to start speedway at a later date that will be a choice to make then but for now, and certainly for a couple of years to come I'll do my best to keep him on the mx bike.

Don't know how many genuine 250 riders there are gonna be this year, there will probably be several 500 riders riding 250's though. THIS IS WRONG, if you are licenced to ride and have been riding a 500 then you should stay on a 500. Thought the 250's were to bring on the younger lads, not the riders with several years experience in riding 500's.

does anybody have peter oakes number ???? as i have been told by someone that if a rider does not turn up there maybe a chance to ride not sure if this is true but want to phone pete and find out as i am from weymouth and this would be a great way to have my first meeting

thank yu

jamie

Guest Christophers Dad
does anybody have peter oakes number ???? as i have been told by someone that if a rider does not turn up there maybe a chance to ride not sure if this is true but want to phone pete and find out as i am from weymouth and this would be a great way to have my first meeting

thank yu

jamie

I think you have to be under 15 on Jan 1st 2007 to ride in this event

Edited by Christophers Dad

The draw and line up .

BRITISH UNDER 15 CHAMPIONSHIP

Round One

1 Danny STONEMAN

2 John RESCH

3 Shane HAZELDEN

4 Richard FRANKLIN

5 Scott MEAKINS

6 Daniel GREENWOOD

7 Brendan JOHNSON

8 James SARJEANT

9 Kye NORTON

10 Jack BUTLER

13 Reserve

14 Reserve

Qualifying Race

R Montana JOWETT

B Michael BOVIS

G Chris BINT

Y

Winner goes to number 11, second to number 12, third to number 13, fourth to number 14.

Thanks for the list WW, and good luck to"Titch" :)

The draw and line up .

BRITISH UNDER 15 CHAMPIONSHIP

Round One

1 Danny STONEMAN

2 John RESCH

3 Shane HAZELDEN

4 Richard FRANKLIN

5 Scott MEAKINS

6 Daniel GREENWOOD

7 Brendan JOHNSON

8 James SARJEANT

9 Kye NORTON

10 Jack BUTLER

13 Reserve

14 Reserve

Qualifying Race

R Montana JOWETT

B Michael BOVIS

G Chris BINT

Y

Winner goes to number 11, second to number 12, third to number 13, fourth to number 14.

All the best Monty. :)

I see there is no Mark Owen or Dale Lamb I understand there is going to be a round at Workington can you confirm this? Thanks.