British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gaj2003

British Under 15's Championship 2007

I see there is no Mark Owen or Dale Lamb I understand there is going to be a round at Workington can you confirm this? Thanks.

I see your asking about Mark and Dale, but what about all the 250cc riders? Will there be any this year as I understand there is supposed to be a 250cc championship. Is Shane riding a 500cc or still on his 250cc, so Oaksy bends the rules again, and the BSPA and the refs look on!!!

What does everyone else think about the mixed capacities?

Thought I would add this to the topic:

Weymouth Wildcats Press Release

The Doonans Wildcats sensational victory over the Buxton Hitmen last week, has put them in good stead for this Fridays clash with south coast rivals – the Plymouth Devils. The Wildcats travel to the St Boniface Arena for a meeting that is a must win contest for both teams. With a place in the play-offs hanging in the balance there’s no room for error and the Wildcats narrow four point victory in the first leg, leaves the bonus point up for grabs but vulnerable. Phil Bartlett, Wildcats Chairman is confident of an away win in this highly charged local derby: “The Devils have lost their last two meetings and, after our awesome performance last week, confidence runs high in the Wildcats camp. We have a strong team to take to Plymouth and I am confident we can turn them over on their own shale.”

Weymouth’s home meeting this week switches to Saturday when they host the first round of the 2007 British Under 15’s Championships and so giving supporters the chance to see the stars of tomorrow. Always a highly competitive and exciting affair, fans are guaranteed thrills and spills aplenty. Amongst the line-up is talented local lad, Poole based Brendan Johnson, who goes into the meeting as one of the pre-meeting favourites. Ex-Wildcat Gordon Meakins progeny - Scott Meakins will be hoping to follow in his fathers footsteps, and Dad is sure to be on hand with help and advice on the Wessex Stadium circuit.

Weymouth Wildcats in conjunction with media partners – The Dorset Echo - are offering reduced admission for this fixture with money-off vouchers inside this weeks editions of the daily newspaper.

The Wildcats hit the road again on Sunday when they head to Kent where they will come face to face with the Sittingbourne Crusaders at their Old Gun Site. Wildcats away team manager Jem Dicken said, “With a thirty five point lead from the first leg we are confident of returning with all three points. However, a spirited one point victory over the play-off chasing Oxford Cheetahs earlier this month, shows that nothing can be taken for granted in Kent. Danny Warwick and hotshot Jerran Hart are both a force to be reckoned with and I would imagine that the Cheetahs were also confident of a comprehensive victory beforehand!”

Saturdays Under 15s meeting starts at 7.15pm, gates open at 6.00pm

Plymouth v Weymouth Line-ups Friday 31st August

1.S Stevens R/R

2.N Glanz

3.T Brown

4.R Smith

5.J Westacott

6.T Webster

7.B Hopwood

Weymouth

1.L Smart

2.N Irwin

3.J Herne

4.K Mason

5.D Giffard

6.S Hurst

7.T Day

British Under 15s Line up Saturday 1st September

1 Danny STONEMAN

2 John RESCH

3 Shane HAZELDEN

4 Richard FRANKLIN

5 Scott MEAKINS

6 Daniel GREENWOOD

7 Brendan JOHNSON

8 James SARJEANT

9 Kye NORTON

10 Jack BUTLER

13 Reserve

14 Reserve

Qualifying Race

R Montana JOWETT

B Michael BOVIS

G Chris BINT

Y

Winner goes to number 11, second to number 12, third to number 13, fourth to number 14

Sittingbourne v Wildcats Sunday 2nd September

Weymouth

1 Lee Smart

2 Nathan Irwin

3 Jay Herne

4r/r

5 Karl Mason

6Sam Hurst

7 Terry Day

8 Kyle Newman

Official Press Release by Julie Martin

Weymouth Wildcats Press Officer

Tel 07791998656

Clubcall Hotline : 09068 664663 For All The Latest Wildcats News & Results

Weymouth Wildcats Limited

www.wildcatsweymouth.co.uk

Guest Christophers Dad

Well Nigel Butler is a bit of a fat furker,but im aiming to achieve his capacity :D:D

Edited by Christophers Dad

I see your asking about Mark and Dale, but what about all the 250cc riders? Will there be any this year as I understand there is supposed to be a 250cc championship. Is Shane riding a 500cc or still on his 250cc, so Oaksy bends the rules again, and the BSPA and the refs look on!!!

As I understand it, No Marc Owen, No Rhys Naylor, No Adam Portwood,No Brendon Warvill (injured though) Not sure about Dale Lamb or Ashley Morris. As for mixed capacities? As long as the riders are capable should be ok I suppose, but as for riders of 500 also riding on 250's in the 250 championship (as I've heard a couple of riders have said they have been considering), Wrong

I was told at Oxford on Monday that the 250cc class have boycotted the series.

That was from Peter Oakes.

Anyone know why? There does seem to be a ''closed shop'',with a small group inviting certain riders,but not all.

Good luck to ALL riders in this years series.See you at Weymouth.

ashley morris has been invited to ride 250 in with 500 (like shane has) but he doesn t won t ride with 500 as he feel it could be unsafe in his opinion. There are alot of reasons why other 250 won t compete like lake of money in dads wallet to grasstrack comitments, plus some have comitted to ride elsewhere on saturday. If calander was released at start of season then i think that all 250 would have been there but tracks wouldn t comitt to the championships

Anyone know why? There does seem to be a ''closed shop'',with a small group inviting certain riders,but not all.

Hi Bobc

I am not sure were Peter has got his information from but to my knowledge he has had no conversations with the relevent parents my son being Rhys Naylor,Rhys recieved his letter inviting him to take part on 22.08.07 Weds this being due to local postal strike it said entries had to be in earlier that day or the rider would be classed as not wanting to ride.At no point has Peter Oakes spoke to us or contacted us he was at Lakeside Weds 22.08.07 also at Coventry 27.08.07 and made no attempt to speak or acknowledge Rhys in this day there is e-mail which I also am led to believe all the riders have oneI feel that as you are speaking for Mr Peter Oakes, I am now considering sending a copy of this to SCB/BSPA with offical complaint because I have for one have had enough of these comments, Mr Peter Oakes correct me if I am wrong is the youth devolopment officer.as for closed shop not the case everyone who owned a 250 was asked and those that said they wanted the ride at King'sLynn did.And to also let you know we get nothing in return for our riding unlike some of the others in the U-15s we have to take time of work and pay our own travelling expenses bike upkeep fuel and oil, I had written notifications that the 1st round due to take place earlier in July the day before,look forward to your reply

Edited by Tom N

To Bobc,

Regarding the 'boycott' of the 250cc, 1st, letters were received late or in our case not at all. The only reason we knew, was when we read a letter to another rider. No phone call or e-mail even though he has both of ours and we have a answer machine. 2nd, we made the long trip to Weymouth for it to be called off 5 minutes after we arrived as it was rained off for a second half and tried the following week to be beaten by the heavy summer traffic in preparation for the first abandoned match. These facts can be checked with Ian Mcleod, Phil the promoter and the other 60-70 people that were in the pits and the stadium at the time. All this was done at great expense and much hassle to try and get out of work on time. Does this seem to be the action of someone who is not interested in the under 15's Championship???

Obviously Shane and Ashley have been invited to ride with the 500cc, so who is running a 'closed shop'? Marc is more than capable of beating some of the 500cc, but hasn't been invited to ride with them, even though we would have turned them down on safety grounds, as did Phil and Ashley.

As most people concerned in speedway that we have spoken to are dead against it, trainers, professional riders and Alan Belham who sells them, are against it. The SCB rules even state all competitions and practises must be on the same capacity. Even if you got the top 10 trainers in the country, they can't put a 250cc and 500cc out together without breaking the rules and risking prosecution if things go wrong. Yet, its allowed to be done if Peter Oakes is standing in the pits, does this suddenly make the sport of speedway or the riders safer or better because of his presence!!!!

As for your other points I will answer these when I have calmed down and avail you all the facts of who appears to get the special treatment and favouritism, of certain peoples conduct and attitudes and unsportmanship like behaviour.

If this leaves those concerned with egg on their face or the position untainable then so be it.

Gordi

Well said Gordi. I fail to see how Mr Oakes can say we've boycotted the under 15's 250 championship. We have spent £1750 on an engine, £1300 on two rolling chassis (in case one gets damaged if/when Adam falls off), total £3000 last year on speedway alone, Adam also upgraded in grass track this year as well, another £2000 for that bike. Last Year we rode up and down the country with the under 15's more often than not with 1 or 2 days notice just so there was a decent showing of 250's. Did Adam get an invite to ride with the 250's at cardiff? No! Did Adam get asked for a walk around the pits to talk to his friends that were riding, get a feel for the atmosphere and the pressures of a big meeting? No! Did Adam feel left out and want to drop speedway like a hot brick? Yes. Did Adam say he wanted to concentrate on Grass and S*D the speedway? Yes. Tom,Rhys,Gorgi and Marc have been great for Adam they've got his passion for speedway back again. My question is this WHY would we after spending all that money, without the servicing on bikes and vans and the fuel to get around, boycott the very meetings that our lads want to do? ARE YOU MAD?

The Workington round confirmed to be held on 23rd September at Northside Training Track but run in by Workington Speedway with help from NSTT will post more details when i can.

To Bobc,

Regarding the 'boycott' of the 250cc, 1st, letters were received late or in our case not at all. The only reason we knew, was when we read a letter to another rider. No phone call or e-mail even though he has both of ours and we have a answer machine. 2nd, we made the long trip to Weymouth for it to be called off 5 minutes after we arrived as it was rained off for a second half and tried the following week to be beaten by the heavy summer traffic in preparation for the first abandoned match. These facts can be checked with Ian Mcleod, Phil the promoter and the other 60-70 people that were in the pits and the stadium at the time. All this was done at great expense and much hassle to try and get out of work on time. Does this seem to be the action of someone who is not interested in the under 15's Championship???

Obviously Shane and Ashley have been invited to ride with the 500cc, so who is running a 'closed shop'? Marc is more than capable of beating some of the 500cc, but hasn't been invited to ride with them, even though we would have turned them down on safety grounds, as did Phil and Ashley.

As most people concerned in speedway that we have spoken to are dead against it, trainers, professional riders and Alan Belham who sells them, are against it. The SCB rules even state all competitions and practises must be on the same capacity. Even if you got the top 10 trainers in the country, they can't put a 250cc and 500cc out together without breaking the rules and risking prosecution if things go wrong. Yet, its allowed to be done if Peter Oakes is standing in the pits, does this suddenly make the sport of speedway or the riders safer or better because of his presence!!!!

As for your other points I will answer these when I have calmed down and avail you all the facts of who appears to get the special treatment and favouritism, of certain peoples conduct and attitudes and unsportmanship like behaviour.

If this leaves those concerned with egg on their face or the position untainable then so be it. 

Gordi

Gordi,

Regarding the message above especially the end, would you be talking about the unsportmanship behaviour like the one I saw at Redcar last year when a 250cc rider shook the hand of all the riders, but turned his back when Mark offered his hand. What are the youngsters going to be like when they grow up if they have attitude like that now. His father, sorry not sure of his name, should straighten this lad out now!! Unless his father has the same attitude, I'm not sure, but this shouldn't happen with them at such a young age. You have to learn to loose occasionally.

Must go, am off to Weymouth.

The Workington Round will be 23rd September at Northside training track 3pm start addmision prices are

Adults £10

O.A.P`s & Concessions £5

Children under 15 Free accompanied by an Adult.

The Workington Round will be 23rd September at Northside training track 3pm start addmision prices are

Adults £10

O.A.P`s & Concessions £5

Children under 15 Free accompanied by an Adult.

Hi

Do you know the line up yet ?