British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gaj2003

British Under 15's Championship 2007

No sorry Monty will post as soon as I know, I take it you are riding?

Will get it and post it tomorrow. I will also post Instuctions how to get there I will test sat nav at the weekend when I go just to check it as I only live 1 1/2 miles from track.

Edited by trainer

Guest Christophers Dad
Does anybody have a postcode for Northside please?

;)

Never mind the postcode :o what country is it in :D

The postcode for the wind farm which is directly opposite the training track is

CA14 1NG this is also the same postcode for the Allerdale Motor Project which is right next to the track

I would think that this would get you there, the track is fairly simple to find and I would imagine every effort will be made to signpost the venue on the day

Edited by Liz !!!

The Post code posted by liz is correct it will take you staight to the track

The name of the road is Delta Drive (But there is no sign up saying so) It is down as unamed road

Instructions

Follow A66 to its end in Workington you will come to a set of trafic lights take right hand lane and turn right, follow this road for abour 1/2 a mile down a hill past the police station on left over the river.

At the roundabout take 1st exit for about 1/2 mile the river is on your left.

At Next roundabout take 1st exit signposted The Port of Workington follow road over hump backed bridge (railway) past oil depo on left 50 yards turn right hight restriction barrier this will be open.

Follow road over 4 speed humps track is on right sign says Alledale Motor Project.

I believe track will be signposted from the last roundabout.

From Scotland and North East Head to Carlisle Then take A595 and head to Cockermouth then follow signs for Workington(A66) then as above.

If you end up on A596 dont wory just follow it to Workington when you pass Dunmail park on left 1/4 mile you come to a roundabout take 3rd exit for The Port Of Workington then as above.

Edited by trainer

Guest Christophers Dad

Where there be any Methanol on sale? and for my "Chubby" friend Nigel Butler any food outlets selling pies :D

I fully realise its all of 3 days away but does anybody have a clue of the line up for this meeting :o

Guest The Sceptic
The Workington Round will be 23rd September at Northside training track 3pm start addmision prices are

Adults £10

O.A.P`s & Concessions £5

Children under 15 Free accompanied by an Adult.

As very good friend of one of the riders family,can i ask how it can be justified charging £10.00 per adult to watch a Under 15 event at what at the best can be described a Training Track with very basic facilities ?

If the track promotion intends paying the riders expences for travelling out of the gate money it would seem reasonable .

But then thats just being Sceptical :blink:

Where there be any Methanol on sale? and for my "Chubby" friend Nigel Butler  any food outlets selling pies  :D

I fully realise its all of 3 days away but does anybody have a clue of the line up for this meeting  :o

I have it on good authority that whilst on the way to FITNESS FIRST today, you called into a certain chip shop for your daily diet suppliment and were asked if you wanted a pensioners portion :lol: Something I know you usually get off the internet :lol:

Guest Christophers Dad
I have it on good authority that whilst on the way to FITNESS FIRST today, you called into a certain chip shop for your daily diet suppliment and were asked if you wanted a pensioners portion :lol: Something I know you usually get off the internet  :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Guest Christophers Dad
As very good friend of one of the riders family,can i ask how it can be justified charging £10.00 per adult to watch a Under 15 event at what at the best can be described a Training Track with very basic facilities ?

If the track promotion intends paying the riders expences for travelling out of the gate money it would seem reasonable .

But then thats just being  Sceptical  :blink:

It would be nice but i very much doubt it will happen :o:o

I visited the Training Track recently and this is what I observed.

The Training Track has been lent to Workington Speedway who are running the event.Workington Speedway have invested moneys to bring the track up to spec so it can be used as a SCB official training track as with Reading Scunny etc.As Sheffield did not want to invest it was closed down !!

Red Lights,Christmas tree,Refs Box,etc have all been supplied by Working ton Speedway and the track was inspected and given the thumbs up.

As the club will not be charging for competitors to enter the gate moneys are to pay for the Paramedics Ambulance Trophys Permit etc etc.

The track is being made larger on turns 1 and 2 after the under 15's event and will include a banking that will make the little track ride faster.Obviously a little extra money in the kitty will help pay for the digger and shale.

A track Spares van in the shape of Grandad Little (Kevins Dad) will be present along with a burger van for you fatties.

Overall impressions are that this is the best training facility in the country and to master this track is not easy but it will teach the youngsters all they need to know.Its a pity it is so far away for many although once your jockey has ridden on it you become hooked.The last 40 miles once off the M6 seems to take ages with Caravans and Hikers all taking in the superb scenery.Look for the Wind Farm as you get near.Bring your Hats and and gloves as it is on the coast and will get cooler as the day wears on. Judith who runs the track and her staff are warm and friendly so be sure to meet them all and thank them for their efforts.

See you all Sunday.

Phil and Dan Greenwood