British Speedway Forum

I thought it was a very good meeting, the racing at times was excellent most of that after the interval. James Wright was deserved winner, he was quite brilliant and to be honest half way through the meeting i thought he could win it he looked very good. Jason Lyons out of all the riders looked the quickest, but in several heats he missed the gate, including the grand final, if only he made a better gate :approve:. I wasnt surprised about jason doing well hes been in awesome form recently. What i was surprised about was Jac Rempalas third place, especially after his first two rides. Hes wasnt great earlier on, but got better and better as the meeting wore on. After the season berwick have had, at least now they had a bit of success. It was a night of shocks with quality riders like woffinden, holder, topinka and compton failing to reach the final. Holder must be disapointted, his gating was good but he looked slow compared to when i have seen him before. His ride in the semi final was awful, and was comfortably beaten. I still think he will be a sucess in the elite league. The race of the night was no doubt heat 14, compton finally looked good and so did Chris Kerr, with the talent of Tai it was a great race ,kerr and compton neck and neck with the lead changing a few times. Woffinden in third place was the quicker and was trying hard to win it. great race.

My first time at swindon and was impressed with the stadium and the track. good to see lots of fellow brummie fans there and making lots of noise. Every team had good representation of fans, more brummie, somerset, newport and sheffield i would say. Sorry to hear about the fans and jason king that were stuck on the M4 that missed the meeting. My journey down the M5, A419, A417 was smooth there and back. Well done james wright

Edited by Brummie Kev

In a way, Rempala sneaking through the semi and getting to the final isn't that much of a surprise, as nearly every year a rider that nobody mentions tends to do quite well.

SCB, if you like him that much, Newport may be able to snap him up for next season to ride with Rajek, as I don't think many Berwick fans want him back. ;)

Had a brilliant evening..... stuck on the fookin M4 all night! Tremendous.

A shame what happened, but while the police fiddle with their plonkers is it really necessary to shut a busy section of motorway for over 7 hours after a one off incident involving one car? Not really, but thats the old bill for you.

Surprising winner no doubt. Wright hasn't exactly excelled away from Derwent Park or looked to have progressed much this season so surprising.

A shame what happened, but while the police fiddle with their plonkers is it really necessary to shut a busy section of motorway for over 7 hours after a one off incident involving one car? Not really, but thats the old bill for you.

Surprising winner no doubt. Wright hasn't exactly excelled away from Derwent Park or looked to have progressed much this season so surprising.

You obviously have no idea what goes on at accidents especially serious ones,the M/Way would need to be closed whilst the AIP carry out there forensic work to determine the cause of the crash,speak to any present witnessess ect,ect,ect,as for fiddleling with thier plonkers,i'm affraid the only plonker is you,my friend.

You obviously have no idea what goes on at accidents especially serious ones,the M/Way would need to be closed whilst the AIP carry out there forensic work to determine the cause of the crash,speak to any present witnessess ect,ect,ect,as for fiddleling with thier plonkers,i'm affraid the only plonker is you,my friend.

Totally agree mate.

Rubbish meeting :(

Very little passing and the track no-where near as good as it was for the 3 Coventry meetings there this season.

Wrighty deserved his win so fair play, nice to see a young English rider doing well. Still yet to be absolutely amazed by Chris Holder. Good but really not that special. Has either looked very average or very out of control the times I've seen him ride.

It sounds as though I got away fairly lightly. I was stuck 15 miles east of Junction 14 (Hungerford, I think) from 17.00 until 18.15. At that time there was no prospect whatever of getting to the track until aft6er the meeting had finishes.

The reason for the delay is that they closed the M4 to allow rescue helicopters to land on it. The tailback eventually reacher Junction11 (Reading). I was sitting there cursing them like everyone else, but when you hear about the outcome of the accident it puts missing a speedway meeting into perspective.

Strangely enough that's both the PLRC and the PL Pairs (at Somerset) affected by road crash problems this year. Given just how often these things seem to happen in southern England (there was a 60-mile tailback on the M25 one day last week) I can't help but wonder whether the planners might do well to consider venues a bit further north next year (Coventry, maybe?) After all, a couple of hundred people missing from the gate at last night's meeting doesn't really make any sense at all.

On behalf of Jason King and Mildenhall may I apologise for his non-appearance at Swindon. You cannot anticipate a motorway being closed like this in tragic circumstances with thoughts going out to the family involved in the fatality. Jason did all he could to get there and we were in constant contact as I let the referee and the BSPA representatives know the situation.

At least Chris Schramm , who took his rides is a Mildenhall asset!!

I have the special tyre Jason would have used and will be auctioning this off to the highest bidder towards his fine!

His van was finally turned around on the M4 not long after the Final --some 5 and a half hours or so after he had to stop.

Edited by Main Man

A very poor crowd at the Abbey last night, and the racing wasn’t much better to be honest. Like Silver Bee, I agree that the track was unrecognisable from the one that had served up such a treat last Monday, although with such a range of talents on display, I guess that it was no surprise that some of the heats ended up so spaced out.

Wright was certainly a deserved winner, clearly benefiting from his previous Abbey experience as he knew all the racing lines. Gate 3 was once again working like a dream, and he used it to full advantage in the final, bursting clear and never looking threatened from then on. Lyons, backed by a healthy contingent of Brummies, also impressed and deserved his place on the podium with surprise package Rempala in third.

Holder and Woffinden were major disappointments, with Chris in particular barely recognisable from the rider that had so impressed in the World Cup. 2 heat wins from 6 outings tells its own story. Compton was also way below par, while Complin did a fantastic impression of Balinski – looking like he could crash at any moment, and having a couple of close encounters with the fence. He was certainly exciting, but definitely needs some good health insurance! :o

Unluckiest rider of the night was certainly Laukkanen who scored a creditable 7 from his 3 completed outings and suffered an engine failure (when second) and a tapes exclusion in his other 2. With better fortune he could even have made it a 1-2-3 for the past and present Aces, and given King Jamie and his pals something to cheer. ;)

Finally, it was good to meet a few more Forum faces last night. Let’s hope I don’t regret telling SCB that I’m going to walk out of Brandon tonight if Janniro wins Heat 1. :blink:

Twaddle.

How on earth has the great man "single handedly" killed the Bandits?

He sure as hell didn't help it , and this meeting only adds to what the majority of Bandits fans have said all year, Jac has the ability but just fails to deliver for Berwick , he must have fancied the glory of this either that or a sponsor had put a decent cash bonus on for him winning it.

As a baby girl was killed in said crash I would suggest that your posting has made you look the biggest 'plonker' of them all :mad:

A very poor crowd at the Abbey last night,

What do you expect when some people decide to start the meeting at 6pm on a sunday, people in work early on a monday morning, other people like me back at university...if if had started at 2pm then maybe more would have turned up!!

I totally agree Sean; even 4pm would have been better. I'm sure that's when the ELRC has normally started when it's been on a Sunday?

Most Swindon fans were keeping their cash for tonight, and a Midlands venue such as Monmore or Brandon would definitely have been better geographically for many of the fans.

Edited by Seb the Snail

Not to mention the line up was absolutely garbage!

The fact that the winner barely scrapes a point on hi EL visits shows the almighty chasm between the leagues.

Edited by frigbo

Not to mention the line up was absolutely garbage!

The fact that the winner barely scrapes a point on hi EL visits shows the almighty chasm between the leagues.

To be fair injuries cant be helped, but i must admit i used to love this match as i say , when sean wilson, carl, shields and carr were doing battle to name a few. But now i think like many other matches its lost that special something. :unsure: