British Speedway Forum

WELL DONE WRIGHTY!!

Shame there was not more Workington fans there to see it :(

I must agree with Silver Bee and Seb . Thought it was a poor meeting with not much atmosphere . Good to see some familier faces of course and James Wright was a worthy winner ( although i wanted Lyonsy to win ) . Bring these things back up north next year , cause i'm shattered today . :D

Had a brilliant evening..... stuck on the fookin M4 all night! Tremendous.

A shame what happened, but while the police fiddle with their plonkers is it really necessary to shut a busy section of motorway for over 7 hours after a one off incident involving one car? Not really, but thats the old bill for you.

Surprising winner no doubt. Wright hasn't exactly excelled away from Derwent Park or looked to have progressed much this season so surprising.

When my son was killed in a hit and run the road was closed off for over 8 hours. It was by carrying out such detailed forensic examination of the scene that the police were able to trace the driver responsible.

I would hope people would be understanding on such occasions, not insensitive as you come across!

What do you expect when some people decide to start the meeting at 6pm on a sunday, people in work early on a monday morning, other people like me back at university...if if had started at 2pm then maybe more would have turned up!!

Spot on - it should have been 2 o clock . We got back into Glasgow at 5 a.m. and i start work at 7-30 a.m. Had to take a half day as i was shattered :blink:

Totally agree should have been an afternoon meeting.3+ hrs from Norfolk but what about fans from up north 5/6/7hrs maybee.No doubt many did not travel because of this.Yes looked to be a poor attendance(know some were stuck on the M4).Well done to James at least a young british winner.No impressed with the racing.Inside gates a distinct disadvantage all meeting.

When my son was killed in a hit and run the road was closed off for over 8 hours.  It was by carrying out such detailed forensic examination of the scene that the police were able to trace the driver responsible.

I would hope people would be understanding on such occasions, not insensitive as you come across!

myself and mr and mrs phoenix were in a car about 500 yards behind the accident and i totaly agree with you, it is so sad that a baby has been killed and it puts all our moans into perspective and if the time was spent sorting out the facts then so be it, the only thing that may have helped the situation is if we had been kept informed of what was happening and police could have done this useing cars loud hailer as it drove past but this is just a minor gripe

WELL DONE WRIGHTY!!

Shame there was not more Workington fans there to see it  :(

True, would have liked to have been there but work comitments and Swindon on a Sunday night, says it all, a long way from Worky. :blink:

Had a brilliant evening..... stuck on the fookin M4 all night! Tremendous.

A shame what happened, but while the police fiddle with their plonkers is it really necessary to shut a busy section of motorway for over 7 hours after a one off incident involving one car? Not really, but thats the old bill for you.

Surprising winner no doubt. Wright hasn't exactly excelled away from Derwent Park or looked to have progressed much this season so surprising.

Like you we were stuck in the same jam for nearly 5 hours. Unlike you, you p**** I feel that my failure to get there is totally insignificant when we are talking about the loss of a very young life. I can always go to another speedway meeting; something that poor baby can't.

I hope you are pleased you toss*r

More proof that neutral venues don't work - Sheffield have had healthy crowds for this meeting in the past and is bloody easy to get to via the M1.

Five year plan should now be put into plan with Tracks decided for these events and stuck to.

Well done Jimmy - must now step up to the EL full time and progress at that Level.

Rubbish meeting :(

Very little passing

Why complain, as an EL fan you should be used to that week-in-week-out. :blink:

More proof that neutral venues don't work - Sheffield have had healthy crowds for this meeting in the past

Speedway Dan, do I detect sour grapes because Sheffield man Compton didn't win?

when sean wilson, carl, shields and carr were doing battle to name a few.

Its a different PL now unfortunately. :(

Wright hasn't exactly excelled away from Derwent Park or looked to have progressed much this season so surprising.

Yes, not much progress, just proved he can average nigh-on ten points a meeting, and won the Riders' Championship on a completely neutral track. Weird, that. :rolleyes:

Edited by roo

And hungover?  :blink:  :P

Those nice Newport people are a bad influence on me . :D