British Speedway Forum

Yeah because we never see passing watching Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls week in week out  :rolleyes:

And I suppose PL riders such as Wright and Holder can't pass?

And I suppose PL riders such as Wright and Holder can't pass?

Well Holder really did impress me with his passing abilities on Sunday :rolleyes:

Chris Kerr made more passes than Holder :blink:

Its hard to generalise a rider over one meeting.

Speedway Dan, do I detect sour grapes because Sheffield man Compton didn't win?

I couldn't care less if Compton didn't win - I'm not a Sheffield fan and wouldnt give a monkeys if Compton wasn't even in the thing.

Sheffield HOWEVER is the best suited to hold this type event - has been well supported in the past and generaly provides an entertaining meeting one way or the other.

Yeah because we never see passing watching Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls week in week out  :rolleyes:

If you'd had your way a couple of years ago Harris would be back in the PL - that was, after all, where you felt he belonged.

As for the former British champion - just bully boy tactics rather than skill involved in most of his overtaking.

Spot on regarding neutral venues.

With all due respect the likes of Kerr, Leverington, Kramer and Schramm amongst others were hardly going to drag the locals out from their Sunday afternoon kips.

I believe it was the right decision to move these events to neutral venues this season it gets rid of the home track advantage. Swindon is a good race track as are many throughtout the country, i don't see the problem with the plrc being at swindon this year.

Or not, as he is currently playing live in the Final with a strapped up wrist...

Apologies then for getting it wrong :oops:

No doubt it's easier to play football with an injured wrist than it is to ride speedway.

And well done James Wright on his win :)

Heh.

And reading this thread another inter-league problem becomes apparent...

EL fans comment on the bad riding when watching a PL meeting. And vice versa. Then the little league jibes come in. :rolleyes:

Well done to *all* the riders, I know I wasnt there, but these meetings are somewhat unpredictable. Its nice to see that the one everyone expected, ie Chris Holder, didnt make the final, and there were a few surprises, ie Jac Rempala. ;)

Edited by rhidassa

I have not read the previous posts, sorry if this has already been mentioned :P

me and my dad decided to go to Swindon for the first time to watch an event we had also never been to, we was originally going to leave at 1 (not knowing how long it would take to get there) instead left at 2. We came to a stop on the motorway about 4, and was stuck there for 4 hours (enjoyable). It was rumoured that the accident was about 3, so if only we would have left a 1 :P

It was no shock to us knowing James Wright had won it, he must have ridden Swindon at least once this year.

And reading this thread another inter-league problem becomes apparent...

EL fans comment on the bad riding when watching a PL meeting. And vice versa.

No, my comment was about lack of passing, which was down to the track as much as anything.

I have not read the previous posts, sorry if this has already been mentioned :P

me and my dad decided to go to Swindon for the first time to watch an event we had also never been to, we was originally going to leave at 1 (not knowing how long it would take to get there) instead left at 2. We came to a stop on the motorway about 4, and was stuck there for 4 hours (enjoyable). It was rumoured that the accident was about 3, so if only we would have left a 1  :P

It was no shock to us knowing James Wright had won it, he must have ridden Swindon at least once this year.

Tai Woffinden has rode swindon this year yet only got 7,i just think james wright was the best rider on the night,nothing to do with past track experience.

Tai Woffinden has rode swindon this year yet only got 7,i just think james wright was the best rider on the night,nothing to do with past track experience.

No it doesnt really have an affect, but it was no shock never the less.

Well done James Wright (Elmside rider :wink: )

Those nice Newport people are a bad influence on me . 

And me, very sore head this morning :blink: