Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Can't understand why this meeting has been moved to a Sunday for the last 10 years surley it should be on a Saturday night then the start time is irrelivant.

And me, very sore head this morning  :blink:

Hope that was the drink that caused that and not myself and Dai Lager murdering " Flower of Scotland " . :blink::wink:

to all the poor unfortunates who got stuck on the motorways,, YOU HAD A RIGHT TOUCH !!.

If the most boring load of mince i have ever seen,utter rubbish.

Nothing to do with the riders tbf,just the usual one line swindon motorway,garbage.

Bit surprised Wright won it, I was adamant it would be Holder tbh :o Still fairplay to him as he sounded like the best on the night and nice to see young, British rider doing well.

Also, I'd be annoyed if I had gone down to support my team's rider and if any Sheffield fans did go I'd be interested to hear their feedback on Andre's awesome score :blink:

Bit surprised Wright won it, I was adamant it would be Holder tbh :o Still fairplay to him as he sounded like the best on the night and nice to see  young, British rider doing well.

Also, I'd be annoyed if I had gone down to support my team's rider and if any Sheffield fans did go I'd be interested to hear their feedback on Andre's awesome score :blink:

Maybe he's just not took these events seriously . Certainly hasn't looked like a 10 point rider in any of the superseven events . Might still be angry about the British Final snub .

Maybe he's just not took these events seriously . Certainly hasn't looked like a 10 point rider in any of the superseven events . Might still be angry about the British Final snub .

I never thought of that. Good point.

You obviously have no idea what goes on at accidents especially serious ones,the M/Way would need to be closed whilst the AIP carry out there forensic work to determine the cause of the crash,speak to any present witnessess ect,ect,ect,as for fiddleling with thier plonkers,i'm affraid the only plonker is you,my friend.

I read the posts on here about the obvious tragedy and Bob C summed it up perfectly before we knew a baby girl hed been killed, then the following comments from Islanders fans who had a nightmare 12 hours wasted but put it into perspective and then low and behold you get this post from Chris the forum number one pratt. What a dik. :mad:

That does not wear with me, there were alot of Sheffield fans who went down to support him, so if that was the reason then he has gone the wrong way about it.

To be honest, only Andre knows the true answer.

i was one of the unfortunate people stuck on the motorway, having travelled up from the isle of wight and getting so close to the meeting, pav and crouch were a few cars up so we were updated on how holder was doing which was a bit of luck.

we managed to get through the traffic and into the stadium just in time for the last race.

congratulations to james wright.

on are way back we pulled into a service station and saw james king, he came and asked if we managed to get there and who had won. hopefully they raise quite a bit from auctioning his tyre if he is stung with a fine for not appearing as someone said earlier as that is plain stupid, he did his best to get ther.

come on noddy and the islanders lets win these playoffs

yeah is there any photos available of the event and will there be a dvd of the match???

Well done to wrighty on winning the PLRC a suprise winner by all accounts. We all have theories why Andre has done so badly in super seven events this season and i know i dont ride a bike before anyone says that but surely his commitment must be questioned. The number of teams for next season that dont include Andre which have been posted must tell you all something or give people hints!!

yeah is there any photos available of the event and will there be a dvd of the match???

re-run filmed all the super7even events

More proof that neutral venues don't work - Sheffield have had healthy crowds for this meeting in the past and is bloody easy to get to via the M1.

Five year plan should now be put into plan with Tracks decided for these events and stuck to.

Well done Jimmy - must now step up to the EL full time and progress at that Level.

Swindon is bloody easy to get to along the M4, apart from the poor family that had a tyre blow out on them, causing all 6 lanes to be shut for a time.

Don't you also think that the crowd would've been far healthier if the crash hadn't happened? A conservative estimate would be about 10,000 people stuck on the motorway, and if 5% of them were fans, well you do the maths.

Agree that perhaps things like this should be on their own leagues tracks though, to make sure of a healthy crowd, and if it was on some sort of rota between tracks in the league, then it might go some way to eliminate home bias'

As it happened, sounds like a good job we missed the meeting, no noddy in the final, and more passing on a gridlocked motorway :blink:

On behalf of Jason King and Mildenhall may I apologise for his non-appearance at Swindon.

not sure there's any need for an apology given the circumstances but thanks for making the effort anyway!

Had to take a half day as i was shattered

i took Monday and Tuesday off :lol:

Also, I'd be annoyed if I had gone down to support my team's rider and if any Sheffield fans did go I'd be interested to hear their feedback on Andre's awesome score

i blame his mechanic ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, had an excellent evening in the company of Seb the Snail (all night) and Grachan (most of the night). was also good to see again / meet for the first time SCB, Silver Bee, Jotrez, a very shy (and startled!) najjer, Iffoid and the PoS chaps and chapesses who actually made it, namely Foldsey, Leigh and Ruckeroo.

sadly, i have to agree with those who said the racing was somewhat poor. i've never been a great fan of the Swindon track but, having watched the EL play off Final last Monday, i hoped it might have changed for the better.

hats off to young Mr Wright - a thoroughly deserved win. at least p1shy Nermark didn't win, even if i did 'land' him in the sweep :blink:

Kaj with a j was a tad unlucky to only score 7. kinda sums up our year :rolleyes:

apart from that, i have to say the Blunsdon chicken burger was bl00dy awful... sack the chef!

and the event as a whole? i can only repeat what i've said before... super7even - same sh1te, different banner :(