British Speedway Forum

congratulations to james wright.

on are way back we pulled into a service station and saw james king, he came and asked if we managed to get there and who had won. hopefully they raise quite a bit from auctioning his tyre if he is stung with a fine for not appearing as someone said earlier as that is plain stupid, he did his best to get ther.

I quite agree, Jason King should not be fined for this. :angry:

apart from that, i have to say the Blunsdon chicken burger was bl00dy awful... sack the chef!

and the event as a whole? i can only repeat what i've said before... super7even - same sh1te, different banner :(

Always a complaint, KJ? :lol:

congratulations to james wright.

on are way back we pulled into a service station and saw james king, he came and asked if we managed to get there and who had won. hopefully they raise quite a bit from auctioning his tyre if he is stung with a fine for not appearing as someone said earlier as that is plain stupid, he did his best to get ther.

I quite agree, Jason King should not be fined for this. :angry:

If Jason gets fined for this it is absolutely shocking...

Firstly, ban from the forum Chris the idiot who was "unfortunately stuck in the tragedy on the M4" - Maybe it's only a little consolation that it wasn't the only thing he was stuck in, as to also have his head up his own ar$e stopped him from seeing the true scale of the tragedy.

Ridiculous if Jason King is fined for this. How can you predict something like that happening?

From an Edinburgh point of view, Kaj was very unlucky, and would've easily made the semi final. Some of the moves on turn 1 & 2 were as good as any on the night.

For the meeting? After turn 2, then it was processional with the odd exception. But Turn 1 & 2 is what a lot of it is about and some of the moves made, were classic to watch. Messr's Wright, Woffinden, Laukkanen and Lyons - take a bow.

Also surprised, like many that the likes of Holder etc. didn't trouble the finalists, but you can only have 4 men in the final and they were all there on merit through the evening.

Congratulations to James Wright.

Venue... Ok, if it needed to be Swindon, then why oh why, have it at 6pm on a Sunday? This (excluding the M4 incident) was the reason for the low gate. Surely buses would've run from the Northern tracks if it was on a Saturday or even earlier on a Sunday. How can you justify going to a meeting when you need to get back to work the next day with probably 1 or 2hrs sleep maximum?

Still a believer that it should be on a neutral track, but in a more central location. Surely if the Super7 is the way to promote the sport, then it should also look at a track - ala Millenium stadium (Yeah, ok, not so extravagant) to run all these meetings on? Hire football stadium in the Midlands and transform it? Then everything is neutral...

Only reason it should go back to Sheffield is if they move elite league next year!!!!

Still a believer that it should be on a neutral track, but in a more central location. Surely if the Super7 is the way to promote the sport, then it should also look at a track - ala Millenium stadium (Yeah, ok, not so extravagant) to run all these meetings on? Hire football stadium in the Midlands and transform it? Then everything is neutral...

cost? :unsure:

Not a bad meeting tonight although it was fairly apparent that most of the field had not ridden the track before.
As an educated guess, it's only Nermark, Kerr and Holder who have never rode there before. One made the final, one was 6th and Chris Kerr had one amazing race!

Wrighty a worthy winner, however I can't help thinking that any of the finalists could have won if they had been able to choose gate three  :unsure:
I know you're not complaining but it should be pointed out to people, he EARNED that gate 3 in his 5 programmed riders by winning (or nearly winning) off all 4 gates. Everyone had a even (more or less) chance of getting the good gates (ok, who ever had 2 of gate 3 or 4 had a better chance than the poor sods who got 2 of gate 2!!!)

How many times have you seen him ride?
About 8 or 9 times now. He's entertained me, wowed me, left me scratching my head, impressed me and made me wonder if I'm watching the same rider two races running every time I think! Subedeis name for him is spot on!

SCB, if you like him that much, Newport may be able to snap him up for next season to ride with Rajek, as I don't think many Berwick fans want him back. ;)
I've seen Newport ride once since last June and that was at Brum, I'd welcome him to Coventry if he fitted in (or Auty and/or Roynon wanted another year in the PL)

Its hard to generalise a rider over one meeting.

Not really. This thread is about the PLRC, so generalising about it on this thread is not harsh, it's actually the whole idea ;)

Seb, youn were able to stay at Brandon then. I bet you wish Billy had won heat 1 now :D

As an educated guess, it's only Nermark, Kerr and Holder who have never rode there before.  One made the final, one was 6th and Chris Kerr had one amazing race!

Nermark and Holder have both been there before, despite Nermark saying he hadn't in the SS this week! :rolleyes:

He rode in a Swedish u-21 side alongside the likes of Bergstrom, Kramer, Late Kenny Olsson and the mighty Tobias Johansson back in the early 2000's when we were Prem League.

Edited by frigbo

That would depend on the stadium that you hired ;)

Was just a thought... Surely it gets rid of the squabbles between PL and EL every year... How about the fact that a training track is used? That'd separate the men from the boys!

Come on KJ, where's your sense of adventure?

That would depend on the stadium that you hired  ;)

Was just a thought... Surely it gets rid of the squabbles between PL and EL every year... How about the fact that a training track is used? That'd separate the men from the boys!

Or use Buxton...that WOULD seperate the men from the boys! :P

i'm far too old for that :wink:

Or use Buxton...that WOULD seperate the men from the boys!

James Wright would still win :P

i'm far too old for that

Oh dear, that's the beginning of the end Gary! Are u sure you're name is Gary, it's not very scottish is it, James would be much better haha

Like I say big fast track will suit Andre Compton, I

Don't take up forecasting for a living, Spinny. :D

I thought it was a very good meeting, the racing at times was excellent most of 

You are having a laugh.

Rubbish meeting :(

Agrree completely. Gaters paradise of a track, crap racing. Watching Wuffy, Holder & Complin trying to get something out of that track was painful.

A very poor crowd at the Abbey last night

What do you expect when some people decide to start the meeting at 6pm on a sunday, people in work early on a monday morning, other people like me back at university...if if had started at 2pm then maybe more would have turned up!!

Spot on. Bloody stupid time to hold it.

Not to mention the line up was absolutely garbage!

At least there were 16 PL riders in our meeting, we didn't have to pack it out with those from a lower league (unlike others) and all those missing had reason not to be there.

More proof that neutral venues don't work - Sheffield have had healthy crowds for this meeting in the past and is bloody easy to get to via the M1.

Sheffield HOWEVER is the best suited to hold this type event - has been well supported in the past and generaly provides an entertaining meeting one way or the other.

Neutral venues do work. What do you expect if you hold it at 6pm on a Sunday ? Why not Saturday night or Sunday afternoon ? The fact that at least three coaches and countless other fans were trapped on the M4 didn't help.

Sheffield ? You're having a laugh. Most biased track in the league. The only one who would want it there would be Compton, and look how he did at Swindon.

Don't take up forecasting for a living, Spinny. :D

You are having a laugh.

Agrree completely. Gaters paradise of a track, crap racing. Watching Wuffy, Holder & Complin trying to get something out of that track was painful.

Spot on. Bloody stupid time to hold it.

At least there were 16 PL riders in our meeting, we didn't have to pack it out with those from a lower league (unlike others) and all those missing had reason not to be there.

Neutral venues do work. What do you expect if you hold it at 6pm on a Sunday ? Why not Saturday night or Sunday afternoon ? The fact that at least three coaches and countless other fans were trapped on the M4 didn't help.

Sheffield ? You're having a laugh. Most biased track in the league.  The only one who would want it there would be Compton, and look how he did at Swindon.

Must admit that my forecast was not very good, but Ihave forgiven Andre after last night performance against Kings Lynn.

here we go again

How is sheffield biased?,,its not at all IMO just a team that can ride it and ride it well at that,i don't really see how a track can be overly biased tbh,its just that some riders turn up either beaten already or don't pit in the effort to beat the home boys :rolleyes: