British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Backtrack 22

We're working on issue 22 right now and it will be going to print on Thursday of this week. Features to look forward to include...

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS WITH

Mitch Shirra (very, very lively and controversial!)

Martin Ashby

Sean Wilson

Russ Hodgson

Dave Baugh

Marcus Williams

FEATURES ON

Defunct track - Middlesbrough (Cleveland Park)

Where Have The Fans Gone? Part 2 (Berry's response & fans' views)

Marek Cieslak

Great Entertainers (National League)

Simmo on our GB World Cup Flops

Mastermind 2007-08 – the first lot of questions!

Cool cannot wait, Mitch was a great little rider, he could race on any type of track big or small,sure i remember him winning a commonwealth final at bradford, or was it an overseas!!!oh well he was bloody good, hard as nails also.. :wink:

Cool cannot wait, Mitch was a great little rider, he could race on any type of track big or small,sure i remember him winning a commonwealth final at bradford, or was it an overseas!!!oh well he was bloody good, hard as nails also.. :wink:

Right about him been as hard as nails, I think that his nicknamre or one of them was the Babyface Assasin.

I seem to remember him knocking Kai Neimi out with one punch, at Eastbourne I think it was.

Mitch was also mixing it with the likes of Steve Johnston and others last summer, January, in Perth, Aus, at the Ron Johnson memorial meeting. He flew over from his base in Sydney and gave us some entertaining rides on a borrowed bike before the engine expired! On good machinery he could have been in the top 3!!!

He was also friendly to all the fans!

I had a few conversations with him as he stayed in Quinns Rocks with Paul Pinfold, ex sidecar grasstracker! They found a bike in a shed, rebuilt it the night before the meeting, staying up till 3 a.m. and still Mitch rode well the next day! :lol:

Mitch was also mixing it with the likes of Steve Johnston and others last summer, January, in Perth, Aus, at the Ron Johnson memorial meeting. He flew over from his base in Sydney and gave us some entertaining rides on a borrowed bike before the engine expired! On good machinery he could have been in the top 3!!!

He was also friendly to all the fans!

I had a few conversations with him as he stayed in Quinns Rocks with Paul Pinfold, ex sidecar grasstracker! They found a bike in a shed, rebuilt it the night before the meeting, staying up till 3 a.m. and still Mitch rode well the next day!  :lol:

:D thats what little champions do,great rider and a top fellow :lol:

Had a chat with Mitch today... he said "it took them 3 months of editing to get to a printable version"..... :lol:

Regards.

tmc, when is BT22 due out?

Sorry for the slight delay everyone, and thanks for your patience.

Issue 22 is now back from the printers and will be posted to all subscribers today (Monday, Sept 24). You should receive it by Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

As usual, feedback would be very much appreciated.

Got my copy today and as per usual 10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Got to say that can we have John Berry in charge of British Speedway as an independent body. His comments really made sense and I'm sure with his input we may be able to increase the profile of the sport.

Wishfull thinking on my part no doubt :D

Got my copy today and as per usual 10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Got to say that can we have John Berry in charge of British Speedway as an independent body. His comments really made sense and I'm sure with his input we may be able to increase the profile of the sport.

Wishfull thinking on my part no doubt  :D

Have to agree with you on the John Berry been an independent boss of speedway, I had never thought about him.

Sorry for the slight delay everyone, and thanks for your patience.

Issue 22 is now back from the printers and will be posted to all subscribers today (Monday, Sept 24). You should receive it by Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

As usual, feedback would be very much appreciated.

Can't give you any better feedback than I already have in the past TMC I love it!!!!! :approve: Mine arrived yesterday forgot to let you know as was too busy reading it :wink:

TMC :wub: loveychucks :wink: is there anyway please that you can get me a copy of the photo on the backpage of '79 Rockets please each and everyone one of them my heros and I don't want to ruin my backtrack my cutting it up B)

Edited by shazzybird

It was Mitch's birthday lastweek. (He's now telling everyone he's only 40)... :lol:

I'v got him the Backtrack Mag as a Pressy.... ;)

Told him the Headlines are "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS WITH ...Mr Controversia Mitch Shirra!!!! (very, very lively, Close to the bone, and very very very controversial!!!!!!!)"

He said "$%@# can I retract it??? ...... :blink:

PMSL! ...

Regards.

PS.

I want him to sweat for a week. (;0)... due to him and his MagicBox trick :angry:

..... I was sitting on a steel work bench at the time.... :o

TMC spoke to Barney on Saturday he's well impressed being in the National League riders list whereas Uncle Ted is less than impressed :lol: