British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dicky Arbiter

Collins pipped at Broadford

Guest Dicky Arbiter

18 riders contested the solo class in the SSRAV's "Club Day" event at Broadford today (Sunday). With other classes featuring 1000cc sidecars, 250cc sidecars, vintage sidecars, vintage solos and junior sidecar events too, it was apacked day's racing and the solo class saw each rider have three qualifying heats with the top six scorers progressing to the final. Aiden Collins (riding in his last meeting in OZ before returning home to the "warmth" of the UK next Sunday!) won each of his three heats to head the qualifiers.

The third of those heat wins saw him have a tremendous dice with Jason Stewart before Collins just took first place to make it three out of three.

Stewart (two wins and a second) joined Aiden in the final alongside Mark Jones (two wins and a third in the heats), Karlis Ezergailis, Corey Cathercole and corey Dore.

Collins led into the first bend from the inside starting grid but Stewart got a great run around the outside of the first and second bends, forged into the lead and went onto take the victory with aiden second, Mark Jones third. Karlis Ezergailis finished fourth and was followed home by Cathercole and Dore.

Andrew Cleave and passenger dave Power took the honours in the main sidecar class going through the day unbeaten.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Thanks for the report Dicky, unfortunately I couldn't make it today and it sounds like I missed a good meeting. Six in the final though, wasn't that a hell of a squeeze going into turn one ?

I know someone else beside Aidan Collins who is going home next weekend too. Dicky, I hope you have enjoyed your summer here and we colonials have made your stay enjoyable if not a bit too warm (weather wise) at times. Safe trip home mate.

Guest Dicky Arbiter
Thanks for the report Dicky, unfortunately I couldn't make it today and it sounds like I missed a good meeting. Six in the final though, wasn't that a hell of a squeeze going into turn one ?

I know someone else beside Aidan Collins who is going home next weekend too. Dicky, I hope you have enjoyed your summer here and we colonials have made your stay enjoyable if not a bit too warm (weather wise) at times. Safe trip home mate.

It wasn't much of a squeeze at the first bend Lunchy with Aiden C, Stewie and mark Jones all making good starts.

I've certainly enjoyed my second trip to Oz and thanks (!!!!!) for reminding me that I'm off back to the UK next week!!!! Be warned though...I WILL be back cos I've decided that I "don't do" British winters anymore!!! :evil: ;)