British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

2.gif <<<<<< me and NikkiF :lol:

lol - but I dont think so - you each only have one bottle in your hand!!!!! :lol:

lol - but I dont think so - you each only have one bottle in your hand!!!!! :lol:

You missed Pammie out too.. oh but then again she'll probably be a lightweight again and go back early! :D

Guest chris26
Or sell your 4.5 litre V8 gas guzzler.

oh, I wish I could afford one of those :lol::D

or even better, when I can get insurance for one, buy a VXR8 :approve::D

Guest chris26
I paid £1.03 a litre t'other day for petrol ( about the day you posted. I admit it's gone up to £1.06 since, but when I wrote that psot it was even less, about 98p around here). My car does 42 mpg on the run. There 4.54 litres in a gallon.

So from that I pay £4.67 a gallon and I get 42 miles, thats 11.11p a mile (or £1.11 for every 10 miles, so not a bad estimate, whne working out what a journey is going to cost me £1 is a nice round figure that work and it close enough for estimating). So for your £100, you have to travel 900 miles :rolleyes: Do you like in Scotland? Edinburgh and Glasgow are closer than that!

Now you wake up and either do some maths and work out how bloody stupid your suggestion is, or actually drive some where and put some petrol in your car and see the cost.

Before you come on here spouting spurtious figures, makes sure they're feasible and that nobody can argue with them.

And BTW, thats 42 mpg is achieved with less than efficient driving, I bet I could get it to 45 mpg if I wanted to.

Feel free to argue back.

yes, I know 4.54 litres = 1 gallon.

petrol prices round my area are ridicolous. average of £1.10 atm so that's about £4.75/£4.80 per gallon (I think) :unsure: - and just route planned from my house to millennium stadium and it is 248 miles (so 496 miles round trip) - a CR-V auto (does anywhere between 25-30 on a run depending on the weather being colder or warmer) - and also bear in mind this is going with dad driving as it would cost a bomb for him to have me on his insurance. :wink:

so we will say £4.80 per gallon in this case and 25mpg, that equals 19.2p per mile (£1.92 for every 10 miles I go)

£0.192 x 496 = £95.23

so erm, unless I have made more erros, which I have NOT, my figure of it costing a total of nearly £100 to make a trip there and back to Cardiff wasn't so far out was it now? ;)

Edited by chris26

I will be going whatever.

Fly out to Tenerife a few days later, but keeping a few £'s spare for Cardiff where I hope to bump into a few names on here.

Will make a change for 2 Wolves riders in the GP this year and hope David can get another shot at the Wild Card, but think Lee Richardson (or Edward Kennett) will get this years place.

Would be interesting if they gave it to 17 year-old Tai Woffinden who would surely be the youngest rider to have ridden in a GP ..... wouldn't he ?

Well, in typical Spanish style, I have only just found out I finish my exams early enough to come to Cardiff after all! A bit late now though to organise something... hmmm! :unsure:

Edited by a61

IWould be interesting if they gave it to 17 year-old Tai Woffinden who would surely be the youngest rider to have ridden in a GP ..... wouldn't he ?

Not sure if this could happen as I seem to remember a bit of a fussed was kicked up about Morten when he was due to be a WC in the danish G.P a few years back. Apparently he needed to be 18 to get the right type of license if i remember correctly?

Well, in typical Spanish style, I have only just found out I finish my exams early enough to come to Cardiff after all! A bit late now though to organise something... hmmm! :unsure:

Read your message about this yesterday - already have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

I'm going too. It's my first time at a Grand Prix, and I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

You missed Pammie out too.. oh but then again she'll probably be a lightweight again and go back early! :D

Not til she's ordered and paid for our dinner again!!!! :lol:

I keeping a few £'s spare for Cardiff where I hope to bump into a few names on here.

Make sure you come and find me, I'll be the sober one with NikkiF no doubt :lol:

Oh excellent knew you would make it if you could!!!!!

Of course i will be there! I have a fun pack few weeks! Thursday - prom, Friday and Saturday Cardiff, Sunday recovering from Cardiff, and the next weekend im off to Paris!!

(...And school will be officially over for ever then!! :rolleyes: )

Make sure you come and find me, I'll be the sober one with NikkiF no doubt :lol:

I've decided I'm not drinking this year :P

I've decided I'm not drinking this year :P

Will no doubt try and find you Shazzy .... let me know which toilets to meet you in ;)

Nikki .... not letting liquids pass your lips ....... thats my wish gone then :rolleyes: