Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

The extended Bobbin' family will again be making the not so long treck down the M4. Decided not to stay thenight - the outlaws wanted somewhere in the centre of the City, but nothing doing. Can't wait though! Maybe this time I'll actually get to meet up with some of you in the POW.

Got our tickets booked.....same seats as this year,happy memories!!!!!

as for the last 4 years will be camping out at Lavernock point where the craic is mighty.

We are camping also there again!! Its gonna be quite a laugh!

Im defintly going around the pubs to meet people again :)

Once again going with Mrs Tyke. Hotel booked and tickets also. Looking forward to it. last year will take some beating (apart from the weather) that can only get better

I have just booked up in the Days Inn Cardiff Airport, 1/4 mile from the city centre.  They still have rooms available through laterooms.com

Hate to say this but it's a quarter mile from the airport and 10 miles from the city centre according to their info.

Cardiff???? Garbage. Novelty value has worn off and the racing as usual is awful. See you all in Leszno, home of proper racing :D

A list of hotels here if you want to find a room. ;)

I won't be staying overnight....no doubt it'll be Mildenhall the next day! :D

Yup, we're going :P

As I said on the other thread we booked our room as we left last year, we're about 3 miles out of the city centre so we bus in and walk back, which wasn't much fun in the rain last year but it's usually OK!!!

Got our tickets too and that was the fun part, the speedway world tv website is rubbish!!! We're in M33, Row 2, Seats 13-18. Roll on 28th June!!!!!! :D

Oh and see you all in the Prince of Wales :)

Edited by bananas

I have just booked up in the Days Inn Cardiff Airport, 1/4 mile from the city centre.  They still have rooms available through laterooms.com

Thats a terrible place to stay TBH. Nothign there, miles from anywhere (but the airport and the seen better days Barry Island).

Centre of Newport would be 100 times better, train back to Newport, go out in Newport afterwards.

Was really shocked at price of tickets for next year!! We always have more or less same seats, last year they were £29.00 we have paid £37.05 for 2008 :o:shock: Hope it is worth it!!! ;)

:) had my room booked for 2 months now at the travelodge central ... see you in walkabout ... just got tot cancel the other 2 saturdays i booked !!! And i`m not worried about the noise from the pub as i`ll be drunk and after all those air-horns i`m deaf anyway :lol:

Is it tickets thru ticketmaster as usual ???

We're about ten minutes away from the stadium but we were about 20 mins last time and we drove in (hubby designated driver!) and used the park and ride. Bit of a pain waiting for the bus in the rain, but would recommend the P+R.

Will hopefully be in the PoW a little earlier next year (if we don't get lost again!) and meet a few more people :approve:

Nothing booked but I'm going  :D

:unsure: If anyone is planning to stay over in the city it will be a struggle now to find a room anywhere. Me and the missus have had to book two single rooms. Still, never mind it will save me the rollicking about my drunken snoring! :rolleyes: